1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours David luiz gone

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BobbyD, Aug 7, 2019.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Bit of a bittersweet thing luiz going.

Because hes got stupid hair and drops so very bad clangers he gets unfairly maligned in the press when hes actually a pretty decent defender and an even better passer.

Hes much better defensively than when he first joined although still prone to diving in but hes also a really good leader.

20m seems good for someone who could have moved for free this summer (he only signed a new contract) and i really shudder to think what christensen and zouma will be like (not necessarily bad defenders but both arent leaders im my book). Think arsenal will do okay with him.

Also achieved a lot with us, one cl, 2 europys, a pl and 2 fa cups.

Good luck david, thanks for the good times

Naas Blue likes this.
  2. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Wow. Not so sure about this. Can only think Frank told him he wasn't an automatic for 1 of the 2 centre- half spots and he has thrown a major wobbly. I would have thought he was a cert to start with a.n. other...for his experience if nothing else. Looks like Frank is going all in on younger players. Like you've said Bobby it's hard to see Zouma, Timori, or Christensen being animated organisers. Strap in people, this season could be a real "white knuckle" ride !!!

3. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Bit hard to understand this one,can only think he's pissed off Frank somehow.

4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Im thinking he wanta a guaranteed place and frank obviously doesnt want to do that.

It will be similar to when we sold cech as hes been a great servant with only a year or 2 left at the level we want.

Zouma, christensen rudiger and tamori are the future but im worried that rudigers the only leader of that lot and is injured until god knows when.

5. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

It’ll be Rudiger and Christensen when they’re both fit. The only issue is Christensen can’t seem to finish a game and I don’t know how far Rudiger is from being fully fit. I’m not keen at all on Zouma but neither was I on Luiz who I think, positionally is one of the worst centre backs I’ve watched. Makes up for it with a good pass every now and then though. Tomori fourth choice then but I think it’s a season too early. Not great options but will have to cope with them this season. I expect we’ll spend big on a centre half next summer.

6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yup i agree. At least this year we can genuinely say they got a chance and if they mess it up then it justifies as spending big

7. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Wow 8m only for luiz. We are practically giving him away. Im not happy with that fee

8. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

There's always Dave as a possible if needed........8m bit of a joke.

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Not sure how I feel about this.
    Rudiger is our best CB, Christensen and Zouma are decent, but none of them have any real leadership ability, Luiz was the only voice in the back half of the pitch.
    He is getting old, and has lost half a yard of pace and he still makes clangers, but I personally would have kept him for one more season, especially if you are going to let him go for £8m!!! Ridiculous price!

Still, dont think its the worst piece of news though.

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Agree we lack leaders

Shame Rudi injured he could step up

11. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Serious lack of cover at the back and coupled with the transfer ban we should have held on to Luiz for another season; as for the £8M.....why didn’t we go the whole hog and chuck a couple of cheeseburgers in with it?

12. The Ginger Marks

Maybe Frank knows what a baby he is from his playing days and knows the sways?

13. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I’m not overly upset by this news. Would rather he didn’t go to a rival (!) and maybe a bit cheaper than he should be going for.
    He frees up space for the youth and gives new opportunities.

14. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I reckon Frank holds him responsible for the Conte situation, he's talked to the backroom staff and decided he's better off getting rid, as if it don't start well for him Luiz will be on his case. Smart move by Mr Lampard, the manager should manage, seems as tough for once the hierarchy agree.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  15. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I’m surprised and think his passing will be really missed. Pressure on now for the youngsters to show up. Christensen needs a big season, thought he was very ordinary recently. Still, if Luiz spat the dummy, then Frank needed a **** stirrer like a hole in the head. Team togetherness is going to be a big part of our season. I always thought we needed to make big changes and rebuild, but didn’t see this coming. So much to watch, I suspect my video replay will get a hammering.

Naas Blue likes this.
  16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Luiz still had something to offer on the pitch.
    So this decision obviously stems from something else, either Frank thought Luiz would be toxic for the squad, or Luiz wanted more playtime than Frank was willing to offer. But even still, I cannot see the club letting Luiz go for such cheap, when we are on a transfer ban and cannot sign replacements, unless they wanted him to go.

So my money is on the toxic thing, like Abu said, I think Frank blames him for the Conte situation.

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Guess it will come out in the wash but i heard he was 4th choice (final preseason was zouma and christensen) and rudi is our first choice.

I imagine he may have kicked off but more lamps probably thought he didnt want the aggro especially since tomori played under frank and did well presumably (derbys player of the year i saw someone post) so just got rid.

Especially since we must be on our final chances with giving zouma and christensen proper chances before they phone it in and go to other clubs.

I'm bricking it this season though i have a bad feeling about us

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Am not sure what to feel at the moment.
    I was kinda excited up until yesterday, not because we lost Luiz, I think we have the personnel to deal with that and more.
    Its more that our rivals have made some astute signings, particularly Arsenal. Spurs and United.

If Spurs had got Dybala that would have been terrible. But they will still be up there
    Arsenal have made some decent signings and could displace us in the top 4.
    United, they made a couple of decent signings but ultimately, they still have a **** manager and Paul Pogba, so I think we can see them off still.

19. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I actually don’t think we’ll finish in the top 6. A lack of a 20 goal a season striker will cost us, don’t think our wide players are good enough and we’re bit short on experience in defence too.

20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

We havent had a 20 goal a season striker since Diego Costa left 2 years ago, and we have finished in top 6 twice.
    As for our wide players, Pedro is good, and Pulisic, we havent seen anywhere near enough of him to judge.