1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Derby and FFP.

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangers Til I Die, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Watching a quiz show. Question was which team's kit has blue and white hoops? READING!!
    Should we write in to complain?

2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

This doesn't look too good for them, highest wage to income ratio in the division. Ours is looking much healthier now...

ELLERS likes this.
  3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Yeah one of their fans on Twitter was saying money out is 3times what goes in. Not sustainable if correct.

4. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

There was a really interesting post a few years ago on this, someone (I think a Reading fan) did a lot of research and I think the conclusion was that Reading were first to wear hoops but that we had sported them for longer, Reading having had longer hoopless periods. Something like that anyway. Essentially both clubs could make a decent case.

5. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I see that Derby, Sheff Wed and Brentford have taken advantage of the Government's relaxation of filing accounts rules due to COVID 19 to delay filing their accounts for 2019...…..No surprise about Derby or Weds as they will try anything to avoid FFP sanctions......

Wages to Income are ridiculous in most cases, we come out of that comparison very well...….

ELLERS likes this.
  6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I remember that post. I wasn’t sure in was 100 % correct because he said we first wore hoops in xxxx year and I have a b&w picture of a QPR team wearing hoops before the date he stated. The rest of it was pretty much spot on.
    Back then they were limited with the type of kits and many teams played in stripes/hoops or plain tops. TBH it wouldn't surprise me if there were other teams wearing hoops back in the old times? Reading only reintroduced the hoops in recent times. What is important though is that we are known for them and not Reading. You ask any football fans who wear hoops and they will say QPR/Celtic.

They were never known as R’s or Rz, they were known as the 'biscuit men’. They seemed to have emulated us in many ways. That is where my dislike of Reading comes from. Nothing to do with rivalry (which they are trying to create) but the fact that they seem to be copying everything about us... Kit/Chants... Even a road "Hoops way"!
    They don't really have much of history apart from one player that nobody saw play? It seems they have popped up overnight and are pretending to be something they are not. They remind me of MK dons, complete with new plastic fans to seating in a plastic ground.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to see them get points deducted or go bust, however, if they have broken the rules then they must get the same punishment as us otherwise the FL has some answering to do.

Rangers Til I Die likes this.
  7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree, I think back to when I was moaning about us not spending. Glad they did what they did.

8. Rangers Til I Die

I do recall that thread. He was a tad smug with his research. At present, they do NOT wear hoops (the lines are broken at the back) and their nickname is The Royals. We wear Hoops and our nickname is The Hoops. Go figure!

kiwiqpr likes this.
  9. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Really? Blimey, that's a first. The writer must be a Reading fan.

10. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

My local team, Greenock Morton, have been wearing blue and white hoops since 1874.

There's a few others in the Scottish League who wear hoops too -

Queens Park - Black and White
    Hamilton - Red and White
    Alloa - Black and Amber
    Celtic - Green and White

11. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Bump

Not that it's been mentioned on beeb website but apparently the EFL hearing of the Sheffield Wednesday case started today......case about over valuation of ground, back dating sale to previous financial year, purchasing company set up after date of sale.......dodgy sponsorship deals with companies that were not trading and had no assets.....

Quite Possibly Raving likes this.
  12. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

I'm sure the authorities will let them all off using COVID as an excuse. Just our luck to work hard to get our house in order only for every other club to now get away with it. Will be delighted to be wrong of course.

Rangers Til I Die likes this.
  13. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Think that could lead to a few court cases as this relates to accounts ending June 18.....

14. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

An obvious excuse from April, but not before. A lot of clubs are going to get spanked!

15. Rangers Til I Die

I hope so but only because we did.
    I'm sure Amit and Co are watching very carefully indeed.

16. Rangers Til I Die

They will use every which way to wiggle out, just as we did. One can only hope the outcome is the same!

17. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I bet they get something like a 6pt deduction and it will be this season...so meaningless.
    Same with Derby

18. Rangers Til I Die

I think our owners will not take that lying down.
    Alternatively, I suppose, they will feel they've wasted enough money fighting FFP on behalf of QPR.

19. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

So Man City get away with their FFP breach - no surprise there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53390886

However, just heard from a good source at the club. We are speaking to the solicitors and barristers about a counter claim for FFP, and the fine that was imposed on the club on the back of the Man City decision. A stumbling block could be the costs, and have we got enough money to mount a claim. Interesting times ahead

Rangers Til I Die and kiwiqpr like this.
  20. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

A bigger stumbling block could be that they settled. Tony's big man talk is not the same as oil billionaires power to buy their way out of trouble. My money is on the EFL using this decision to back off from punishing anyone else but existing sanctions dished out will. There is a greater chance of Loftus Road being sold for development to bail out his rapidly dwindling financial empire than there is of of us getting any recompense.

QPR Oslo likes this.