1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Harris out !

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Sep 17, 2022.

1. brb

brb CR250

I wonder, so this is only a guess to answer your question, whether there is more to this than meets the eye. I'm sure Harris was critical of our structure when he arrived at the club, so maybe when Fisher came in...well I best not speculate as I don't fancy getting sued, but there has to be a reason behind all this that might make some sense in the longer term, that don't make any sense at this moment of time. As I say just a guess, taking the frustration out of it from fans.

2. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Would you have one of your old boys back as manager of Harris got sacked?

If so, how about Steve Bruce?

brb likes this.
  3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

You can't polish a turd! ... apologies for the 'graphic' language - but - sometimes only using 'bold' words can express one's feelings.

I have (yet) to add my agreement that Harris should go... I am staggered that Scally hasn't sacked Harris - a long time ago (( during a time when Gills went only five league games without scoring. )) I will agree with several comments made by others against Harris - either in this forum, or other social media...These include some strange team selection (( or not as maybe. )) Player retention and 'releases' at the start of the season, and repeated use of failed tactics...particularly the negative style of play --- The negativity began in the final half dozen games last season and, in my opinion, was responsible for our relegation... Harris had been doing a good job in getting The Gills out of the bottom 4, when he decided to go ultra negative and it back -fired...we should have 'comfortably' been able to get an extra point (( such as against Fleetwood )) - but messed up...

I do believe that the decision to release certain players have proved to be mistakes - and they do not help the feeling by fans of the credibility of Harris to extricate the team from impending ignominy!

It is hard to argue against anti- Harris sentiment among fans.. If it's not Harris, it would have been Evans, or Lovell etc... Each of the managers during the time that Mr. Scally has been Chairman, (( with the exception of Pulis )), have had to shop at footballs' Poundland - to find a turd that didn't need much polishing... These managers were not given 'real' funds for player recruitment - and those funds dried up completely in the last few years - so, is it surprising that Gills have become a complete mess ?

Harris should be a little more humble - and accept his mistakes - and not insult the intelligence of the fans - otherwise he will be vilified as was Evans, and Scally. (( at least by a sizeable number of fans. ))...If all we've been able to afford (( up to now )), has been turds - don't try to sugar-coat them... I haven't expected Harris, Evans, Lovell etc to polish our turds- but - at very least the turds could have been wiped a little differently.....

.....Harris isn't entirely without blame for all our turds.. We've had the Chief Crapper for 27 years of diarrhoea - but, now that we've got a new Andrex puppy, loaded with billion-ply pound note paper, we might finally be able to wipe our arse clean...... and let's hope that it will be the turds that go down the toilet - rather than my beloved Gillingham Football Club.

Lord Sondes Clock and brb like this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

I think Steve Bruce needs to put his feet up and retire, I thought he was mad to go to WBA, the poor guy is going to give himself a heart attack. If he was younger and looked fitter, I'd have no problem with him managing us, if we could afford his wages (unlikely) - I remember his days fondly at the club, but the time has now come to look after himself.

5. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Anyone else out there like me who feels that the BS has gone too far for the season to be resurrected in time to prevent the drop into the National League?

6. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

His (Harris), days are numbered !
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/kenny-jackett-and-andy-hessenthaler-gillingham-279910/

When I saw the headline, my first thought was how many more chairmen do we need ? -- I will be extremely surprised if Harris is still employed by Gills (( other than as 4th co-chairman )) within a week or tiny bit more !

I can sympathise ( a bit ), with Harris -- having only unpolishable excrement with which to work - but, as I have vociferously stated, a huge problem is lack of commitment - for which Harris must take sole responsibility...I am reasonably sure that several more points could have been achieved (( won- or 'saved' )), in matches - only if the players had been more 'engaged.' - that is the manager's job.... We all know that Hessenthaler would have to be dragged off a pitch kicking and screaming - rather than not 'try' until his last breath....Hopefully he and Jackett can have enough time and some 'polishable' excrement - so that Gills do not join the slurry pile in National League.

Lord Sondes Clock and brb like this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

My first thought on reading the article is that Jackett is there because of Harris, not one of to replace him, no? (although he could replace Harris, IF needed).

Hessy has an eye for talent, not to forget that's how we got Gazzaniga on the books all those years ago. He also had a lot of faith in youth players, putting out I believe, one of our youngest teams ever.

Please correct if my detail is wrong.

Now I'm getting excited, positive moves.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2023
  8. brb

brb CR250

BBC Sport Kent

@BBCKentSport
    ·
    1h

“I endorse them coming in, I was kept up to speed through the whole process. “No fears of either of them wanting to manage or take my job.” “They’re here to help the football club and support me.” #Gills Neil Harris on the appointment of Kenny Jackett and Andy Hessenthaler.

9. allbluelenny

allbluelenny Well-Known Member

This looks great news, lets hope they can turn it around and save our club

brb likes this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

alwaysright likes this.

11. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Great result for you chaps today.

brb likes this.
  12. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Great first 2 games results . 4 goals scored none conceded.
    Long may it continue, Harris has got very lucky with the money given as most managers been long gone before January.
    Credit to him so far though, players coming in look quality

brb likes this.