1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Happier days

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by goldfinger, Jan 24, 2021.

1. goldfinger

goldfinger Well-Known Member

Reading on here and I think just living life at the minute can be tough. I thought to post some pictures from days gone by following the lads might help raise spirits a little.
    So, to start a memorable away day at Man City. 1990/1991 was a great season following the lads especially away from home. We had some great trips away with the finale an away day at Man City that those that were there will never forget.

Pictured is a few of the lads from our bus that day. If you can remember back the ninja turtles were all the rage so I was dressed as a ninja turtle, Markatello, my mates dressed as turtles were Jarvatello, Houghtatello and Bobatello!

please feel free to post your memories to remind ourselves of the good times and perk up spirits.

1AEACAA4-8FD1-44B9-BDC4-84D08B0D8458.jpeg

2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Brilliant photo mate, daft lads having a laugh ...

... seems like 100 years ago <laugh>

I'll dig a few photos out.

Imagine the selfies if we'd have smart phones in the 70's eh.

3. goldfinger

goldfinger Well-Known Member

Aye the mind boggles! I’m sure I’ve a few others to put up so I’ll look them out.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  4. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with the fans memories - although I do have some good memories of games home and away but what I miss from games these days are the tackles to get the ball back instead of the "marshalling" to get the ball back. I can remember Bally going in for 50/50 balls and winning them with the crowd reacting with a large roar, sometimes louder than when we scored a goal