1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Euro 2021 Thread

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by RogerisontheHunt, May 24, 2021.

1. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

it would be a ****ing miracle if that didn't happen :bandit:

2. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

yeah that is a definite downside .

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

At any other time that last 3 mins would've fcked me off. But then I paused for a moment and just thought about an England side getting to a final... after being so accustomed to going out in past semi-finals and I realised something momentous was happening... and then I thought yes, just keep the ball.

Nozzer and moreinjuredthanowen like this.
  4. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

First time most of us have seen England in a final so will be great. Be brilliant for country and the economy as well, everyone needs a boost so hopefully gives the country that.

Lucky we won with the pen and still a bit of a worry we didn’t create loads.

would like to see henderson come in for rice for the final but can’t see gareth changing that midfield for the last game. He’ll want to keep it tight but can see when henderson came on, the passing quality he has is head and shoulder over rice. Just moves the ball quicker and moves it forward over rice.

Bumps likes this.
  5. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Was so surprised by Denmark in that last 5 mins. I know they were down to 10, but they just let us have the ball and pass it around. Was no pressing, no closing down, would have thought adrenaline would have pushed them on but they made it so comfortable for England.

6. saintKlopp

Hendo has more of a presence, and pulls the strings more. I don't know if he's fully match-fit though, and I'd rather he saved himself for us.

THE FOOL likes this.
  7. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

I wish I could get excited, but I'm just not that arsed.

Two decent teams slogging it out, im not massively jingoistic at the best of times, and I'm afraid the dour defense first approach just doesn't enthral me.

I'm much more looking forward to watching the Italians on Sunday than England.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

Take Phillip's out for hendon. Not rice.

Rice will be far more needed v italy. Hes work without the ball is good. Totally ****e on it but that's not what southgate wants anyway.

Its unbelievable southgate has kept Phillip's in the side all through and dropped foden or.mount or saka or sancho and has insisted no matter what it's one of them and kane and sterling stay on for 120mins.

Bumps likes this.
  9. moreinjuredthanowen

It's all good. No risk. Danes were utterly shattered and had no options left

Passed it about cos they had nothing to get close to us left in the tank.

The question now is what italy team turns up sunday. The team that blew Belgium.apart or the team that couldnt get out v Spain. Imo a lot of that is down to the midfield of spain.

10. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

So what a bunch of diving ****s eh :bandit:

11. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Old Pickford short arms eh...? Least we were able to overcome it

12. THE FOOL

Spain midfield had them all over the park, ours will not.

Henderson for Phillips and as a suprise foden playing false 9 rather than kane lumbering about offering **** all.

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Spinazolla is a big loss and impacted on their game against Spain. So i'm not sure they can turn up like they did against Belgium.

Having said that, the individual players in that Italian side aren't brilliant but Mancini has them playing more than the sum of their parts with some quality football. So I think Mancini will have learnt a lesson from the game against Spain without Spinazolla and he'll sort that out for the final.

England on the other hand imo have played less than the sum of their parts. For large parts of the game, Denmark passed it around and through our midfield with too much ease. And up front we rely on individual brilliance rather than any well-crafted attack.

14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

We tried to pass Denmark in more advanced positions early in tonight and got found out before reverting to pushing backwards. No way we can do what Spain did to Italy

15. lfcpower

lfcpower Well-Known Member

An own goal and a penalty rebound to make the final ... so England <laugh><laugh><laugh>

I thought Denmark were good for half of the first half. After that they were doing everything they could to avoid participating in an actual football match. Solid tournament from them though.

These England players look individually skillfull and they can play as a team until they get in and around the box, at that point they don't take their chances, take too many touches, spin around and panic, which is somewhat worrying for the final especially since they didn't manage to score from open play tonight and had ample and clear opportunities to do that.

Nozzer and saintKlopp like this.
  16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Very much this. <ok> I said similar above.

lfcpower likes this.
  17. lfcpower

lfcpower Well-Known Member

Reading back now <ok>

18. THE FOOL

I dont expect us to do what Spain did. But offering no resistance to the midfield until its onto of the defence is a recipe for disaster.

Also moving forward we will need to be more nimble quick footed and exert rt some control.

Kane has contributed nothing so far this tournament, if he wasn't the great and the good, media darling that he us he'd have been ****ed off by now.

19. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

A lot of negativity on here. At the end of the day, we beat a decent team and after an overall even first half, where they did have a spell of being the better team, we dominated the game from about 60 minutes onwards. Yes we only scored an own goal and a penalty rebound, but both came from our pressure.

Italy will be favourites in the final, but having not seen us win a semi final of a major tournament ever, I'm going to enjoy the moment.

lfcpower and Zanjinho like this.
  20. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

That said, there's going to be some interest in Damsgaard after the tournament and I'm not sure why Denmark took him off.

lfcpower likes this.