1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gaston

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Don Cortese, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Don Cortese

Don Cortese Member

Apologies if its already been covered, but has anyone heard anything as to why Gaston wasnt in the squad yesterday? Couldnt see reference to it in any of Rons interviews?

2. saintbeardy

saintbeardy New Member

Groin strain according to radio Solent

3. Don Cortese

Don Cortese Member

Cheers, good that its nothing sinister then! I think between him and Tadic we could really cause people problems this season.

4. Tommomo

Tommomo Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think Gaston needs some time and freedom on the field to get confidence up. I would use him in all the cup games and as a occasional starter with the hope that he gels with our new front line. A few times last season i saw him come off the bench and really add creativity and flair so i hope that Koeman and co can flick the switch on him because he still has the potential to be one of our best players.

5. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Fabulous player in spells, and one who really worries defenders. Would love to see him do the biz in a Saints shirt. Tadic deserves his own thread, but what a great start. Feeling good today. Messages from Red mates who were at the game all very positive about Saints (but they already love Lovren - I've told them to guard against sentimentality with that one!). Now let's get the season started.

6. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Gaston really needs a good run of games this season if he is ever to develop his potential for us. Such a delicate flower.

7. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

I think he could do the tadic role on the other wing.

8. Tommomo

Tommomo Well-Known Member

Was thinking that during the game. Koeman said he wants another Winger so he'd probably only do it sporadically. He's relatively versatile behind the front man though so if his form improves we'll probably see him pop all over in the opposition half...til he gets injured...again

9. Ta-Dah-dić

Please, please, please let this be the season that we consistantly see what Gaston is capable of. He has an abundance of natural talent, a great eye for a pass and (in flashes) a real energy about his play.
    I know you don't get time in the premiership, either on the ball or over a number of games, but I can't help that think that unless he gets a proper run in the side, we will never see the best of him.

10. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

Gaston appears to be made of glass, agree it would be interesting to see him get a run of games opposite Tadic but he appears to be constantly injured...we will have to call him "Sick Note" if it carries on

11. CBK

CBK Well-Known Member

Groin strain...

... bet he wouldn't have had that if he was due to start the game.

12. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Cynicism....

... bet you wouldn't have come on the board for a while had he played and had a good game.

13. nick_obee

nick_obee Member

Cant see him getting much game time this season tbh - He's had two years now and not done it. I think if we could offload we would, even on loan.
    Lots in front of him in central positions, and would suggest that tadic, ward-prowse and davis would be more fancied out wide, plus we're looking for another wide player anyway.

Unfortunately, for me he is just one that showed little sparks of genius but a lot of crap too. :-(

14. CBK

CBK Well-Known Member

Cynicism laced with good information that Gaston has done this repeatedly before at Saints when he knows he's not going to be in the starting line-up. Sadly, he's a bit of a "melt"

I'd be delighted to say he had a good game... if he has a good game. I don't have anything personal against the mush, the facts speak for themselves (Last three SFC managers all unsure of his ability & whether they can trust him to start a game and do a job). Koeman may change his mind, but he won't be if Gaston cries off.