1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic General election

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Billy Death, Apr 27, 2017.

?

General election

1. Conservative

28 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Labour

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  3. Libdem

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  4. Other

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I'd rather have wee Jimmy as PM than May. <ok>

2. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

She didn't hammer Corbyn ffs, she lost 30 seats to him and if it hadn't been for the dyke that catches pike in Scotland she would have been history now.

The lass as you call her is a ****ing idiot, David Davies admitted today she is no good at campaigning so why make the campaign about her ffs?

If someone is advising you and you think it is wrong then this woman of strong and stable leadership should have ****ing told them so..

I respect all political views, some Tory policies are ok but this woman is a one horse, tunnel vision, ego merchant that wants her name in the books as the leader that lead Brexit at whatever the cost and that includes the strife the DUP deal will cause in Ireland..

Nobody will drag anything back 50 years, the world has moved on, the politics have moved, it's only the Tories that clamour for austerity in their own back yard whilst donating billions to a world stage to boost their egos.

Boris Johnson ffs, David stutter Davies, Phil Hammond who looks like a man that couldn't be sacked, yeah a real rock there like..

Weak and wobbly in a minority, will tear up the NI peace process to retain their power along with pissing off a lot of women, clueless, leaderless and bloody awful for this Country at the moment..

3. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Take it your views different Joe. <laugh>

Deleted and haslam like this.
  4. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Yep..<laugh>

bit of substance there as well, night off, got a carer here sleeping, first beer in 2 weeks, as it's June, I thought of May..;)<laugh>

5. rooch 3

Lads who worked for me who made mistakes and didn't learn from them were usually useless but lads who made mistakes and learnt from them would turn out good lads, hopefully May will learn from her mistakes and turn out canny not like that f ucking dinosaur Corbyn.

Deleted and Mackem-Tiz like this.
  6. rooch 3

Enjoy your beers mate nobody deserves them more. <ok><cheers>

Mackem-Tiz and J๏E.. like this.
  7. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

How is investing in jobs and people dragging us back 50 years.. The Tory right wing policies has failed us time and time again, so we surely need to try something different. Labour are not saying they will implement all their policies at once. and the increased taxes gleaned from the better jobs and wages will eventually start biting into the deficit..

PS..There was just over 2% difference between Labour and the Tories, so not exactly hammered..

Montysoptician likes this.
  8. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Tories are a pure cringe party. Going back on virtually all their manifesto. Yet again, second election running the Tories scrap their policies post election. ****ing disorganised laughing stock. Micheal Gove in as environment minister even though he voted to take climate change off the curriculum. When challenged he basically admitted he votes where the Advisers tell him to vote. That's our Government for you. There to make decisions but get Advisers to make them. What a political cope out. Any Tom Dick and Harry could pull the strings in this country if you can blag a Tory Adviser interview <laugh>

9. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Sorry Joe. I understand your personal problems as I have a severely disabled son. I'm having a massive fight with social services ATM as he's tuned 18 and transitioning to adult services. But the deficit was £155BN per year when Labour left power and something had to be done about it. Was never going to make the doer popular, but that does not mean we didn't have to cut back. You can argue about the the cuts, but I for one would rather make them and not end up like Greece...

Mackem-Tiz and Deleted like this.
  10. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Good luck with that Sid, I still have my weekly battles with them for Lorraine. They don't make it easy but one of the biggest problems I have is recruiting decent PA's for her in York, especially for weekend working.

I understand what you are saying about the politics, we all have different views but not worth falling out over.

Stay cool buddy..<ok>

Mackem-Tiz and Brian Storm like this.

11. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

You too man. The bastards make it hard, but our struggle goes on! <ok>

Brian Storm likes this.
  12. Brian Storm

Not by cutting the poor and tax breaking the rich. Of course it wouldn't be popular. I think society would have been fine to share the burden of our recovery fairly though.

How can the cuts be justified when it's targeted at the poor part of society? It can't be, simple as that, and they've failed to. You're pretty much saying you're happy to pay the cost while the rich don't and get richer and that it's ok for only the low earners of the country to drag us out of the mess, only it didn't drag us out. Turns out it wasn't near enough and they've borrowed heavily as a result. It didn't have to be this way, the country would have been a better place if we all shared the burden.

It's not like the Labour party promised to reverse all cuts, just the the unfair ones which damage and destabilise our infrastructure and plunge people into poverty. They were calling on the rich to do the part they should have done in the first place.

Why people are so against the rich playing their part to save our police and NHS? Everybody else has had to so why not them and why are Labour so out of order for wanting this? Demented attitude imo. There's been nowt of substance to decredit the Labour manifesto, not even from the Tories themselves and certainly not the Tories on here.

13. MrRAWhite

Once again you are forgetting to mention that was purely down to the global economic crash..This is long gone now, but other nations have managed to recover far better than us without the severe austerity measures directed at everyone but the rich.

Brian Storm likes this.
  14. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

HMRC projected tax burden for 2017-18 :-

Top 1% of all income earners will pay 27.2% of income tax receipts
    Next 9% of top income earners will pay 32.0% of income tax
    Next 40% of income earners will pay 31.1% of income tax
    Bottom 50% of income earners will pay 9.7% of income tax

Make of that what you will. It's not party political, those numbers are straight from HMRC:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ncome_Tax_Liabilities_Statistics_May_2017.pdf

15. MrRAWhite

Britain's richest 1% own as much as poorest 55% of population. Britain's richest 1% have accumulated as much wealth as the poorest 55% of the population put together, according to the latest official analysis of who owns the nation's £9.5tn of property, pensions and financial assets.

Make of that what you will!

16. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

https://tradingeconomics.com/stocks

I'm not getting involved with this thread, but have been reading over much of it. This site is great, I use it a lot not just for politics etc, but for work. There's a drop down menu to the side that allows you to see figures which shape the economy vs other countries, very useful tool.

Play nice folks.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  17. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

So what would you do?

Brian Storm likes this.
  18. Brian Storm

<laugh> He's been saying for 37 pages man <laugh>

MrRAWhite and Sidthemackem like this.
  19. Mick Buxton's Allotment

Mick Buxton's Allotment Well-Known Member

People always use the atgument that something needs to be done to reduce the deficit. Fair enough.

However we continue to bang on about replacing Trident. Whether you agree with nuclear weapons , or not, if there's no money, and we need to pay down the debt, then we shouldn't be spending billions for a replacement.

We also shouldn't be reducing the 40% tax rate over the next 3 years. Oh, and I forgot about reducing Capital Gains Tax. Seems like there's no money! And on Labour taking us back 50 years, take a look at this, which shows that the Tories have been the biggest borrowers over the last 70 years.

http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/...the-biggest-borrowers-over-the-last-70-years/

20. Sidthemackem

Staff Member

I'm a member of CND mate <ok>

Brian Storm likes this.