1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Favourite for the drop?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Bexinio, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Bexinio

Bexinio Well-Known Member

Sky have a bookie on now and during the usual less than 2 seconds time we get from any media he said we are many people's favourite for relegation this season. Especially with the 3 new promoted teams surely this is a bit pessimistic?

2. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Just saw that, be no money going on us thats why, too much of an unkown quantity

Edit : that ^ makes no ****ing sense at all

3. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

4. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I've gone palace hull and stoke, so the bookies can **** off! We're not going down! :cool:

5. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

It's the general concensus of most neutrals tbh. I live in Norfolk and every single person I talk to about footy down here reckons we'll go down with two of the promoted teams.

6. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

Utter ****e that. About as worried as, I don't know, something really not ****ing worried.

7. Red and White Mac

Red and White Mac Active Member

i think we will surprice a lot of people this season. i think pdc has the lads in the best condition they have probably ever ben in and we will get some late wins just through our fitness. you cant look past the newly promoted teams for relagation

8. talcnturnip

talcnturnip Well-Known Member

Not too concerned about this lads, think their reasoning is the 4th bottom thing i.e. not many teams finishing 4th bottom one season stay up the next.

9. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

where abouts in norfolk

10. Hairyhaggis

Hairyhaggis Well-Known Member

Bookies are always going to have us down as favourites. It makes perfect business sense! Give us odds of 50/1, people take those and we go down... bookies lose money - and bookies hate losing money. Give us odds on to go down, people don't take us as it's not worth it - we go down, bookies don't lose very much. We stay up, bookies collect. Win win for them really.

All I can say is, don't pay a single **** of attention to odds this year. We are the great unknown, people are pulling numbers out of thin air as, like us, they don't have a clue how we'll do.

11. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Agree, RaWM. I expect SAFC to comfortably finish mid table. No danger of relegation at all. The season after I expect us to push on for a top 6-8 position.

12. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

It wouldnt surprise me if we went down! It wouldnt surprise me if we finished 10th either! I'd imagine the bookies are thinking the same way!

13. Washysafc

Washysafc Well-Known Member

This is all good news let them think we are going down and watch them say that they always knew we would do well and they are not surprised that we are ten points clear at the top!

14. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Peoples views are understandable for these 3 reasons.

• The Media have depicted our manager as a volatile dictator who'll destabilize the dressing room from the inside.

• We finished 4th bottom last year.

• We appear to have replaced most of our squad like a 'QPR'

We're a less ignorant to our situation as we have a vested interest and whereas many would say we're just being bias, we're actually brutally honest and at times, with right, highly critical and sceptical of our club. At the start of the summer 95% of us were on the fence but as we've watched closely the developments at the club, we understand that if anybody actually took the time to take a closer look at what's happening then an Idiot could see good things are happening. I was going to list them but what's the point? We know the truth. And as we understand it's going to be a very tough season, WE KNOW the right things are happening at this club, even if the poor misguided 'part time know it alls' think they've got us sussed.

I think We'll do alright. But I think the coming seasons are going to get better and better <ok>

15. talcnturnip

talcnturnip Well-Known Member

Thing that gets me and this is not just because it is the nags not one pundit has said they could go down. They did jack all last season may lose a couple of their first team players and have not strengthened so far. Then we have the 3 promoted teams who after watching them play in the fizzy are not the best, Stoke could go either way with Hughes in charge, WBA have lost Lukaku and could struggle remember Birmingham a few years back took the league by storm one season relegated the next. Norwich have done well in the transfer market so like us bit of an unknown, Southampton could struggle as well. Fulham didn't exactly set the league alight last season either so there are at least 10 teams there (ourselves included) that could go.
    Suppose it's all somebody's opinion but, for me I reckon they are wrong and we will be fine, not spectacularly fine (top 8) but top 12 easily.

16. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Don't know why people batter on about whole new teams doing a QPR. Keegan brought a whole team in in the '90s and came within a few games of winning the EPL. Only the manager's refusal to change tactics for away games lost them the title so lets use this as a precedent..

17. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Good, let them think that. Hull and Palace arent anywhere near strong enough and Stoke will do a Charlton after Curbishley left. I also think West Ham and West Brom will struggle to repeat last years form. Then there is our friends up the road.

18. Moorsleymountainman

Moorsleymountainman Active Member

Everyone is going to stick up for their own but I'll tell you what. Norwich will be in the bottom 6 so I wouldn't have a clue why they think they know what we will do.

19. Obertan's Rancid Toe

Obertan's Rancid Toe Well-Known Member

Surely this news can't be that surprising.

From the outside looking in most fans will say you have lost your best player and replaced him with Arsenal's 3rd choice keeper, signed a player who scored 1 in 28 last time he played in the EPL, some bloke from the conference, a player who couldn't get games in Sweden along with a few very iffy free signings and Giaccherini who will all have question marks over their heads.

Add that to the fact you have made a QPR-esque transformation and have a manager with very limited experience and ofcourse the bookies are going to be wary.

20. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

We replaced Sess with Manonne? Missed that. I think they're right we will go down.

Comical in bold.