1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Harris out !

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Sep 17, 2022.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

well - it will be if ( when ) Gills lose at Hartlepool.
    It won't be the fault of Harris - but - for his sake, I don't see anything other than a resignation or sacking....
    ....And the players should be ashamed of themselves ! Mansfield were nothing special - but - were given so much time and space.. In truth, they should have scored 4 or 5 before half time.
    In the second half (especially ), most of the (Gills) side seemed to have lost total ability to be able to kick the ball. The quality on show was dreadful - the desire to show any passion was non-existent. ..What I saw was not good enough for National League............ but - I did say that won't happen (( Gills will be extinct before next August! ))

Lord Sondes Clock and brb like this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

Not sure if you look at the National League table, but I often do, and Scunthorpe are in the bottom four, with the likes of Southend, Aldershot, Torquay and Yeovil all hovering just above, so it don't bode well for us.

3. alwaysright

brb - looking at the League 2 table is depressing enough................ thank goodness for the Spurs performance this evening.

brb likes this.
  4. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Another defeat
    Another goaless Gillingham
    If we lose in FACuo next week surely Harris will be gone if not before

5. gioblues

Knocking out Brentford has given Harris another week Another defeat and no goals against Northampton and now replay v AFC Fylde. If we go out to them can Harris carry on.

6. brb

brb CR250

I see a number of fans, I couldn't guess the percentage, are asking the same questions. I still stand by my original stance, I counted yesterday something like 31 manager appointments in the time I've been supporting the club, you could probably count on one hand the number that were anywhere near successful, suppose I just see it as a merry go round at my grand old age. I can't see us being in business much longer anyway, and that runs deeper than a manager, just hope I'm wrong on the latter account at least.

7. Lord Sondes Clock

Lord Sondes Clock Active Member

I think the investment/take over rumours are unhelpful at this point. If Harris is shown the door now, who will want to come in knowing that they could be gone again in a couple of months if the new owners want their own man?

Even in the darkest hours of the early 90s, I never felt as disheartened as I do now. It’s just all so very sad.

brb likes this.
  8. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

As an 'outsider looking in', and as a 'Kentish football fan' who was a Gills season ticket holder from 1989 - 2010, how does this team compare to the previous dark days of Roeder and Smillies teams? I have only been to one match this season away at Orient and I thought that considering that they were top of the league the Gills were quite competitive and if chances had been taken could have snatched a draw.

Obvs the goal scoring issues are clear to anyone who just looks at the stats are these down purely to bad finishing or insufficient quality generally to create chances for the strikers?

I am going to the game tonight so I will be able to make my mind up to a certain extent, but I was interested to hear from the people who have been watching all season. I do get regular match reports from a friend who has remained a season ticket holder, but he is very much a glass half full type of person who tries to make the best of it and offer hope, I get the impression some of you here maybe less generous.

9. alwaysright

I have been supporting The Gills for much longer than yourself... The current squad (( probably very nice people )), are very poor in terms of creativity... The statistics for most, if not all games, sadly show that virtually no 'real' attempts have been made during a match...I believe that only 2 league goals ( in 17 games ), have been scored from 'open' play, and possession stats are low.....The figures don't lie ! The entertainment value ( when not getting drenched at half time by the overactive sprinklers ), is dire - even with Stimson, Gills had one of the best Home records in the division ( actually close to promotion form. ).....Over recent years the overall quality has nose-dived.. Gills have 'hoofed' the ball upfield, and immediately lost possession - it has been dreadful to watch...

Gills now have a chairman who is totally uninterested in the team - and uses the Club as a cash cow - whilst only ever using £1 of his own money as investment (( nobody has ever been able to prove me wrong !! )) He refuses to consider selling the Club without continued 'control' thereafter !!.. He has manipulated ownership of the assets so as to be virtually sole owner of each part of the 'business'' - and, of course he's sitting on a £20 Million building site.................which would suit the American property developer, who is the only one to consider Scally staying on after any possible sale .... So, you see, Scally wants to keep on milking the cow, to help produce the cream to put on his cake and eating it......

.... how's that for a half-full glass ?

10. gioblues

First 2 seasons with Evans was ok. We did not play great football but got points and had some quality players. Last season everything went downhill, we struggled, had less quality and scoring goals became a problem. Harris came in January, must fans thought he was a real coup. He started well, not scoring much but grinding out a few wins and getting much needed points. In fact we could of stayed up if we got extra point from are last 6 games. This season we have even less quality and Harris has struggled to get the team to gel. Playing not to lose rather than trying to win. 2 wins from 17 with only 6 goals scored. Only 1 or 2 from open play.
    Cannot see any upturn under Harris.
    If we were creating more chances, then maybe we could see a light but we are not. 1 or 2 per game is truly awful.

11. gioblues

Is Harris still here ?
    Have we gone up the league
    Have we won a game
    Have we scored a goal
    Have we played 20 games winning 2 scoring 6 goals
    Is Harris worst Points per game and goals for worst in history?.

Lord Sondes Clock likes this.
  12. Lord Sondes Clock

I’ve kept myself away from a screen all day until now and I honestly expected to see that Harris had been relieved of his duties this morning. Or better still, that he had demonstrated the same strength of character shown by Andy Hess is 2004/5 and resigned.

It’s beyond belief that this is being allowed to continue with no comment whatsoever from Scally or Fisher, not even an attempt at a rallying call for us all to stick together etc. Just deafening silence.

There’s one thing in unlimited supply at Priestfield - total contempt for the supporters.

What an absolute shambles and laughing stock our great club has become.

alwaysright likes this.
  13. Lord Sondes Clock

Another 24 hours of radio silence from Priestfield. My mood is shifting from despair to anger now. Why is it beyond them to give us some sort of reassurance that we’re not sleepwalking to oblivion?

brb likes this.
  14. Lord Sondes Clock

brb likes this.
  15. Lord Sondes Clock

brb likes this.
  16. alwaysright

17. alwaysright

18. gioblues

Very strange. Surely manager tells chairman what players he needs then find the players and see if we can afford them. Not other way round. Mind you Harris said shorey had a good eye for a player. Well either he did and you are wasting him or Shorey didn't. Harris hanging on by his finger nails hoping new investment coming in soon.

19. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

If I was Harris, I'd just walk. The situation is just impossible........

20. gioblues

HOW is Harris still manager
    Another defeat, another game without scoring to next to bottom club at home.
    Said should of gone after about 10 games since last win against Sutton on Ist October we have had 4 points not scored in last 7 games bottom of league