1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by astro, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

2. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

please log in to view this image

3. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

There's a well trodden path of people using Liverpool fc to make themselves relevant, granted it's not usually political but even that isn't unheard of.

Prince Knut likes this.
  4. saintKlopp

This would have made Farage go down in my estimation if it weren't for the fact that he was already as low as it's possible to get.

Prince Knut likes this.
  5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Surely that is the last resort of the dead enders ?

6. johnsonsbaby

Celtic and Aberdeen games postponed after Celtic defender flew to Spain and back without self isolating on his return and playing in a game at the weekend. 8 Aberdeen players visit a bar together. Nicola isn't happy.

7. lfcpower

lfcpower Well-Known Member

Friday/Saturday evenings and nights the pubs and bars are rammed around here ... no masks, no social distancing, no hand sanitiser or better hygiene procedure. It is ridiculous, and disgusting

8. johnsonsbaby

I know it's not a popular view but the late lockdown meant that the virus had already been circulating and passing through the population which is why I now believe that, with some notable exceptions facing localised lockdowns, the majority of the population has already faced it and is immune and/or completely asymptomatic.

I watched a lot of YouTubes on that UnHerd channel where experts/scientists were saying that the countries that looked down early like Australia would face the virus anyway when they came out of lockdown which is exactly what's happening. The central point of all these experts was to see where we are in a year. It doesn't alter the fact that this country messed up and failed to shield the vulnerable but the idea you could escape it by locking down was false.

Zanjinho, THE FOOL and lfcpower like this.
  9. lfcpower

lfcpower Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's a valid response. I went past a testing centre the other day and was tempted to get a test just to purely see if i'd had it, which they will be able to tell you. Didn't bother though since I don't have any symptoms

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  10. johnsonsbaby

The more time that passes, the more we will know about it. It may well turn out that at least 80% of people are naturally immune to it as has been put forward. The scary thing about the virus is that nobody knows how they will react should they come into contact with it.

11. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Studies suggest only 25% to 50% of UK people have been exposed to coronavirus

12. johnsonsbaby

5 months ago Sunetra Gupta, epidemiologist at Oxford said that half the UK population had probably already been infected. Like most of the other science around this, it was a best guess. If you look at the mass gatherings on beaches etc. with no secondary outbreaks or spikes in those areas, that's evidence that either the virus has already passed through or there is a large percentage of the population with sterile immunity.

THE FOOL likes this.
  13. astro

astro Well-Known Member

The reports I've seen are suggesting that this is because a decent amount of herd immunity is kicking in at about 20% exposure, not that a majority of the population have been exposed.

So things are going relatively okay at the moment with some degree of immunity and distancing measures, but any lapse or premature delcaration of victory could see things turn very badly very quickly.

14. johnsonsbaby

Herd immunity for this virus has been estimated at between 20% - 70%. That's how unpredictable it is. Chaos theory explains this pandemic ie scientists cannot explain the why, how, when and what it will do next.

I don't think there's any chance we will celebrate victory over it too soon.

15. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

What a ****ing ****. Farage too <grr>

16. johnsonsbaby

You're back <ok> How did the trip go? Did you wear a mask out?

17. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Not quite sure how to answer your question. I wore it as little as I possibly could and chucked it at the end

18. johnsonsbaby

I probably didn't word it properly. I meant did you wear a mask when you went out on transport and in bars and shops. Basically any time you went out.

19. astro

astro Well-Known Member

20. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

I'm 58 and I don't think I'll see the end of Covid 19, it'll end up being another infection people will have to deal with like flu.As a carer for my wife I am entitled to have the flu jab which I do and hopefully it'll be the same when the Covid jab comes out.
    Thanks China .