1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by astro, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

It won’t guarantee it but it reduces the risk. We don’t have proof or degree yet but experience from all previous vaccines showed a significant effect.

2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Only if people wash their hands. We all know how that'll go...

There are a lot of conspiracy bullshit out there so I understand the argument for forcing through compliance, I just think it's **** to force people when it's not guaranteed to protect catching our carrying.

3. Darwinism

I think the politicians should stay well clear. The human rights/freedom of choice has been tested in the highest courts of the land and the public interest has always come on top. I think it is about health and safety. I was involved in a case when the patients of a surgeon sued when they got infected, Employers have the duty to protect their clients and patients. The individual is free to choose to be vaccinated or not but they cannot be free to choose to put another at risk. “No jab, no job” to put it very crudely.

BTW no vaccine provide a guarantee.

4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I'll be getting once I can anyway. Just don't agree with forcing people.

5. Darwinism

I remember the arguments against forcing people to use seatbelts. I presume you don’t agree with forcing surgeons to be vaccinated too.

6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Can't say I've thought about it. Makes sense though since they're physically entering people's bodies. They wear enough PPE to make it lower risk (both parties) and I'd guess the surgeons are keen to protect themselves anyway.

7. moreinjuredthanowen

its actually incredibly dangerous to operate with any condiction. Hep B is just one aspect thats massive.

The body has 2 or 3 means to filter out disease. Enterting the body breaks every one of them.

the ultimate freedom is to state imo. want to be a surgeon guess what, you do this or there's the door. Don't sign up. the perosn has a choice

Same as someone working in a care home. theres the door. go working in asda if you like.

BTW same as footballers. too much pressure. theres the door go work in media or as a brike or whatever. your choice.

it is totally trunabout thinking that the job requirements have to suit the person rather than the person decide if its for them or not.

Darwinism likes this.
  8. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Fair enough. Is that then any different from someone else not doing other jobs for medical reasons?

Some jobs at our work have weight restrictions that you can’t do if over certain amount. Some jobs have height restrictions.

If someone is already in that job and doing it for last 10 years I’m sure discussions can take place and work around a bit it’s more a case of new starters joining would have to have proof they’ve had jab in same way some jobs require drug and alcohol testing prior to joining

9. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

I don’t agree they should force anyone to have it. Unless it’s vital that for the job they do they are protected.

Zanjinho likes this.
  10. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

There is still an argument against childhood vaccinations (not talking about the crazies or conspiracists) even if the argument is not science based but rumour or anecdotal based it's still an argument. It might not be 'legitimate' but it's enough to make some parents fearful. If there weren't some parents with genuine concerns then more children would be getting vaccinated.

11. johnsonsbaby

I don't think people should be forced to have it either :)

Zanjinho likes this.
  12. moreinjuredthanowen

I don't have to force anyone to eat either :)

they do cos they have to.

Vaccination foregiveness is like giving kids ice cream for throwing their dinner on the floor ;)

13. johnsonsbaby

I've had my vaccine, yay, and nobody ( on here) has said they will refuse it , just a bit of concern over being forced. I understand that. I do think though that maybe using the word forced is inaccurate, given the discussion so far it's more like being bribed, as in no vaccine > curtailment of some activities.

Btw where children are concerned, no dinner - no ice cream is fair enough but a bit of bribery (in the right circumstances) works wonders.

Zanjinho likes this.
  14. moreinjuredthanowen

i'm just say'n :)

not accus'n :)

a requirement for a job is not bribery.

15. Mark Blow

Mark Blow Well-Known Member

Forced vaccination is against the Nuremberg Code. Health passports are not passports, they are permits. A permit to buy food, go to a pub, be able to participate in society. If you don't think that is sinister your brain is made of melting butter.

THE FOOL and Zanjinho like this.
  16. johnsonsbaby

There's always the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984 that provides that any individual cannot be required to undergo medical treatment, including vaccination. It doesn't prevent an employer from asking an employee to consent to a contractual requirement to undergo vaccination before offering the employee work but it puts into question whether consent was freely given. If it wasn't freely given then the Act would apply.

Zanjinho likes this.
  17. johnsonsbaby

I think the word forced is being used inaccurately. All medical students are required to have proof of a whole slew of vaccinations before being accepted on a medical degree course. They will also be given the hep B vaccine and be tested for HIV, hep B and hep C. The latter three won't stop them being accepted on a medical degree but will limit where they can work. It depends on how you choose to look at and interpret it. What to you (or anyone else) looks like force, to others is a requirement. The same with your suggestion of a vaccine passport being sinister.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

The nuremburg code and declaration of helsinki are all important ethical agreements.

Nobody is holdiig down someone and injectung them.

Is a simple choice. Go work for asda if you dont want the vaccine

19. Mark Blow

Mark Blow Well-Known Member

I’m refusing it as I don’t need it. Children don’t need it either.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

Thats up to you.

Just dont expect a job in a care home or hospital