1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic God Save Our Queen

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Sep 8, 2022.

1. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Definitely then <laugh><laugh>

wizered and Angelicnumber16 like this.
  2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

In previous Iranian protests, one or two shots by the regime at the crowd and they all used to disappear. This time, nothing is stopping the uprising so far. The regime’s ‘shoot to kill’ policy isn’t working anymore. People want revolution.

3. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

this is my last post on this subject, just sick off the likes of red robin spouting bigoted, racist ****e i know everyones entitled to his opinion and i respect that. but he really needs to read a good book on the 1947 indian seperations that mountbatten instigated or for that matter a copy of mein kampf to see where this idiocy can lead,

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
    AshtonRed likes this.
  4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Got to be honest here. This thread started off as a saying farewell to the Queen.
    Now it’s turned into “I’m not racist but” comments
    One thing that worries me is none of us know each other in real life. So for all posters know some other posters or readers could be from different origins, different colour having to read this sort of stuff being posted.
    This is a football forum I thought.

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

ROD I wrote up a post last night asking people to be careful of personal comments on racism as things were flowing quite fast, I was tempted to close the thread but I hate to close down controversial discussion, I decided to hold off and so far, although some elements have made uncomfortable reading, I don't believe the line has been crossed, so it remains an open thread.

If anyone out there is unhappy I quite understand and am prepared to act, I have not received any requests to close, just pm me if you do have concerns and if the demand is there I will close, of course if there is any rules broken I will delete automatically, we do have a lot of interest from guests viewing these boards so please be aware.

Reliant Robin TC2 and RedorDead like this.
  6. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

from tributes to the Queen and monarchy it really has deviated from the thread. I have commented but kept comments brief or advised to google or check elsewhere. This is the 4TH OF 7 PAGES not really to do with Queen E11R. Bearing in mind her maj was queen of all the races [ most of them anyway ] and religions she must turning in her grave.

7. realred1952

A fantastic speech by William today on his Grans close affection with nature and the need to look out for the planets future .. our children, their children and those that follow. Must be time for Earthshot 2 soon?

8. Red Robin

William and Kate when their time comes will be a fantastic king and Queen.

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  9. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

I really don’t know why, but I’ve just got a feeling that could be sooner than many people think!

Red Robin likes this.
  10. realred1952

hopefully not for 5 or more years maybe 10 has the genes of 2 long lived persons ...

11. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I was having a strange thought the other day!! That I knew of the Queen longer than I did my own parents..:emoticon-0104-surpr.

12. Red Robin

I get the feeling that Charles does not want the pressure -he is a very private guy who does not seek the limelight.

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  13. Red Robin

Same here -she was here when i came into the world and my parents were gone before here.

14. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I think Charles's best tactic would be to abdicate in 2-3 years (5 max) and hand over to William.
    Although I don't think he's actually hated, he's nowhere near as popular as his mother - and nowhere near as popular as his son (particularly in the Commonwealth countries) - so for the monarchy - and the Commonwealth - to survive in its current state then I believe that would be the right thing to do.

Red Robin and Reliant Robin TC2 like this.
  15. Red Robin

Non football thread i do believe
    OFF TOPIC GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN

16. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

The Queen gave Charles most of his life to do more or less what he wanted, and to pursue his own interests and causes, while she did the 100% dedication to duty year in year out.
    She could easily have taken an easier path and abdicated years before, and could have enjoyed a leisurely retirement of sorts, but she selflessly didn't.

Red Robin likes this.
  17. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I believe Charles should reign till his death just as the Queen.
    It's not Strictly Come Dancing.
    It's 'how it's done'.

18. Red Robin

I agree but Charles is a different beast to his mum.

I would be very surprised if he stays till death.

19. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I think in his speech he laid down his intentions...for how long he lives....like you say, it's how it's done...
    I'm not sure how much impact he will have in these modern times....but it keeps GB's identity for a little while longer!!

Redprintt and Angelicnumber16 like this.
  20. realred1952

I knew my father for less than 65 years and my mother for 92 years the queen was a princess when I was born so knew her for over the 70 years of her reign as queen

you have a very strange interpretation of character. King Charles is far from private throughout his life he has mingled and commented set up trusts and done a list of things that would take a hour to type up .
    He stated on his ascension he will become a different person ... less of what we know and in keeping with his new job!