1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Diogo Dalot

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, May 29, 2018.

1. KingEric07.

KingEric07. cape wearing twat

Good cheers mate. How’s you ?

Seems a bit quiet on here now. Anyone still posting apart from Math ?

I’d like to see those young lads given a chance, Smalling and Jones have had enough chances and gave only shown they’re not at the level that should be required for United.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Can't see Fosu's prospects at CB with Bailly and Lindelof coming in already as well, but who knows. We really should get rid of Jones and Rojo though. There really aren't many great English defenders around atm from the little I've see this past season.

3. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I reckon TFM has a decent chance to get in at CB, he did pretty well at Palace and I think Jones and Rojo will be on the way. None of Smalling, Bailly and Lindelof have proven themselves yet, so we could have four CBs competing to establish themselves next season.

Cameron BJ is likely the one who is finished now. Two underwhelming loan seasons means he's probably out the door with Dalot to replace him and Darmian.

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Is he 6ft 4 and does he fit in with Jose’s philosophy of playing the United way?

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

As a full-back? Yeh why not, just right for hacking down overrated clowns like Morata <ok>

6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

No need. Morata falls over all by himself!

So is Jose playing football the United way as you said he would?

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's a work in progress <whistle>

Tbf after his first season, he's earned the right to be given time and whilst I jest above with "work in progress", I actually do think he'll bring both success and attacking football. I've seen what he did at Real Madrid, and he's developing us in almost exactly the same way. Real Madrid as an attacking team were expansive and prolific in style in his last season compared to in his first. Just a shame he came up against Pep managing an exceptionally good rival team in Spain. Thankfully he doesn't have that problem here... <whistle>

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Really, in his last season at Real, Madrid finished 15 points behind Barca and scored 20 fewer goals than the previous season when they scored loads

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Is that overall or just the league? You are probably right, but then you could apply measuring it by goals scored to United this season? All I remember is the football was far more attacking with each season. I just can't be bothered to go back and look.

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Fair enough.

I can’t remember Real being more expansive in 12/13 than 11/12.

Wishful thinking?

Anyway, you may well play better football next season than the last. It couldn’t be any worse

Unless you perpetuate Jose season 3 theory @Stan

My theory is that football has moved on and Jose simply is not an effective as he used to be

11. Stan

Stan Stalker

What?

You’re rarely on here but you always tag me. Do you want an autograph or something?

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

He won 2 trophies last season. He's finished 2nd in the league this season to a remarkable City side, but still above the so-called "attacking, exciting, forward-thinking" managers in the prem. You have Real Madrid winning 3 out of the last 4 Champion Leagues so it's not as if anyone else is doing any better. So how you can claim football has moved on and Jose is simply not as effective, is beyond me tbh. Wishful thinking?

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think he just wants your attention.

14. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Mourinho in the 00s would not have been happy with finishing 6th, 20 odd points behind the leaders.

And 15 points behind City. After a mega spend too. Playing **** football

Would Fergie?

United fans seem to have recalibrated their expectations.

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He wasn't happy finishing 6th, he improved the following season enough to finish 2nd.

We'll have to see how next season pans out, for him to instantly win the league is a ridiculous expectation given the two manager before him.

As for spending money, care to tell me how much City spent and have also since? But you expect everyone to compete with that and have instant success?

16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Not everyone. Just United. Jose + big budget = league titles at Porto, Chelsea twice, Inter and Real.

Why not at United?

17. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Because while he has a big budget, Pep's is four times the size?

Or do you buy into this myth that Pep improves players? By buying two at 50 million each for every position in the squad!

Even since they won the league they have already bought three more at 50 mill+. For all the money we spent, they spend at least double. This is who we finished second too.

And you lot fifth!

18. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Didn't stop Chelsea in 2016/17.

You can't blame LVG and Moyes forever. Jose has had 2 windows to sort his team out and plenty of cash.

19. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Yet in that time has improved us from 6th to 2nd, while City STILL spent twice as much in the same period.

Not sure what bit of that you're failing to grasp.

It's a work I progress, not an instant result.

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Your original point was that "football had moved on and Jose was simply not effective anymore." Yet he won 2 (arguably 3) trophies in his first season, and we've finished 2nd to an exceptional City side. IF football has moved on and he's not effective, then what does that say for the managers of every team that finished below United, and won less than he has in the same 2 year period? Just saying <ok>