1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Expectations

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by clingo, May 28, 2012.

1. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

more than that JH, i'd say a minimum of 2 wide players...

the fees being reported for keogh, £600k+ is quite high given that he's in the last year of his contract..

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Last season I had us down as 5th to 8th after a slow start. Didn't quite get the route we'd get there, but get there we did. I'm anticipating a reasonable start after a full pre-season.

A few more signings to add some depth and a bit more width and I can see a 2nd to 4th place finish. Two wide men (have I mentioned we need two wide men before, with or without expletives?) to add to Harris and a target man as a priority with a bit of cover in most positions will see us there or there abouts.

Another week or two before we see some new players, then a spate at the end of June.

As an aside, but still on topic, it's gone very quite from the upper echelons of the club. Is VT still trying to decide what to spend his Facebook windfall on? £84M could buy a couple of players.

3. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Hiya remote.
    As your last sentence, the quiet "upper enchelons" was part of the trigger behind this thread. I really don't know what to expect. Clearly most of us have a pretty clear picture of what we require on the field, but what we can expect from the club is something of a mystery.

4. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Evening Cling. Not sure if we should be taking the silence as a good thing or not. After TG's statement after his visit a week or so back it's gone deadly quiet. It may be that there is little change to their original plan, apart from the home shirt becomeing the away shirt (the proposed red one that is) and they and MM are just going about their original business.

Scenario 2 is, MM get us promoted next season or we're selling, here's your budget,

Scenario 3, MM, see what you can do while we're selling the club.

Loads of variations around that. Not sure they could find a buyer unless it was outright, the Guy / Hall / etc investors could make it more difficult for them to bail out, or it may force their hand into selling to VT cheaper. I can imagine them trying to conclude the Langstone deal as that would also make it easier for them to bail, a win-win.

It's a frustrating time, but all we can do is to let it run it's course. I just hope they've made positive noises to MM to keep him sweet. The last thing we need is a change of manager as well.

5. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Let's hope silence is golden.

This is probably my lack of understanding of the business world, but I still can't understand why anyone would buy into a debt riddled club with complex ownership issues if they were not in it for the long run.

Agree about the manager issue too. With all that is or maybe going on at Anfield and Villa Park, MM could certainly be part of the knock-on effect.

Uncertainty at this club has always been a default position, but we never get used to it.