1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Danny Rose rumours

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, May 18, 2013.

1. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

hes just scored a belter! certainly wont get im now!

2. 13thtop

13thtop Active Member

Playing again tonight, not sublime as a defender to be fair, but good going forward and he has just scored a worldy, spurs 0:5 up away phewwww

3. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Cracking goal

4. talcnturnip

talcnturnip Well-Known Member

Aye another one gets away from us never mind hopefully we had a back up plan.

5. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

I don`t think there`s a shortage of backup plans tbh.
    The signings up to now would suggest there are plenty of look-outs posted.

6. C19RK73

still wouldnt rule it out like but could imagine its just took a dip

7. talcnturnip

talcnturnip Well-Known Member

Agreed mate reckon the LB lookout has been asleep on stag though.

8. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

It has been strange how some see a loan period of a player seems to muddle brains into thinking the reasons why it was a loan in the first place, it was always to give rose game time to improve him as a spurs player for this season im sure, double edged sword wasnt it , his best season since turning pro was on loan , if he was ordinary during this period ,spurs would probably want to sell but we wouldnt want to buy him because of this,but spin the coin he was very good and hey ho ,spurs want to keep and we cannot buy.

gone but always will be lamented i think, if spurs do decide to sell at the end of this window i think it will be huge mistake on their behalf

9. Mackeminexile

Mackeminexile Active Member

That's a canny shout to be fair. A lot of what I have seen about Rose this summer has reminded me of Jonny Evans, he came on loan to us for a season and had a cracking year in central defence, all the following summer the chat was about how much Evans loved it here and how we just had to sign him etc... etc... Never happened of course. When Wellbeck came most knew he'd be going back never to return (and had learned from the Evans loan) so there wasn't so much of a fuss but with Rose we seem to have gone back to thinking that a young player on loan who performed well and enjoyed it here means we are in pole position to then sign him.

Would love to see him sign but I've never thought we had much (if any) chance of it happening

10. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lets move on guy's, he isn't coming.

Can we put DR strings on hold now until the next window?

11. MackemNomad

MackemNomad Member

My mate is a mad Spud and says no way is he leaving. Now, we all know this means nothing, but he genuinely thinks he's gonna be first team

12. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

Hmph. Gonna miss Rose. Maybe we'll go back in next year if Spurs sign a new lb

13. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

He could still request a transfer if they bring a LB in. Don't think we're willing to part with the cash though. :(

14. C19RK73

Danny Rose topped off a week to remember with a superb curling effort for Spurs last night in a comprehensive victory in their Europa League play-off first leg tie against Georgian side Dinamo Tbilisi.

Before this the talented 23-year-old defender impressed in the North London's side victory over Crystal Palace on the opening weekend of the season.

Rose deserves his opportunity more than anyone to cement a regular first-team spot, after an outstanding loan spell at Sunderland last season, with the Black Cats thwarted in their attempts to sign the left-back on a permanent basis this summer.

Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas made it clear that Rose was in his first-team plans this season, and the latter has repaid his manager's faith in him so far this season. And there is no reason why Rose can't continue his rich vein of form.

Ever since notching his first Premier goal on his debut in April 2010 against arch-rivals Arsenal, there has been a sense of expectation and excitement surrounding the former Leeds United academy product.

Now is the time for Rose to make the left-back spot his own at White Hart Lane and if he does there is no reason why he can't stake a claim to be in Roy Hodgson's 23-man squad to travel to Brazil next summer.

He has gained the necessary experience and regular football at loan spells at the likes of Watford and Bristol City, and more recently with Sunderland.

Now is the time for Rose to deliver, and show to everyone in the Premier League that he is good enough to play for a top side like Tottenham.

Whether he can keep up his impressive form remains to be seen, but I for one hope he does. The more young talent that is able to come through is not only good for the Premier League but also for the England national team.

With talented young players like Danny Welbeck, Wilfried Zaha and Ross Barkley in addition to Rose, England could be strong challengers in a couple of years time at the European Championships in France.

After all it's about time England did win something, it's been quite a while hasn't it?

15. password invalid

password invalid Well-Known Member

you was doing ok until the bit about england ,not in a million years will they win a major cup

16. C19RK73

"You find a lot about yourself when you have got competition in the squad so I will welcome any new faces," Rose said.

"It won't change how I train every day and how I play if given the chance.

"It will be interesting if Tottenham do bring in another left-back. Then I will just have to assess that when it happens, but I welcome any new players."

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/a...ompetitions-from-spurs-target-fabio-coentrao/