1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do not tell alwaysright...

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Jan 14, 2018.

1. brb

brb CR250

If i was being truthful, i think Scally has lost the plot selling tickets at this price. I personally would not be selling them for less than a tenner each. But hey ho, about time the club gave me something back after all these years. Bad promo on future ST's, and certainly would not entice me to buy one again.

alwaysright likes this.
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb
    STHs will note what's going on, and the way that STHs have been ' disadvantaged' by giving Scally money upfront - and I will be unsurprised if the number of STHs continue to fall - along with attendances - unless results and entertainment on the field improves.
    We have had some ( a decent amount ) of money from various transfers and ' add-ons' in the last few years - but buggar all spent on ' decent' players - hence our position in the divisions - we know that there is some 'reasonable' funds - we need to speculate to accumulate. . .... But it seems that the only way to get money out of Scally is to marry him or work in his kitchen.

brb likes this.
  3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"we need to speculate to accumulate"

That's the cry of virtually every football supporter from here to the ends of the Universe. I have spent this season reading the same comments on Argyle sites about funds being there because of this and that and it hasn't been spent on the players so asking where it has gone. I'm our owners biggest critic on not606 regarding him spending a penny of his own money because from where I sit he hasn't from day one. Truth is though that if you look at nearly every other team in this league, nobody but nobody spends anything. The only ones who do are the ones who have been taken over and have the sugar daddy type we all look enviously at. Wigan, Portsmouth, Blackburn and Fleetwood spring to mind. The first three because they are a bit bigger than the rest of us and the last one because they have an owner who is subsidising the club from his own pocket. Hardly anyone else pays a fee for a player ever. I cannot see it changing either when an average league one player gets a couple of grand a week to play and the crowds are generally around 6000 ish watching them. To "speculate" can cost an awful lot of pennies.

4. brb

brb CR250

Arrived in the post today...

Tickets.jpg

The Gills PegLeg likes this.
  5. alwaysright

I hope they haven't double-booked the seats ( like they did in the Medway Stand for the FA Cup game v Carlisle.)
    At least you won't need to book for a coach trip - on New Year's day, a few people were at one of the pick-up points to go to Charlton - but the office staff hadn't included them on the list (( AGAIN ))

brb likes this.
  6. alwaysright

brb ( and others ) - apology for raising the issue again -
    Was you charged a £1 "booking" fee ? -- as I have stated, THIS admin fee will now be used instead of the outlawed credit card fee - BUT -
    The booking fee can only be applied if it is made for all other forms of payment - SO -
    If you pay by cash, it should still apply !! - ( don't tell Scally or he'll get another £1 out of us )** ---if, however, no fee is applied to cash transactions, then, as I understand the new law, ANY "booking" fee for using a credit OR debit card is ILLEGAL, and should be challenged.
    ** Expert in extracting blood out of a stone.

brb likes this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

It's a valid point you raise. Companies can still charge a booking fee as long as it applies to other forms of payments. I assume as the payment of 'cash' is not possible over the phone and they have to cover the cost of postage as well has now the charges related for taking a CC payment, even though they can't charge us, it is a bit of a grey area. If it had happened at the ticket office in person, then yes, it would probably be illegal, as you stated they would have to apply it to all forms of payment.

8. brb

brb CR250

Obviously we need to keep in mind that the banks/merchants are still charging the retailers, so I guess retailers are going to have to build it into their costs. I think open banking came in on the same date, not pretending to fully understand this but maybe this could be a future way of retailers avoiding their charges. Problem is the retailers will have already built in the charges before open banking ever becomes the norm, so will they then offer customers future discounts via that method. I just feel these new EU directives could all start getting a bit messy and rather than help the customer through transparency could in fact cost more in the short term with only competition keeping it in check.

9. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

would assume booking fee is only if you pay by phone. If you pay at ticket office no fee ?

brb likes this.
  10. alwaysright

We covered this a couple of weeks ago (( 50 pencegate )) - no doubt brb & grumpygit will have a good laugh at you trying to wind me up.<grr>

brb likes this.

11. brb

brb CR250

I can't comment, my mate don't look happy <laugh><ok>

Ps. Whatever you do don't mention 50p hahahaha

alwaysright likes this.