1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FA Cup semi final

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Markthehorn, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

I thought the same and hoped he was there and gets a ticket to the final.

2. Scullion

My commiserations were too the Wolves team and most of their good supporters, not the idiots.

Deleted....... likes this.
  3. superhorns

superhorns Well-Known Member

I had a long chat with Emma Saunders and her fellow WFC announcer at the Green Man yesterday. What a delightful couple they were. She also does all the Wembley and England games. She is currently the only female announcer in the EPL. I missed their joint effort to gee up the Watford fans before the game, I hope it went well.

4. Scullion

I felt the officials were good yesterday and the use of VAR was a success, even if it is a bit nail biting at times eg the pen. No one can feel hard done by with any of the refs decisions.

5. superhorns

We had some good lighthearted banter with many Wolves fans on the crowded train to Wembley, obviously the scumbags were a small minority.

6. superhorns

He sits near me in the SEJ stand, I'm sure he is a season ticket holder so should get at least one ticket.

7. Slight tangent here but do
    Exactly - there was a hell of a lot of anger and tension in our section and I thought it was only a matter of time before punches were thrown.
    I don't know how they got tickets in our end - but this is what happens when tickets get in the hands of touts. If it was Ticketmaster then they should be hauled over the coals by the FA. If (and it's a gigantic if) any of our fans sold to touts then they need to be identified. No one likes to be out of pocket but sell to a mate, do what you do and ask on here or any other club forums or whatever - just not to touts.

8. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

£30 to park up at the stadium

9. Hornet-Fez

Jack Nicklaus could never chip like that...

10. Hornet-Fez

Outrageous! I'd read about this elsewhere.:emoticon-0121-angry

11. Hornet-Fez

They have far too many neathderthals in their ranks. Even when I've met them elsewhere - onetime in a hotel in Derby where they were going to Forest and we were at Leicester - they were still wholly unpleasant.

12. Hornet-Fez

That'll be because we're British....

13. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Tcket prices for FA Cup final last year were : £45, 65, 85 and 115.

Better get saving !!

I presume had the game involved someone like Millwall or Palace playing each other they would have not had fans in that Club Wembley section above the opposition fans as it might have turned nasty.

Thankfully it didn't and most of the Wolves fans seem to have taken defeat in good grace although some are annoyed at Deeney's dig about their 2nd scorer putting a mask on but we all know what Troy is like when asked a question!

14. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

15. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Appaling abuse of TD on Social media....
    [emoji53]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

16. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Allegedly because of his comments about the Mexican mask antics by the wolves number nine
    Had Deeney rushed behind the goal after the penalty to put on a pair of boxing short or boxing gloves because his best friend outside of football is Anthony Joshua he would have been ridiculed by the press
    Jimenez looked like a twat when he put on the mask and rightly ended up being one, getting exactly what he deserved, how he was man of the match only god and Hoddle know the answer to that

17. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Sadly not surprised - Twitter and other forms of social media are abused so easily because people can hide behind a screen faceless giving anyone abuse for whatever reason.

On one of the Wolves forums he is getting a stick (not racist thankfully) but still not very pleasant.

He just answered a question in the usual honest manner Troy does.

I am sure TD has great respect for the Wolves players generally and I noticed he went to console some after the game.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  18. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Where do I start? Only just now caught my breath after getting home late last night and work today. What a day. Started off at Boxpark which was excellent, great atmosphere but long wait for a pint. Seat was over the corner flag on the lower tier but didn’t sit down all match. I was like a cat on a hot tin roof, just couldn’t keep still. Thought we we poor for an hour or so but what a sub, goal and pen. Just unbelievable timing and went mental. Had the momentum going into ET and the rest is literally history. Been struggling to speak all day but have been thinking is that my best game ever? The competition is Bolton playoff and Leeds playoff. For the comeback, I think it may be the best ever. The ‘84 Cup Final is the only really big game I’ve missed in the last 37 years, was too naive with the ticket demand and missed out, so really I’ve waited 35 years for yesterday to put that ghost to rest. What a day. Thought we were gone but somehow did it. Is this the best ever season in the Club’s history?

yorkshirehornet and Scullion like this.
  19. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Congrats on yesterday lads. Great comeback in a great match for the neutrals. Probably not for you lot until it was full time

Loved Deeney’s interview. Spoke with honesty rather then just speaking the normal footballer cliches

Best of luck for the final. Hope you win it

20. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

If i remember rightly when Deeney was interviewed as soon as the match finished and did actually praise the Wolves team and fans which at the time i thought was a decent thing to do.

Mask thing has been blown out of proportion i reckon. He was given this by a WWE friend who asked him to wear it at Wembley. i don't really see that much of a difference to the silly dances and actions that players do to celebrate goals but personally i think it was a little cheesy and he should of just left it in the dugout and maybe wore it at the end of the match if we had won.

Obviously it annoyed Deeney at the time so he had a little dig in his interview. Fair enough.