1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

hammers get stadium

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Mar 22, 2013.

1. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

I think City lease their ground don't they?

2. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

I like the fact that you assume that anyone who's against it must be jealous. I'm not jealous, I just think in a time of austerity, spending so much money on something that'll only really be for the benefit of a select group of people (i.e. West Ham fans) is ridiculous, irresponsible and takes the piss. Football needs to start living in the real world. As for what it could be used for, I've always felt it should be a similar type of stadium to Wembley: used for concerts, England games, American Football, other random events, athletics, cricket perhaps, maybe the FA Cup Semi-Finals, etc but in a far better location than Wembley.

And unless that rent is renegotiated at a later point, due to the inflation I think that £2 million will be worth less and less over time (or unless it's due to rise in line with inflation, but I've not heard anything like that).

And I'm pretty sure City do lease their ground.

3. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Don't forget West Ham will only be using it for around 19 - 25 days of the year. There is no reason why the stadium can't be used for many of the events you mention.

In fact, due to the conversion that we are part funding, it can used for a wider range of events than it could have if it had remained an athletics stadium with a track.

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Good luck West Ham with the new stadium.

So what if you've had a break, others will have to up their game to keep up

5. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

My comment talked about those moaning about the cost/tax and not about your comment, I wasn't replying to you as you raise valid points in a constructive way so apologies if you felt attacked by my comment <ok>

Not so much your comment but when people start having digs about filling the stadium or the view then it starts coming across as bitter and Jealous.

6. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Tbh I think it's more a case of us upping our game to keep up with the rich clubs out there.

7. Keith Lemon

Keith Lemon Active Member

I think you guys are making a mistake relocating.