1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

DOES ANYONE ELSE GET THE SAME

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

You buy a AMG the suspension is a different specification completely,a lot firmer ,buy a standard suspension very comfortable.

At present i drive a Merc GLA four wheel drive with AMG trim, it sticks to the road like glue,but i can adjust my suspension hardness on this vehicle softer or harder.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've driven plenty of Mercs with standard supensions and they've driven like marshmallows that's why we went for the AMG set up - they can't get it right for me but then that's a personal thing.

Apart from the suspensions, what do you think of the respective power plants on offer from each manufacturer? From my perspective (and I don't own a garage <laugh>) the BMW deisel is way way superior in every respect to the Merc, and that applies to most of the petrol engines I've experience over the years.

3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

We were unable to return you to not606.com.

Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem.

What you can do:

Go to your home page

Try to return to not606.com

More information

When a website causes a failure or crash, Internet Explorer attempts to restore the site. It stops after two tries to avoid an endless loop.
    just happened again as I was about to post ....

Tom I have 3 active machines, 1 on chrome 2 on IE [ 1 uses Norton search pages ]

4. Red Robin

Move to edge much newer version than your on.

5. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

If you're searching with Norton I assume you're running Norton Protect anti-virus ware - that could be a problem with IE. I used Norton for a while but it's heavy on CP usage and is very bad at slowing down your PC/laptop. The delay it causes can simulate "time outs" on some sites.

I ditched it some time ago and just use BT Protect which is included with my Infinity broadband package. No problems since and just search with Bing or Yahoo if you don't fancy Google.

6. johngalleyfan2

On the cpu usage meter Norton is quite low, I think the point is being missed here it only happens on Not 606 for some reason, other main sites I use BBC SHARE PORFOLIO etc are all pretty much instant Wikipedia etc likewise,
    my current speed is over 110 and down over 6

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I think the point being missed here is actually by you.

Doesn't matter what download speed you've got, websites will only load as quickly as the targeted server, your browser, your secuity software, and your own LAN or wireless connection will allow.

No one else has got the problem with not606 whatever they're using - doesn't that tell you something?

Red Robin likes this.
  8. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

nahh not really, you will only get it all dirty chasing sheep around the place, you will have ruined it within a month.

Besides I couldn't fit it in the garage!

9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

That shouldn't be a problem for you - I'd have thought you'd have a spare barn.

Getting it dirty could be an issue for you though - pulling the plough with it instead of using the horse could be a real bummer. <ok>

10. johngalleyfan2

yes
    not many use IE OR CHROME, not many on here as long in the day as I am , (don't sit here all day ON 606 have loads to do hence 2 PC [ + laptop back up]. Also cataloguing books and mags, gardening making odd projects like led photo lights, or 1500 lumen cap lamps... starting on re doing bathroom .. analysing over 6000 photos [mountains, caves hydrology UK and Central Europe mountain chains etc ..] .. so the odd break is welcome like now .. cup of tea and something less stressful!

Oldsparkey likes this.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Good for you. <ok>

12. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Chrome is the most popular browser out there mate. It definitely sounds like some sort of anti-virus or something kicking in where it shouldn't be.

13. Red Robin

Chrome i use for business, and private,have to say quick and good,i like the fact when you are logged in everything comes up on any unit you are using in different locations.

14. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Used Chrome briefly but went back to my old favourite Firefox - it's so easy to use. Now it's even better with their new Quantum version - stunning browser.

The only thing I didn't like about Firefox was it didn't support Sky Player - I had to use IE <doh> for that!

15. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I’m wondering if JGF still uses a dial up modem as well.

16. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

He uses an abacus for some of his maths

17. Red Robin

The only problem I have my sky supply broadband is supplied over BT phone cable and the speed is so slow.The supply box is around 5 miles away.1.5 mb rubbish,
    They don’t think of us in remote areas<doh>

18. johngalleyfan2

be real, read the posts, 110 mbs on dial up!
    not to far out I do have a slide rule, and is sometimes as quick as messing with a calculator for odd bits....

19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

RR - download speeds that low in this country in this day and age are a bloody disgrace. The remoter areas have been sacrificed by Openreach in favour of rolling out fibre to the urban customers. Mind you JGF2 must have got a flat on top of the exchange to get 110 mps........<laugh>

I live about a mile from my local exchange with fibre brought to a roadside cabinet about 200 yards away from me. It's copper from the cabinet to my house and that keeps the speed down to about 35 mps and that's fine for my needs.

I use BT Infinity but one of my neighbours has a Sky broadband/phone package and it's bloody hopeless.

I know Openreach maintains the network for all broadband providers and they are resposible for the "mechanics" of the system, but there's a huge difference in the quality of service each provider offers as well. May not help you "out in the sticks" but it's worth exploring.

Red Robin likes this.
  20. johngalleyfan2

its mbs not mps ...mps is short hand for muppets ...:emoticon-0140-rofl:
    The standard speed over here for Bt and virgin is 50 mbs somewhere have a screen shot of mine pre upgrade if I can find it will post it ....
    as most will know fibre optic goes to a distribution centre, mine is 300 metres or so away and I am near the middle to end of the line. Also as most people know there is no fibre optic coming into your house, or in most cases along the supply ducting. It is a hard wired piggy back system. the EMC protection is on the quality cable +50% screen a coppery sheath, lower quality 30% screen and foil.