1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FPP to take full control

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Whiteleas Wanderer, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Not sure if the adult analogy is quite right, I usually spend 7.30...8.30 am stopping my grandchildren aged 6 and 3 from squabbling to eat their breakfast and get dressed... the bickering and 'I must have the last word' is very childish..

I like forums for the craic and often news before any tv or newspaper has it. There used to be a lad who worked at Ponteland airport who would tell us which potential new player had landed... loved all that.

But the petty point scoring is frankly both boring and dispiriting.

If the facts change it is okay to change also. When Parky had a row with our player of the year and we were losing games and dropping out of promotion contention, I wanted him gone...now I am looking forward to seeing us win tonight (fingers crossed, it's the Sunderland way).

Donald is obviously not wealthy enough to provide funds for this league nevermind the Championship... he will sell (I hope) soon.

Confucius and The Norton Cat like this.
  2. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

That’s more of an analogy and like you were told over the road, a poor one at that. You paying for her dress wont make her more valuable to you
    Because he said it wouldn’t make a difference to the window, so you are now saying he was lying. He can’t have it both ways

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  3. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

If you read his (the club) statement it states that the fans statement said "“No-one knows the long-term plan for the club, and trust between the fans and the boardroom has eroded”, it went on to demand: “If there is a realistic offer on the table, he (Stewart Donald, chairman) must admit the enormity of the task and cut his losses.”

Further down it states "the January transfer window, in which he was expecting to invest significantly." . which alludes to investment was planned.

The last paragraph states "We would also like to reassure those loyal fans that we are placing sufficient funds in the club to support the manager as he seeks to improve the first team in the next few weeks."

Or, as i read it in simple terms. " we were going to invest significantly but not anymore, now we will provide sufficient funds".

In a nutshell, it has made a difference and sadly we'll never know what that difference may have been.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  4. Confucius

that statement was weeks after his little cry on the radio station, but Parkinson has said he was in discussion before the RAWA thing and it hasn't changed. The problem is that SD says things and contradicts himself immediately. Like when he said none of the £10m had been spent, then two minutes later saying it had been invested into the scouting
    Parky says:

“The news broke about the supporters and obviously the chairman’s response. The concerning element of that is that I’ve been in dialogue with the owner for a while about what we need to do in January, and he’s been fully supportive.
    “The good news from my point of view is that he remains supportive in continuing to put those plans in place to try and improve the squad and help the existing players we’ve got.

5. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

We
    Well it's not like sd and cm don't have previous for making promises or raising expectations they cant keep.
    For that sort of person to get into a strop and say 'well we were going to do something special, but you upset us , so now we wont and what's more we wont tell what the special thing was', is hardly out of character.
    The bottom line is that taking over safc was only ever a vehicle for lining his venal little pockets, first last and always. He is and always has been, punching well above his weight and has been found out.
    This bleating about eroded trust and loss in confidence is pure and simple petulance from an archetypal narcissist.
    Just wish he would hurry up and get out of our club

6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

How come it's ok for Iwobi to be paid a fortune and him doing so is above reproach but if Donald wants to make money out of a football club he's "lining his venal little pockets"?

Both players and owners are responsible for the success of their club so I don't see why one is fine and the other isn't.

7. dred

dred Well-Known Member

I would have thought she is pregnant would have been more apt.

8. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I still don't think Donald did it for the money. He did it for the glory/excitement/chance to be involved in football.

9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I'm not sure either way but I don't blame him for trying to make some money from the deal.

10. The Norton Cat

I suppose it's a bit like buying a house. When you come to sell it, you want to make a bit of a profit on it because of all the hard work you've put it in maintaining it, decorating it, and changing the seats...

Robertson and Nacho like this.

11. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

Only you didn't get the Estate Agent to maintain, decorate and change the seats for you free of charge :emoticon-0102-bigsm

12. The Norton Cat

He got a burger, what's he complaining about?

13. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

And a pint of lager, don't forget the pint of lager.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  14. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I really find it funny that you and your fellow imbecile managed to troll the FPP thread, on RTG, into being locked by a Mod.

Sad weirdos like you are the reason so many decent people complain about the endless bickering ...

... I think you see it as a victory when a thread is derailed and locked, pathetic tbh.

Thankfully the Mods on here don't tolerate humourless cranks like you.

15. Dave_39

Dave_39 Well-Known Member

sooner Donald sells the better

16. Confucius

what a ****ing travesty for a message board that was. Have people lost the ability to debate? I made a comment on another thread and got the response "massive sigh" and another "**** offfff". Mind it also got 66 likes ;-) . The two responses gave me nothing to go and when I responded in kind and in the same vein, they didn't like it.
    Jesus can people not debate what is in front of them? I don't have to agree nor be happy about someone's viewpoint, but I have to accept they are allowed one. Well some people, others just need sectioning. Ive mellowed in my old age mind

17. Dave_39

the usual suspects have totally ruined that place

Confucius and Smug in Boots like this.
  18. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I've been told to expect a follow up article from Hetherington who seems to have an 'in' with someone close to the action.

I'm hoping for this weekend, nothing earth shattering but every little helps.

This is grindingly slow for us but normal practice for people with solicitors and advisers all desperate to prove their worth.

It's becoming like an elephant getting pregnant then giving birth ...

... an exciting splurt at the start, months of tiny movements then a massive rebirth at the end of it all <laugh>

19. Dave_39

as long as they get control of the club that is what matters the most

Smug in Boots likes this.
  20. Confucius

FPP have all been extremely quiet throughout all of this, or change "quiet" for "professional". Something from them would be nice, even if it is just a laughing emoji on twitter to SD's comments that they were only interested in investing in him. Perhaps they want to try their hand at car insurance