1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dorus has signed for Wolves

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by alswan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

As one wise old ( Sheffield Wednesday ) owl said of De Vries a few seasons back " What's with that flapping bird in goal " on set pieces , says it all really & still makes me laugh !!

2. Dan_boi

Dan_boi Member

Makabu-Makalambay's contract is up at the end of the month too, if he goes too we'll really have to step up our efforts to get Greg.
    Or we could just see how Dai Cornell does in the Prem ;) - not a bad 'keeper actually.

Bye Dorus :(
    Thanks for your efforts!

3. MasterOfNone

MasterOfNone Active Member

Well he won't be getting near the Dutch squad when he's a bench-warmer for a bottom 6 club. But then again Rob Green was number one for England for a while so there is precedent.

Very disappointed and slightly insulted if Doey's numbers are correct. Cannot believe Wolves won't have a relegation clause in there. Let's now hope Rangel chooses to stay otherwise we need to have a great pre-season to mould all the new players we need to bring in.

4. Stid

Stid Active Member

5. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that DDv was originally acquired from Dumfermline to be reserve to Guerin who left shortly thereafter. He's done quite well for a L1 reserve.

6. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

I´m very glad we´re not stilly relying on "silly" Willy Gueret though!

7. Libertyswan

Libertyswan Well-Known Member

Well I'm disappointed that he felt that being 3rd in line at Wolves was better than first choice at Swansea, "going outside his comfort zone" is what he said on their official site.

We all know it is down to money and being 30 I suppose he felt that he had better make as much as he could which is fair enough I suppose but no doubt his agent will have arranged to take a decent cut from what he earns.

Would like to wish him well as he was a credit to the club but can't help but feel slightly let down that he listened to his agent and walked away when we'd just got in the prem.

8. MK Swans

MK Swans Member

Good luck warming the bench DDV...

Money grabbing B@stard, I don't even think he's arsed if he sits on the bench...

Lets use this opportunity to get someone in who can control his 6yd box

9. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Reading the official website and Jenkins comment of tried to contact his agent to sit down and agree terms, and that failed, speaks to me of someone leaving no matter what, I am not being critical here, but he wants a new challenge which is fair enough, but to go to a club as third choice keeper speaks of a money move and laziness, never will play for the Dutch now , hope he enjoys their relegation fight !

10. beppeswan

beppeswan Active Member

Why not nip to wolves and enquire about hennessy, could be one alternative

11. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Aber nobody has been hurt mate, but £20k a week is good money for a keeper, if he wanted truly wanted a challenge there is no bigger one than ours, wolves were lucky to stay up and it wil be the same next season, if you look at the teams that have come down recently no team is safe, looking at Liverpool start of last season they were on relegation form, west ham came down, Newcastle came down, no amount of experience saved them!

12. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

We are spending £3.5m on Graham , maybe £3m on this new polish keeper, and we have a season long loan on that kid from Chelsea (can't remember name) allegedly that senna guy, plus talk of a French player coming to us, plus whatever Brendan has up his sleeve.

Jenkins has said we will compete , obviously that means the top 6 are in a league of their own, but there is no reason why we can't survive, Blackpool almost did it on little investment.

13. DunvantJack

DunvantJack New Member

14. TrundleandTateswelshflag

Dorus has put money ahead of his career prospects. He's gone 2 sit on the bench 4 a few grand extra a week at a club who r no better than us. I've got a feeling that he's threw his dutch chances away and will follow all the ex jacks recently who've messed up their careers. Grass isn't always greener on other side as so many have found out! Let's hope we can tie up a deal for this polish boy now.

15. Millpond Swan

Millpond Swan Member

Strange that i thought Scott Sinclair was the play off hero,DDV made a couple of saves as he also got the ball out of the back of the net a couple of times.

16. HackerJack

HackerJack Member

Not sure about that. If there is one keeper in the PL who could be displaced by Dorus it would be Hennessey. McCarthy has shown in the past he has little real faith in the guy, I mean he dropped him for an ageing American who never really made it at the top level in 09/10 and it wasnt until well into 10/11 that he won his place back after some awful Hahnamann peformances.

I doubt he would have gone there without believing he had a chance to play.

Also we don't know yet how much news of us going out to spend £3m on a keeper influenced his decision, it might well be that he believes he wont be first choice for us anyway.

Good luck to him, we will move on and improve as we have done every time a big player has left us.

17. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Why are some on here surprised, He has been clear that he wants to move away ever since his contract fiasco with the chairman, the same as pratley at the time, if ever a lesson needs to be learnt it is the one over contracts, we have lost between £8 - £10 million over this. never mind its about time that we need to upgrade every position at the back anyway if we are to stand any chance of staying up and im sure Rodgers will start on those positions as we speak....good luck to dorus and pratley who we shall meet and battle with to stay in the premiership this season anyway..

18. nadddom

nadddom New Member

I'm certainly not suprised. He wanted away at the start of last season but nobody else wanted him. Yes he will be a loss to our style of play but certainly someone we can replace easily.

Did hear he was offered 15k and refused and then they offered 20k with a clause that if we go down he takes a pay cut.

19. MK Swans

MK Swans Member

I'm not sure whether I would say we have lost £8-10m over this. I would like to think that both DDV and Prats had a part in getting us to the £90m promised land.

Having said that I do feel that he has shown his true colour here for wanting more money!!

He will go and warm a bench for a few grand more. Disappointed but not surprised.

Money talks and players walk - simples

Also have to question Aber's logic that you have to spend big to make it... How's it work out for you guys mate (no disrespect like)

Also Hull went up threw loads of money at it came back down the following year and were nearly bankrupted!!

20. bongojack

bongojack Active Member

I agree with scotswan...a great reflex keeper with excellent distrabution, but a nightmare on set pieces i closed my eyes on corners and crosses,but he did earn us a good few points..but there are going to be a hell of a lot more crosses coming his way in the premiership wth a lot more accuracy and venom, so this move might suit us more..depending on his replacement