1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

hammers get stadium

Discussion in 'West Ham' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Mar 22, 2013.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Feel a bit sorry for Leyton O's, but its a good move for WHU.

3. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

I don't see why it would harm them? If 5/6 Premier League clubs in London hasn't killed them, then us moving into a new stadium won't, it's not like Leyton Orient fans haven't had the chance to switch teams in the past...

Hearn just wanted in on the OS so made the sob story up.

4. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Now the tricky part we need to stay in the PL or we could end up like Coventry.

5. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

6. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

7. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

don't forget to take your binoculars ....far too big for the hammers that the atmosphere will be effected....

8. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Retractable seating over the track, jealous much?

9. Although it is obviously a good move for the immediate future, I am not so sure this is a good thing for West Ham United in the long term.

I must admit, £15m upfront with annual rent of just £2m seems far too good a deal to be true. However, what happens to the money when you sell Upton Park? Whatever happens to that money, what happens when its gone? It will also reduce the value of the club since you won't have a stadium asset. This as not worked well for other clubs such as Coventry who used to be a regular top flight side.

What happens if you get relegated again (no offence intended) and struggle to fill the stadium? Its unthinkable right now but what happens if you get to a point where you can't afford £2m in rent?

As I said, short term planning this is great but I'd have concerns about the long term if I was a hammer <ok>

10. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Ha ha!

Look at the taffs giving it the biggun' all of a sudden!

11. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

So everyone's going to sit in the front <laugh> are you real or what, have you been there because i have and unless the place has changed then most fans will be so far away that the players look like ants.....go and check.....far to big a stadium for a smallish club like west ham.......

12. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

Nice to know my tax money is going towards subsidising your new stadium.

13. clsb

clsb New Member

So the Taff muppets have been in the Premier League for a couple of seasons and they come on here to pontificate about West Ham's new stadium. Why is it far too big? Current stadium is 35,000 and we've sold out the last 12 games at home. Add in cheaper tickets and some of the priced out fan base will return to boost the crowds. Good to see that a big Welsh club is likely to be joining the EPL next season to over-shadow the tiny club already there.

14. ToL1D7

ToL1D7 Member

horray, take my taxes n waste them on your stadium, great to know the government got our priorities in order.

also good luck filling it <ok>

15. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

No, everyone isn't going to sit at the front, the higher tier will be cheaper for the folk of London that can't spend 40 quid on PL football.
    We're the smallish club? <laugh>

16. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Why are people so bitter about West Ham moving into the Olympic Stadium?

Total Conversion costs: Under £200m, West Ham is paying 15 million of that upfront, and then we will pay 2 Million every year for the next 99 years. So that means we will have paid over 200 million, paying back the cost of adapting the stadium (even more than the cost needed to adapt it).

We are not getting a new stadium, the Olympic stadium will not be ours, we will be simply renting it, it will not belong to West Ham, and so there is no reason why we should pay the full value of the Stadium unless we were going to buy it.

Can please everyone moaning about the decision to award us the situation please find an alternative option that will bring as many fans frequently into the stadium than the current one? Or should we just leave it as it is and not use it like the Chinese Olympic Stadium witch is falling apart.

Jealousy Jealousy Jealousy....

17. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Well said Bzzz.

18. Bzzz

I made a comment above that isn't about costing tax payers blah blah blah. It was about WHU and was looking for a WHU input but its been completely ignored. How can you expect serious comments if this is the response? <doh>

19. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Gerrez

I see your points and they are all valid.

There is still a lot of mystery and we all want answers to many of the questions that you have just asked.

We have to have faith that David Gold and David Sullivan are shrewd businessmen who appear to have the club at heart. We have no choice but to trust them. I have confidence, in Gold in particular, that they are working in the best interests of the club, although I'm sure there will be a few quid in it for them along the way.

It is generally felt that the move will bring investment in the club and I suppose the aim is to emulate Man City rather than Coventry!

It seems like a massive gamble, but if it pays off, we could become a real force in English football.

20. Don't Man City own their stadium? Thats different (although tax payer moans remain) because its their asset.

I guess this only effects West Ham from a business view point so the fans will generally be happy as more will be able to attend. I think comments regarding attendance and atmosphere are unfounded, only time will tell.