1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by astro, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

carers don't get moved up the schedule as far as i can see .

2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

They do if they’re caring for someone in the extremely vulnerable / disabled category, but it seems you have to prompt to get it actioned if you’re unpaid.

Zanjinho likes this.
  3. Solid_Air 2

ah just seen that if i had claimed carers allowance i could move up a cohort . So if i had been a money grabber i could have had the jab earlier ffs.

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Not what I was referring to mate. You can still get moved into group 6 if you’re an unpaid or unofficial carer. You just need to make them aware. My Mrs is having hers on Thursday due to this.

Zanjinho and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  5. Solid_Air 2

they already know as i have to take her to every appointment and ensure they understand each other as her speech is so bad .

6. moreinjuredthanowen

They know is not the same as you telling them to bump you up the list formally mate.

As tobes has said you seem to have to explicitly say what you want

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Yeah on a personal level, but that doesn’t mean it’s made it onto the system mate. Trust me.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  8. Solid_Air 2

i'm not so bothered about me as her as everything i know tells me that her speech and language difficulties are a bigger risk if she gets Covid than either of our physical impairments .

9. Solid_Air 2

well considering i spoke to one of the GP partners recently about a new supplier of my prescription and they happily sent them a a new script but looks like they failed to note the system that future requests would come from the suppler and have rejected the newest script i think you may have a point .
    I'll hopefully find out tomorrow on my stuff .

Tobes likes this.
  10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Our surgery is ****ing useless mate. Fortunately they rarely get to deal with me, as my better half is far more diplomatic if equally forthright. I have 4 names and their system plus their complete incompetence can’t handle that fact. So literally every time she goes to collect my scripts they’re filed under my 3rd name and not my surname, so they can’t find them......so she says look under this name, and lo and behold they ‘find’ them. I wouldn’t mind so much if we lived in a metropolis, but it’s a village surgery lol. They’ve pissed us about on a number of issues in recent times, not the Dr’s in fairness just the ‘computer says no’ staff. My poor exacerbated Mrs named dropped the head of our CCG and NHS hospital trust recently, as she has regular dealings with both, amazing the impact that has had tbh....

Solid_Air 2 likes this.

11. Solid_Air 2

my experience is almost the opposite as at my very small practice the non medical staff are normally really good my problem is normally with the GP's , not from a medical view as such ,but because they seemingly cannot understand their own systems .

12. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

You said your wife is over 60 so she can book a vaccination appointment online now. She doesn't need to wait for a letter from the NHS. You may have to travel but it shouldn't be too far. Be worth it to get it done.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  13. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

If you're a non professional carer ( care for family member) you should be listed as that with the doctors.
    My doctors have me down as my wife's carer and sure all surgeries do it?
    Also make sure your also registered with the carers trust,they can be very helpful.

14. Solid_Air 2

i am but have never really mentioned it as to me it was obvious .
    Should point out in some ways she is my carer as conveniently our impairments are different so between us we almost make a fully functional body <laugh>

Diego and organic red like this.
  15. Solid_Air 2

cheers JB I hadn't noticed it had dropped from 65 .

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  16. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

could say between you, you’re solid

Zanjinho, johnsonsbaby, Diego and 2 others like this.
  17. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

I've got my first one at 4.45 pm today. I got a letter through on Monday saying I could now book my appointment. I went on-line at first and went through the motions until I clicked on book appointment and it said my nearest centre was in ****ing St Helens. I then called the number given and went through the same ritual, only to be told exactly the same. I said there must be somewhere closer and she said iyt was because it was the 'National' vaccination centre I was dealing with. I should wait until I heard from my GP.

I was at a funeral that afternoon and was telling one of my mates. He said he got the same St Helens ****. He then told me he'd found a link on the Warrington Guardian website and had arranged it for this morning at Warrington hospital. I followed the same link on Tuesday night, they emailed me back yesterday and I'm in later on. I'm pleased I by-passed the ****, but it really shouldn't be like that. I'll let you know how it goes <yikes>

18. Solid_Air 2

JB Cheers for that now all done mate she is booked in for Sunday .
    God knows how i missed it was now 60 years or over now but think i have just suffering from overkill .

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  19. Solid_Air 2

Yeah same here the local place isn't listed so off to the nearest town and looking at approx 40 mins each way as the centre is the other side of the town .

weirdly as i'm typing this the wife has just opened a letter which turned out to be her invite to book an appointment .<yikes>

20. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

When you qualify for a vaccine and go online to book it, you find there are vaccination centres and pharmacies all over the place giving the vaccine, it very much depends where you live and how lucky you are that there is one at a reasonable travelling distance.

If you wait for the GP to get in touch then you will get one closer to home, possibly at your GP surgery although usually a group of practices have merged to make one place available between them for vaccinations as was the case with me.

RHC - if you weren't anxious about waiting then your GP would have sent you a letter to make an appointment much closer to home. I suggested Solid go online because of his and his wife's circumstances and the fact he said the GP isn't very reliable.

@Solid_Air 2 I'm pleased to have helped.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.