1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FA Cup Semis

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bristol Blue, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

I’m surprised no one has started a thread on our Cup game v Southampton. I’ve got the £65 category 2 tickets and have noticed there are still category 1 £80 tickets left at time of writing. I’m amazed that it’s still not sold out. I reckon it’ll be a great Cup game and am really looking forward to it. COYB.

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Possibly because you have another game before that?

3. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Lets call this a start !! You will no doubt have a great day out, I'll have a great day in watching on Sky Sport.
    Looks as if we will be without Alonso, who is being charged for his dodgy tackle last game. I think Conte will play it very safe as per normal and pick the usual suspects. If they are up for it, they should be too good for Southampton, but some of them should not be selected in my book. I am hoping we might see some creative changes in the Burnley game and look at a bigger selection of players for Southampton. Players like Rudiger, Bakayoko, Cullum Hudson Odoi, the new Italian left winger whose name I can never remember must play, hopefully Luiz. All need to play against Burnley. Bugger all difference between 5th and 6th in the PL now.
    Hazard, Cahill, Morata, Fabregas, Christensen, take a seat and watch someone else play with some passion and energy.
    Wishful thinking , as Conte will be at his pragmatic worst against Southampton ,which now really is his only MUST WIN game left.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  4. Bristol Blue

....the game is live on BT Sport not Sky Sports. :emoticon-0105-wink: I want to see the blue ribbons of Chelsea on the FA Cup - for what could be the 8th time.

Naas Blue likes this.
  5. Chelsea Pensioner

Whoops, too true.
    However here in Oz it's actually on Fox Sports, which is really Sky Sports with a different name. Either way, it's Murdoch owned with Man U and Liverpool obsessed commentators. Much rather be going to the match.

6. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

BT Sports is not Sky CP they are in direct competition with them.

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yet Fox is basically Sky, go figure :emoticon-0100-smile

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Yeah I get that Abu, here in Oz we have Fox Sports which is virtually identical to UK Sky sports. My problem is that after 25 years in London, by force of habit I keep saying Sky instead of Fox. Confuses everyone, including me !!!
    Nevertheless, I will watch it live !!!! Kicks off here at Midnight, have to stay off the Chateau Collapso until then.

9. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Collapso.....love it ! <laugh>

10. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Now then Judas reached final, I would lose in Semi than Final.

Tony has selected the right team to lose again even though against a League one type opponent. Tony out.

11. The Ginger Marks

Fecking Bell End.<ok>

12. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

On my way to a decent place to have a few beers after Wembley and the first post I read is soppy bollocks couldn't make it up if you tried . Anyway looking forward to the final against the mancs

13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Just got back after a cracking day out. COYB.

armchairblue and Bristol Blue like this.
  14. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

My " Google translate " button is on the blink but i'm guessing it's one of Stan's usual "utter bollocks" utterings !!!

15. Chelsea Pensioner

Like a broken record or a talking parrott.
    Pretty good win actually, we were on top most of the game . Hazard Willian and Giroud were very effective, defence mostly in control and midfield was OK especially Kante.
    United will be a sterner test, though I wouldn't be suprised if we turned up for them.

16. The Ginger Marks

Yes it was a controlled game although I’m not sure the about Bakayoko for Willian sub and Willian was well pissed off about it. But Conte had done his homework on Soton and they never really carried a lethal threat.

17. Bristol Blue

I had an ear full from my wife at the start of the game because the tickets we had were to the side of the goal and she - so say - couldn’t see what was happening at the other end of the pitch. I did try explaining to her that you pay for the category and you take pot luck as to where you’ll be at Wembley. Anyway, Geroud then Morata scored right in front of her - all of a sudden she was purring and exclaiming that they were the best tickets with the best view. <cool>

Great game, great atmosphere - even from the Southampton end that looked like they had 15,000 tickets unsold judging by the amount of empty seats in their end. Bring on Mourinho and his Mancs.

BobbyD and The Ginger Marks like this.
  18. The Ginger Marks

Surely you mean Judas?

19. Bristol Blue

If you’re writing of Mourinho, he’s more of a mercenary than a Judas. When Mourinho helped win us the Premiership in 2005 - on the club’s 100th anniversary - he was the Messiah not the Judas. When we lost to Southampton then Bournemouth at home in the Premiership - he had to go. Beating Arsenal 6-0 and the Spuds 4-0 in the same season during Mourihno’s second spell here was epic and I’ll never forget it.

20. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Maybe our names on it this season after letting ourselves down last year.Couldn't understand all the empty seats
    in the southampton area.How often do they play at wembley?<laugh>