1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do not tell alwaysright...

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Jan 14, 2018.

1. brb

brb CR250

You know he bought a two season ST...

Well...

Cough...

£5 per ticket <laugh>

Ticket.jpg BUT...

grumpygit likes this.
  2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

So did I. <wah>

brb likes this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

ok, I'm going to be honest, I purposely took that pic to wind you lads up <laugh>

grumpygit likes this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

I just checked the online booking situation with these tickets, but it appears as per the advertisement you have to phone up or go into the booking office to purchase them.

5. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I know they did this just to wind up ST holders, trying to fiddle us out of a money saving deal.
    Well I've got the last laugh! I went into the ticket office after the game and got 4 tickets for £20.
    who's laughing now? erm, er, oh! <yikes>

brb likes this.
  6. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I wasn't going to complain !
    brb
    I was aware - but ( for once ) my friend next to me was much more vocal than me when we heard the announcement.
    I will give you his reaction verbatim ( you'll be able to guess some of the words ( nothing original )
    " What f******* use is that to STHs. I've already got my tickets for those games. They cost me a lot more than five f****** pounds - but Scally's already got my f****** money.

Of course, I share the above sentiments. Whilst I can understand that Mr.Scally is desperate to increase the attendances. The latest deal is a real kick in the teeth ( among many ), for STHs - who had the ' friends for a £5' vouchers removed from this years' books - and - as my friend rightly points out, are probably the last people who will benefit from tickets priced at £5 each (( as opposed to the £16.30 that EACH of my tickets cost me under the season ticket 'deal'. )) -- so under Scally's latest offer it is going to cost me £11.30 MORE for both the games, because I bought and paid for a season ticket - giving him, ( his lawyers, latest estranged wife etc ), my money 2 years in advance ......did I say I wasn't going to complain ?

brb likes this.
  7. alwaysright

you'll probably be able to sell them on ebay - latest bid --- 0 pence

brb likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

Shame they are not online, i wanted to choose my seats as well <whistle><laugh>

9. alwaysright

when we next go to a match together, I'm going to buy you a lot of beer - then you can spend the whole game in the toilet.<ale><ale><ale><ale><ale><ale><ale><ale><ale>

The Gills PegLeg and brb like this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

Just for a laugh, I might ask if they have any GRS tickets, as close to you as possible <laugh> Then i'm going to wear the biggest hat ever with a number five on the front of it :cheesy:

please log in to view this image

alwaysright likes this.

11. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Again season ticket holders lose out. Is there really any incentive to get one. But not sure what else Scally can do to get casual supporters to watch. With us getting our lowest attendence yesterday whilst on a good run and moving away from relagation. This really is a good deal so lets see if we can get the extra couple of thousand bodies to make it worth while.

alwaysright and brb like this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

Absolutely, it is a fantastic offer, not really understanding the idea behind it other than the points you have made. Dare i say it...i actually think it is too cheap!

I would be furious if i was still an STHolder. I felt £10 a ticket would have been a decent and reasonable offer, as in the past. Now you get to buy one get one free...sorry that's my humour still laughing.

However, I have never understood the point of an half empty stadium, i just maybe think that promotions need more foresight in their planning, unless Scally is desperate for additional club/player funds, sadly with todays wages and transfer fees it's not going to fill much of a gap.

Anyhow i'm not knocking it, brilliant offer. Thank you Mr Scally <whistle>

alwaysright likes this.
  13. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Agree £10 per adult would be better and child goes £1 or free

brb likes this.
  14. alwaysright

brb
    Have you thought about teaming up with grumpygit? You could take it in turn to act as carer for the other (( free entry )) - are you still laughing ?

brb likes this.
  15. brb

brb CR250

Imagine that...me and grumpygit holding a banner up from the Medway Stand stating 'We got our seats for £5' <laugh><laugh>

alwaysright likes this.
  16. alwaysright

<laugh>

brb likes this.
  17. brb

brb CR250

Rang the ticket office at 9am today, was politely asked to phone back at 10am when the tics would be on the system. Took several attempts over 5 minutes to get through at 10am, but quite a simple process. I asked where the tickets were allocated, the guy said ANYWHERE you want - ffs alwaysright is not going to be happy was the first thought that entered my head as the guy said it on the phone <laugh>

ANYWHERE! Sorry i will not say that word again <whistle>

So i asked for my old stomping ground when i was a STHolder...the days when i used to pay a discounted £16+ for a match day ticket, whereas these days as a non STHolder i get 2 games for £20 (£1 booking fee = £21) and i get another two tickets for FREE.

I think this story might be bouncing around for a while <party>

ANYWHERE <laugh><laugh><laugh> Oops ;)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    alwaysright and The Gills PegLeg like this.
  18. alwaysright

I HATE YOU

brb likes this.
  19. alwaysright

So - the extra £1 is now called a booking fee - not a fee to use a credit card ( which is now outlawed ) ---- looks as if they will get the money out of us one way or another.

20. brb

brb CR250

Covers postage i expect.