1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fixtures

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by monty987, Jun 13, 2019.

1. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Well with Newcastle being at home the 2nd weekend that means we will be at home on the 3rd august, unless SKY/BT change the date ! so who do we want ? Ipswich, Portsmouth hehe,

2. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20190611-211450_Gallery.jpg

3. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

A winning start will do Monty <cheers>

4. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I mean, the fact Sky have already named the Newcastle match as a live game makes your point a bit spazzy, but anyway....

We kick off a week later, when Newcastle are away, so we could be home or away. I want someone ****e so we can get a flyer.

FYI if anyone is a non-Sky customer and wants 57% off for 18 month inc sport, drop me a message <laugh>

Gil T Azell likes this.
  5. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

**** sake, I've just entered a new contract with my provider about 40 days or I'd have snapped ya hand off. I might have 1 or 2 customers for you, though, leave it with me.

Bolton first game of the season is what I'm looking for.

6. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I didn’t know I had them till yesterday mate.

Includes BT sport from August as well. About £40 I think, madness. I don’t normally deal with that side just had an email thought I’d get it out there haha.

Nowt in it for me like, but I’ve already sorted all my pals out.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  7. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

amazon are showing 20 matches next season, another frigging channel we have not got but pay a fortune to watch sport. Is SKY tv the best ? where are the BBC and ITV in all this, no, 16 days of tennis or the badminton horse trials if you please and the over 75's have to pay for this. I can imagine in the future we will be left with the world tiddleywinks championships from Barnsley or the european watching paint dry cup, from Scunthorpe hosted by a past it tv star.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  8. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Amazon only have a 2 days of games, they are streaming the entire fixture list in Boxing Day.

It’s for the FA to gauge if there’s a market for selling individual games, see if fans choose their own team over the big games.

If it’s a success, it will change the way we watch footy forever, and obviously Sky will buy the majority of the rights.

BBC and ITV can’t compete with Sky (owned by Universal Studios) and BT (worldwide supercompany). We ain’t ever getting regular terrestrial live Premier League.

Sky will always be the king of sports in the UK, but BT have some awesome content as well.

Sky has 4 times the games of BT premier league alone, plus all the other leagues.

9. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Monty whingeing... well I never, and as @Nads says it could change the way that we watch sport forever, which can only be a good thing.

If SAFC were streamed at the same time as Man C v Liverpool, I’d pay to watch SAFC every time.

Nads likes this.
  10. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Hows about an overseas free trial card, for a limited period say a year or so, please Mr Nads can you fix it for me........ps you will be on my xmas card list for coming through

Gil T Azell likes this.

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Such a thing doesn’t exist senorita haha.

Gil T Azell and Makemstine Roger like this.
  12. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

whot not even for a smooth talker like you, well ill be blowed,what happened to the Great British hospitality, Never in the Annals of human conflict has a fellow mackem did so little for so much groveling, So we will fight Sky on the beaches in the air blah blah blah you now how it goes.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  13. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

I’d happily watch tiddlywinks if it kept horse trials off. Especially the ones where they make the poor horse do that poncy dancing stuff

Gil T Azell likes this.
  14. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Is Sky's contract up in 2021? I heard Google wanted to get in on the act and were quite happy to bid well over the top just to get it all inc any BT as well

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  15. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Sky has until end of 2022 season, but nobody is allowed to buy them all, it’s split into ‘packs’ and max allowed is 148 games.

All that will happen if another broadcaster steps in is there’ll be more games shown, not less content on the big 2.

Makemstine Roger and Gil T Azell like this.
  16. Hettonista

Hettonista Well-Known Member

Nads, kind offer, very good of you. Does this work for existing customers, out of contract period, but still signed up, i.e me?! :cheesy:

farnboromackem likes this.
  17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Sadly no mate, which is ****e I know, as obv the vast majority of folk already have Sky.

I’ll have a look and see if there’s any existing stuff and let you know mate.

18. Hettonista

Thanks Nads, it's the way of it I know. I might have to call them again and say I'm not paying that and am prepared to be cut off. Seems to work if you say it like you mean it and depending on the day sometimes I do. Would probably have to wait till after the ashes to sound convincing though! Aye if you see owt that's great, if not worryingly I'll have to rely on my charm after the summer I think.

Thanks again, top man

19. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

The threatening to leave trick don’t work anymore mate, the best approach is to tell them you don’t want to lose it but it’s getting too high and have a proper convo and they will sort you out.

The broadband and mobile is where you save fortunes now, TV prices are pretty rigid.

20. Hettonista

Thanks mate, appreciate the advice. I'll have a think as to best approach and give them a buzz, don't mind paying but the prices can get a bit nuts