1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

David De Gea

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by daffy_matth10, Mar 27, 2012.

1. daffy_matth10

daffy_matth10 New Member

I'm glad he's doing well with us because i'm a massive fan of his, i was one of those to back him when he was having his ''bad'' spell, of course it was going to take a while to settle in the premier league, i remember during his '' bad'' spell'' he was world class for us like against Arsenal he saved a penalty and made some good saves, against Chelsea he made some good saves the 1 game that sticks out for me will be the Chelsea one where he amde that world-class save from Juan Mata's free kick that was the turning point in his career with us and ever since that game he hasn't looked back. He got his 3rd clean sheet in a row last night against Fulham and there was one moment that stuck out for me when there was a cross coming in from Fulham's right and he dived to get the ball and he caught it if that was during his ''bad'' spell he would've dropped it and people would've wrote him off. Gary Neville made an intresting point before kick-off last night he said if we win the league this season the last 6 months would've been a learning curve for him, i agree, we are starting to see why we signed him and i would love it if we won the league so that David De Gea can give a big f u to his critics that wrote him off so early during the season.

Have you been impressed with him ?

2. KingEric07.

KingEric07. cape wearing twat

I can remember you backing him at the time actually Matth.

He has improved no end since the begining of the season. Hopefully he will continue to move in the right direction.

I also don't think he has been given the praise he has deserved over the last few months as he has undoubtedly in my mind saved us a fair few points with some outstanding saves.

3. daffy_matth10

daffy_matth10 New Member

Agreed, he saved us points against Liverpool, Norwich, Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea.

And yeah i did, i'm glad i've been proven right.

4. Psycho2k

Psycho2k Active Member

I have always backed De Gea to come good, I seen a lot of his games when he was at Atletico and he had a lot of fantastic performances. The problem was always going to be that he was a young lad coming from a league where keepers get a free kick whenever a striker so much as brushes up against them, try watching some of the other keepers in that league and you will see the De Gea isn't actually all that bad with crosses, even Casillas makes a lot of terrible punch attempts with high balls.

Basically De Gea is still very young, especially for a keeper, but the longer he is in England the more he will learn to deal with the English style of game, as he has shown lately with some much more assured performances.

5. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

I have been very impressed with him of late. He was harshly judged by our rivals and media at the beginning of the season. He has finally begin to shove that criticism down their throats.

6. daffy_matth10

daffy_matth10 New Member

Exactly, he's underrated in my opinion.

7. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

He needs to get a fu.king shave, the messy twat <ok>

8. daffy_matth10

daffy_matth10 New Member

he will if we win the league, and he's not a messy Tw@t

9. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Apologies. Scruffy twat

10. daffy_matth10

daffy_matth10 New Member

like your p!sshead of a striker Andy Carroll.

11. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

A lot of United fans were slamming De Gea when he made a few howlers early on in the season. Am glad that he is starting to become an affective goalkeeper for us and hope he continues improving and becomes a world class goalie.

12. daffy_matth10

daffy_matth10 New Member

I was one of those to back him, and so far he's proving me right.

13. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

I did as well.

14. daffy_matth10

daffy_matth10 New Member

Agreed, to be fair he did very well with high balls against norwich, he's improved that aspect of his game.

15. paparevolution

The way I see it any player coming into a team needs time to settle, to get to know his team, to impose his authourity etc
    De Gea is no different. Only issue being that a goalkeeper cannot get away with things the way an outfield player can

De Gea seems to have gotten to grips with how he wants his team mates to behave around him, other isssues like being boxed in at corners have been resolved
    his defence give him more protection and its this 'comfort' of knowing his team is now reaping him rewards

16. daffy_matth10

daffy_matth10 New Member

Nothing too serious, should be available for monday's game.

17. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

please log in to view this image

Starting to show real class and confidence. Lets hope he continues to improve.

18. daffy_matth10

daffy_matth10 New Member

Quality pictures.

19. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That last save was quality - plucked it out of the air and held it. Very VDS esque <ok>

20. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

<ok> For me the best save is the last. Caught the ball at full stretch and never pushed it away for a corner. Sign of a keeper with great confidence. Could have easily pushed it out for a corner or even back into play causing more problems. The more he grows in confidence the more confident I believe our back four will get knowing De Gea is likely to pull them out if they screw up.