1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Disillusioned

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Spanish Tiger, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Spanish Tiger

Spanish Tiger Member

There was approximately £50 to 70 m worth of "talent" representing City today and I honestly believe they would have been very hard pushed to beat the Play off winning team in 2008. Npo attacking thoughts at all far too much playing the ball back in the direction to our goal. Win the ball and couldnt keep it. absolute shambles.
    I cant see Brucie's reasoning for changing the back 3 , that were solid and we were actually playing attacking football and scoring goals now I just dont know what is happening no forward attacking thrteat absolutely no cohesion between the midfielders and the attackers no peripheral vision to see the runs out wide.

We really have to look at ourselves and start playing the way we can.

2. Mr. Coat

Mr. Coat Member

It's because Sagbo isn't playing.

3. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

Today was disappointing no doubt but I feel people are naïve to believe our outlay would guarantee some sort of sub top 10 outifit.

In recent years there have been far bigger and better teams relegated from this division with more expensive squads. For instance, who’d have said Fulham or Newcastle would have been relegated when they were?

As I said at the beginning of this season, I’d be happy with 17th this year and for my money, despite today’s dropped points, that is still well achievable.

4. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

Get a grip Spanish Poodle, for various reasons all our attacking midfielders were out of contention, Snodgrass, Diame, Ramirez and Ben Arfa, a tad Dissapointed but not disillusioned by gaining a valuable point and extending our unbeaten run against a hard working baggie team.

5. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

I don't think we will miss those two

6. Quill

Quill Bastard

Not sure what you expect for £50 to 70 metres... one of those isnt even currency

7. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

The starting 11 today cost less then £30m and £10m of that was one player.

I think some people need a reality check. It's only our second season back in the Premier League.

8. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

Sorry to spell out the bleedin' obvious, but good players lose confidence and play badly when teams are having a bad run!!

The trouble is Bruce has navigated this club so successfully since his arrival that it's turned some into spoilt brats that squeal and whine at the first blip.

****ing man up you pathetic poodle ****s.

9. Gawge

Gawge Well-Known Member

We have plenty of good players. More or less they all put in a solid effort and don't do anything particularly wrong.

The problem is the team. It doesn't work.

All this season it has been clear that the midfield doesn't work. Livermore and Huddlestone don't do enough. They are perfectly good at what they seem to be asked to do, but it isn't enough, they sit, are good positionally, and can pass a ball to the wing. And... that's it. That's our central midfield.

At one point today, Meyler made a break, and unfortunately gave a bad pass to Hernandez - but it was exciting - it felt like a special event. Meyler also put in a few hard tackles, and went for some 50/50 balls - they also felt like special events.

Midfielders should really be doing things like making runs forward, and challenging for balls SEVERAL TIMES EVERY GAME. Meyler would do that if he played centrally. He isn't a world beater, but he will give you that.

Also, maybe I am delusional (because nobody else seems particularly bothered), but I am desparate for Quinn to be in the middle - either behind the strikers or just a CM. All game, he is the only person who is constantly looking for the ball. Moving all over the pitch WANTING the ball and then passing it on. He could make the difference in an attacking sense. He could actually play threatening balls from a central position, rather than Huddlestone/Livermore passing it to the wings or occasionally shooting wide.

I just think we are so close.

10. Leon T Trout AFC

Leon T Trout AFC Well-Known Member

Exactly.

Nowt wrong with being disappointed with a performance but considering some of the reactions, you have to seriously question the savvy of some people.

There’s about 8 teams who don’t get relegated – the rest can and do.

11. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

L.O.Quent.

12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Our results have improved since we switched to four at the back.

Just saying.

13. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

And the back four will be better when the right back plays on the right not the left and we have a left back playing.

14. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Absolutely.

15. petersaxton

I think the problem is that Bruce doesn't rate Brady or Robertson as being good enough defensively.
    Rosie seems to have lost his confidence going forward. He played left back before and didn't seem to mind going on the outside of defenders.

16. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

it outrageous to think of a back 4 of

Rosie - Chester - Daws - Robertson

instead we have some Bryan Ferry remix

17. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

The problem with Rosenior at left back is he has to cut inside and cross with his right foot. Not only does it slow attacks down, but it's easier to defend inswinging crosses then outswinging crosses.

18. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

Sagbo is not in the same pedigree as some of the guys playing at the moment but I think we miss him dearly. We need strong grafter up front, to play alongside another striker. We have a few fannies up front in Abel, HBA and ramirez.

19. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I still think 442 is our best formation, with Rossy at right back and Robertson at left back. At the moment with Diame out, we should play a mid-field of Elmo/Hudd/Livermore/Brady with Hernandez and Jelly up front. This has more balance.

20. petersaxton

What about 3-4-1-2?

McGregor
    Three of: Rosie Dawson Chester Davies
    Elmo Huddlestone Livermore
    Brady
    Hernandez Jelly

We can always have an option of Robertson as LWB and take off Brady or Livermore
    or change to 4 at the back