1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Derby appoint administrator

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by RedorDead, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Nige has got plenty that would love to play under him-finances are the issue-our time will come for him and us.
    Nige is very well respected in the football world-as said a manager we would never off got 5 years ago for one reason or another.

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

You've got a bit more belief than me RR given the opposition. Having said that they've lost their last 2.

3. Red Robin

Yep confident we always play better against a football side-Time to get the monkey of our backs.In Nige I trust.

4. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

1. I think too many players were in the comfort zone at AG for far too long, some have been moved on and some are having to work and commit 100% to get a start and if they fail to take their chance this season will be allowed to move on as well and that's how it should be, not waiting for certain players to put in a performance once every blue moon.

2. I suspect that players were queuing up but not within budget and quite rightly ignored, I am happy with the signings, especially Atkinson whom I consider will be better than Webster, also Tanner looks a talent and the huge improvement in Massengo now hopefully beginning to show why we paid so much for him. The targeting of particular players and not a scatter gun more in hope than expectation type approach has thankfully been ditched and a smaller squad giving fringe and young players hope to get into the team and hold on to the shirt because of performances, Pearson is no respecter of reputations as he has already proved, he is respecter of application whilst playing and that is how it should be as well.

3. I would gladly take a point because Fulham are an expensively assembled side but they are of course beatable having like us lost 2 games so far this season.

5. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Agree with all of this.

6. Red Robin

Very well put Jiffie :emoticon-0148-yes:

7. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Well it's about time the (old) dog wagged the tail, there has been far too much of the tail wagging the dog at our club and that is another reason it started to disintegrate 2 years ago, they are employees and need to be treated as such and reminded when necessary and if they don't like it or think they are worth more the piss off and play for a ****hole Turkish team.

Pearson is great at catching the useless local football journos out, he keeps his cards close to his chest, like with Tanner intimating he won't feature much if at all this season and then playing him in a difficult away game at QPR. He will make mistakes along the way and he will make substitutions that might not work, that's football. Another thing he doesn't do is throw individual players publicly under the bus like has happened over the past 5 seasons, but I suspect they get the hair dryer when needed again as it should be.

I know some on here were concerned about his treatment early this season with Kalas, there was a reason for that and it was affecting the dressing room now seems to be resolved and I believe that + the removal of the captaincy issue has seen the best form since he arrived.

The signing of Simpson and King especially has a lot to do with showing younger players and maybe few more senior players, the dedication the 2 of them apply in training, probably in itself worth a 1 year contract each and if Simpson can help improve Tanner or Vyner and King help Massengo and Scott then that is bonus, I am sure that both know their place in the grand scheme of things, because they are both old school they know the ropes and they know and trust Pearson.

8. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

There have been many times during the last 8-10 years when I have seriously wondered what the hell SL was doing with our club that made us a perennial no-show. Over-hyped players who didn't give a damn about our shirt along with questionable decisions at the top made me ask myself why the heck I continued supporting my boyhood club. Finally I think we are in a place from where we can improve, as long as we keep in touch with reality, under a manager who can attract the right kind of players to join our effort to confound the footballing pundits. Under today's conditions it is vital we steady the ship to brush off all the lingering doubts surrounding the pandemic that has devastated the financial aspects of the game and keep our powder dry for the rest of this season and in to the next.

9. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Spot on.

10. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Getting shot of Ashton has also been a breath of fresh air around BS3 while he screws up Ipswich Town.

I now hope the owner and his Chairman son will keep taking advice from those who actually know what they are talking about, and leave the playing side well alone.

11. Red Robin

NP been given full control with the football side -Sadly took SL long enough to get this quality in.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  12. bcfcredandwhite

13. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

It is hard not to feel sorry for the Derby fans, but hey when Derby were throwing around money they didn't have under Lampard 2 years ago, I pointed out to a Derby season ticket holder friend of mine after the Middlesborough chairman accused them of breaching FFP rules, there will be repercussions and she replied "Mel Martin is a shrewd business man" and her and others were lapping it up, be careful what you wish for is the mantra.

14. bcfcredandwhite

Absolutely true, but isn't that the same with ALL fans including ourselves? There are plenty of our own fans who have wanted SL to splash the cash - and also there normally is (was) an element of trust that the fans place in their club's owners.
    That Mel Martin (and others like them) should be held personally to account and face prosecution -just like any financial fraudster

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  15. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Of course, now her excuse is that the Middlesborough chairman was 'meddling' FFS, she has gone quiet since I reminded her that the 2 people responsible for Derby's current mess the owner and Lampard, were quick to make sure that Leeds got into trouble over spying at the Derby training ground, cheating is cheating and FFP infringements are cheating just as much as spying is cheating.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  16. Red Robin

What about the poor Wycombe fans - I would be livid or do they not matter as massive Derby can stamp all over little Wycombe.If I owned Wycombe you at least would take legal advise.

17. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Wycombe last season instead of Derby and Wigan the season before instead of Wednesday and all done to save the 2 big clubs from 2 relegations into the same league belter Barton's gas.

The real test will come if Derby or Reading reach the point that Bury did, how will the EFL react then?

18. bcfcredandwhite

Absolutely but that was the EFLs fault. The Derby crime was well known last season but the EFL failed to act. Deliberately or by sheer incompetence
    They are victims of a robbery without compensation

Red Robin likes this.
  19. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

How long has Mel Martin been in charge of Derby? Isn’t she an actress? Or do you mean Mel Morris?

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  20. bcfcredandwhite

F knows. It’s Mel M.
    Possibly a spice girl?