1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Guess the testing ranking.

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Big Ern, Feb 1, 2019.

1. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

I do wonder how much 'control and direction' comes from her or from Frank!! Sadly I think their business model of making as much as they can is not compatible with current F1.
    It appears that Liberty are trying to make standard parts from a supplier like gearbox internals, fire extinguishers etc. A bit like the ECU coming from McLaren. So teams would use standard parts that should be cheaper than manufacturing them individually. They are talking about standardising certain components that all teams need but are not really significant to the 'spectacle' which I think is a good idea to reduce costs.
    A budget cap would be great if it could be policed but with Ferrari and Red Bull in control of more than 1 team I don't see how budget caps can work fairly. The other problem with budget caps is the loss of jobs and when ever the rules are announced teams with money will plough money into development of the car before the budgets com in. So I can see it taking 2 years before any caps really come in to play. I am not sure Williams can hang on in there till then.

I would live to see more engineering freedom for innovative ideas but that can only really come when budget caps are working.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.