1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Derby appoint administrator

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by RedorDead, Sep 17, 2021.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Should have been relegated last season.

3. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Derby, Posh and Forest might keep City up.
    I have no sympathy for a club found to be cheating, Covid my arse.

4. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

an injustice to BURTON, DCFC must have known they were going to be in financial trouble, this way they "hide some practices ...WSC lose some points and go into a recovery mode …

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Why Burton?

6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Wycombe Wanderers should rightly be ticked off with this situation because it should have happened last season. To me it looks like the minnows got the short end of a very sticky and well greased pole.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  7. Red Robin

Wycombe should still be in the championship and Derby should have been relegated.

8. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Should be a mandatory 12 point deduction on top of the 9 already given to them.

Sorry for the fans but I have a friend who is a Derby season ticket holder and I warned her when Lampard was throwing around money that they didn't have and sanctioned by the owner Mel Martin, that the day of reckoning was coming, her reply was "Morris is a shrewd business man" yeah right.

Hopefully we only need 2 teams to be worse than us now, every cloud and all that.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sp...ounty-administration-points-deduction-5935106

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  9. realred1952

Indeed why Burton! a senior moment! for some reason amongst all the facts I store in the grey matter that one popped up … occasionally I CHECK on net this time failure … probably due to the 2 jabs effect...

RedorDead likes this.
  10. realred1952

uuuuuuuuuum interesting sticky would keep you in place and grease would allow a readily friction free travel ….. :emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0105-wink:

11. realred1952

this is a very serious case of perverted justice …
    could/should Derby be relegated now? WYCOMBE RETURNED TO CHAMPS! … 8 games to be replayed!!!! WOULD BE A VERY BUSY SEASON … I think had they come clean when 5 or 6 had been played it might have been... last year 1 team was 4/5 games behind with covid and caught up!
    Delay to 8 games possibly 10 or 11 before a decision ensured their survival.
    they need to have all the points deducted they are currently due no suspended points allowed tey misled out of 4 points due to delays then wanted 3 of 12 suspended sorry they should be deducted 16 points for all that's happened and then need to face the 15 point deduction should they not pay the terms of admin to peeps owed money …

E F L … put these words in a matching order EGG FACE LOADS ...

12. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Not going to happen unfortunately, I guess what they could do is treat Derby as if they were a league 1 team money wise and Wycombe as if a championship side, also ensure Derby get relegated this season.

if Derby do go bust then promote Wycombe to take their place next season along with the teams that win promotion.

13. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Yes - I was disappointed to read that Steve Cooper has taken over at Florest - they will probably escape now.
    Having said that; I no longer see us as relegation fodder - more like mid-table IMHO.

14. Red Robin

Changed your tune :emoticon-0136-giggl We have a proper manager that knows what he is doing running the show. Took SL long enough to get the right calibre in mind.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  15. bcfcredandwhite

I have indeed.
    I was seriously unimpressed with NP's start last season. He came with a fantastic pedigree and I expected more of an instant difference - after all, the ‘dreadful’ Lee Johnson still managed to keep us in touch with the playoffs right up to the last couple of games in the season - with his squad riddled with injuries playing ‘negative’ football, so yes, I expected more.
    I was also disappointed with our activity in the transfer market. Again, I expected more given Nigel’s pedigree and reputation.
    So, at the start of the season I really worried that we would be in a basement battle.

However, I’m pleased to say I’ve been impressed so far this season. The squad look as if they are playing for one another and I’m beginning to detect an ‘optimism’ in their game which hasn’t been present for the last couple of seasons.
    It’s still early days of course and it could go either way - a winning streak could see us up there with the leaders and equally a losing streak could drag us back into the mire, but the way the team is playing I can’t see us embarking on either. I think our ‘streaky’ days are behind us (I did quite enjoy the WINNING streaks though!!)
    I see us now as a ‘steady’ side - not brilliant but not as dreadful as Sparkey says either. We will quietly plod on and grind out enough results to end mid table.

Red Robin likes this.
  16. Red Robin

Good Man -glad you can see improvement :emoticon-0148-yes: just need to see RODs views as when i was shouting for Pearson he did not rate him:emoticon-0136-giggl

17. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I just think it took Nige a few months to detect and mull over who really wanted to be playing for the club and who didn't give a toss.
    Those who didn't match the managers ambition have been moved elsewhere and I genuinely think we're all the better for it. Yes it would have been nice to see a striker of proven quality arrive, but I'm fairly satisfied overall.
    Now if we could just win a home game...…………….

Red Robin likes this.
  18. Red Robin

Saturday the win will come <party>

19. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

1. Pep would have struggled to motivate some of the squad that Pearson took over.

2. Transfer activity was determined by reality and by finances, we don't want to be the next Derby, the order of the day is stability and trying to find the magic ingredient of consistency, something missing since our last promotion.

3. Still being killed at home especially by individual schoolboy errors.

20. bcfcredandwhite

1. If footballers are not motivated by their obscene salaries and trying to impress their new manager then maybe they should try a different career.

2. absolutely agree about FFP. I didn’t mean that we should be throwing big money around - I thought that players would be queuing up to play for Nige - some even willing to take a pay cut to do so.

3. Can’t argue with this, but I can’t blame Nigel entirely - as per another thread we have been poor at home now under 3 very different managers.
    I just hope RR is right with his confident prediction - beating Fulham would be a great way to break our duck.