1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Friday 13th July Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by YouCanCallMeJeff, Jul 12, 2012.

1. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Didn't see a thread and wanted to get my one pick for tomorrow up before I head off for an early night.

Newmarket 1:20
    A lot will be made of the form of Perfect Step behind today's impressive winner Sovereign Debt over C&D. Riot of Colour however has form behind Perfect Step when beaten 1/2 a length, a 4lb swing in the weights should see that form reversed. ROC was also beaten 2 and 1/4 lengths over 6f by Cardigan but a 7lb swing and the extra furlong will suit ROC.

But none of these are actually my pick. TARTIFLETTE 8/1 (a wonderful name for a horse) will love the ground. Ran in behind Shamaal Nibras last time out when not getting a clear run in, Shamaal Nibras going on to finish in behind Trade Comissioner at Salisbury infront of Vainglory and a few other top horses in next start.

A small forecast on Tartiflette - Riot of Colour

Anyway that is my two peneth

Best of luck all <cheers>

2. beatenbyashorthead

IRISH HISTORY E/W
    3:00 Newmarket

3. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Nice to have a new thread starter Jeff so good on ya!

Right, down to business:

3.00 Newmarket: GIOFRA 10/1 (NAP) Golden Lilac's paper form is so strong that you can understand the short price but I think when you peer deeper into it there are enough bits of doubt to make you consider another French filly in this scenario. Yes she beat Cirrus Des Aigles last time out but the close proximity of Planteur, who was so easily put in his place by So You Think and Carlton Houseat Ascot, makes you wonder whether the CDA ran to his best that day. I am inclined to say no.

GIOFRA let Cirrus Des Aigles dictate the race easily when the met and I think a 9L defeat is an exaggeration of his talents. He was fit from a super win in Meydan over St Nicholas Abbey, also. I prefer tojudge Giofra on her very clear-cut win over the talented VADAMAR, seen below:

[video=youtube;9eKW-E08Gns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eKW-E08Gns[/video]

I have her down as definite top 2 rated in todays field and as such she rates a stone wall value bet e/w on my logic. Of course, that logic may be way off and that is what opinions are about. I also think soft ground plays to her stamina, which canot be said for most of the British/Irish field today, including Maybe.

Neither of these mighty French trainers come to Newmarket for the fun of it, and it will be a realteresting head to head having seen Giofra skip the Eclipse in favour of this.

4. GGW

GGW Well-Known Member

Completely agree Jeff re Tartfilette. For me it's her trip and her ground. I can fully understand why people would want to be with the jolly who ran in behind Soverign Debt or even with Cardigan who is held in high regard and both will have their day but I think Tartfilette's form is as good as any and at 9/1 is better value than the others.

One other I like and was lucky enough to see run lto at Sandown behind Trade Comissioner is Fulbright at 16/1 ew who I think travelled nicely and was game to the end. His attitude was really what caught my eye that day even though he clearly didn't stay. I hope he can go close tomorrow and whilst I admit it's probably a more competitive race than I was hoping to see him in whilst on this mark I just think 16s is worth some interest if you will.

5. TopClass

2.25 Newmarket MAUREEN 5/1(NB)

I thought she was an effortless winner of her maiden, had absolutely tonnes in hand, will appreciate a better pace this time around, is unexposed and I think seriously interesting. I don't think the ground will be a major issue, she seemed to have a big engine and I think she travelled so well with a really nice action that she can really make a big impact in this race. It was good to soft on its debut and I think it will handle the cut. Really interesting horse that looked to be going places.

4.10 Newmarket: MARSHGATE LANE will be right in the mix and I like him up in trip for placepot purposes. But Sir Michael Stoute sends out a really nicely bred one over a suitable trip to begin with and that reminds me a little of EAGLES PEAK- a debutant winner last year for the SMS yard who has since sadly retired due to injury. This one is called LEO LUNA and is a half brother to SEA MOON and BRIAN BORU. I'm sure Cats will inform us though if it is expected to go well, but usually the longer the trip the better for SMS newcomers, as they usually improve as they go up in trip so starting this out here is interesting IMO.

6. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Sendmylovetorose 2.25 Nmrkt 5/2. Having 1st decent wager on this one tomorrow as haven't backed much lately or anything of significance so hoping it can do the business, no time for more input, goodluck with all your bets as always.

If this one doesn't win i'm Boris Fenster!!

7. Galaxy

Galaxy Member

3.45 York ASKAUD 50/1

Here's a wee stoater to get yee boys and girls some bevvies this weekend!

Job Done!!

8. TopClass

Placepot:

Roger Sez/Ilaunglass
    Rebellious Guest/Piri Wango
    Maureen/Lovely Pass
    Golden Lilac
    Alfonso De Sousa/Ghurair
    Marshgate Lane/Leo Luna

9. Galaxy

Galaxy Member

3.45 York ASKUAD 50/1

A wee stoater fa yee lads and lassies tamara, should giya a nice few beer tokens.

Job Done!!

10. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

If Ahern doesnt win next time out! <doh>

If this one doesn't win i'm Boris Fenster!! <laugh>

11. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

I'm ignoring HQ today, and heading off to York. In fact I was going to ignore the racing altogether today, as I don't have time for form study. but as I opened my e-mails this soggy morn, there was an ATR tracker prompt (love that facility) advising me that Mick Channon's Lady Gorgeous goes in the 6f Gp3 for fillies & mares. After showing up well for a long way in the Jersey Stakes at RA, she went into my notebook with the comment "back when runs vs own sex". I expect the drop back to 6f from 7 to suit, though someone on the ATR site does not agree, saying it may not be in her favour, so we'll see. The 14s with Joe Coral is imo heavily in us punter's favour.

Must dash, job interview.

12. THEMANINBLACK

THEMANINBLACK Member

ASK THE GURU 7-40 CHESTER.
    very well thought of by the yard,all the vibes from the yard are good and a plunge is expected.the word is,it is fully fit and expected to win.
    indeed mr beckett has informed me---- if it does not win,i will show my arse in harrods window!

13. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

ASK THE GURU 7-40 CHESTER.
    very well thought of by the yard,all the vibes from the yard are good and a plunge is expected.the word is,it is fully fit and expected to win.
    indeed mr beckett has informed me---- if it does not win,i will show my arse in harrods window!

when do the tickets for Harrods go on sale

You are The Guru, im on Brown Envelope

14. rainbowview

rainbowview Well-Known Member

Morning all

GOLDEN LILAC will not win

And that Irish filly will defs not be winning the Cherry Hinton - absolute ****ty price - won possibly the worst ever Group 3 last time out will be lucky to finish in the places today.

15. Bluesky9

Bluesky9 Philosopher

I think Richard Hughes mounts today at Newbury must be given a second look and doubled and trebled up as he is giving up a couple of very smart horses at Newmarket to ride these unraced and unexposed horses.

good luck all

16. rainbowview

Yep agreed Blue

17. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Whats wrong with Golden Lilac?

I can't work out which horse you are talking about in the Cherry Hinton?

18. rainbowview

Nothing wrong with her she is just way short. Really like MAYBE <ok>

SENDMYLOVETOROSE in the Cherry Hinton

19. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Agreed, my money is on maybe 8/1 e/w is a massive price! :D

20. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Just looking at the cards and Perfect Step, the Varian horse has been withdrawn... Must make Tartiflette a stronger prospect for this race...?