1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Feb 25, 2020.

?

Boris...

1. should completely lock us down immediately and fook up all our Christmas'

12.5%
  2. let the bodies stack high

54.2%
  3. lock us down from the 29th to fook up Treble's plans

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

No cash at all accepted at Spurs new horrorshow scifi monstrosity of a stadium (the one everybody loves because it's The Future). You can't even buy a programme with actual money.

aberdude and brb like this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

I don't do conspiracy's, I don't even pretend to know anything about Rothschild, I give an opinion based on my limited knowledge of the banking system and how retailers are behaving at this current moment in time.

I would say that 'Which' and the 'Guardian' are two reasonable credible sources, which haven't come from the dregs of some unknown place or some sole individual.

What I've just seen done at my club in regards to cash beggers belief, one article used the right word, lemmings, and that is precisely what the financial sector is like.

As for Credit Card, I don't even build up a bill, I transfer the money over straight away, once I'm happy the sellers obligations have been fulfilled. I hate owing anyone money, i only even started using one after airlines started going under, well before covid. Monarch as quick off top of my head example.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    Archers Road likes this.
  3. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Does anyone use cash apart from to pay drug dealers?

4. brb

brb CR250

I've started using cash again, in pubs and for fuel.

5. Saintmagic

Why?

brb likes this.
  6. Saintmagic

Cash points round here are going the way of phone boxes. Used to be one on every corner basically, no idea where the closest one is now, probably in a branch

brb likes this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

Why not, cash is legal currency?

I don't want every transaction I do digitalised, matter of principle more than anything.

Supermarkets are already calling for a temp hold of £100 on fuel, it use to be £1. Again it's the principle of the thing, not that they take the money. Some people don't have a £100 for a hold.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...mp-up-to-p100-withheld-from-customers-accoun/

Archers Road, Big Ern, Diego and 2 others like this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

That's because we have allowed that to happen, but the poorest will be the ones put out by it and they don't matter.

aberdude likes this.
  9. brb

brb CR250

A little story about what happened at the Dartford Tolls and how people can be ripped off by the big companies in a cashless society.

They removed cash lanes, now you have to have an account to pay, and your registration is taken by ANPR. It records your every journey, despite not being a criminal.

Anyway, there is something in the small print of the accounts, that the media brought to light after fixed penalties were being issued as we came out of lockdown - people not knowing their accounts had been closed

If an account is not used for 12 months, it is closed, it cannot be reopened. They closed THOUSANDS of accounts over covid, all with money locked in them. You don't get the money back, because they claim they don't know who to pay.

So I phoned them, it appears I had £12 in there, and requested my money back, no great sum of money, but multiply that by thousands of time, and it's a hell of a lot of money. All just sitting there, because some people will never know. Each account has to have at least £10 in it to open.

This is what happens when they stop you paying in cash.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2021/01/10-000s-inactive-dart-charge-accounts-reclaim/

duggie2000 and BobbyD like this.
  10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I personally don't like the way it's going. Unless we get to some Star Trek utopia where currency is no longer a thing, I think the idea of trading/valuing stuff on numbers in the ether rather than something tangible in your hand as a bit of a dupe.

How far away is it from being something like crypto-currency then? Either under the control of governments or not?

Archers Road and brb like this.

11. brb

brb CR250

Once cash is done away with, From Sterling to the Euro to the Japanese Yen, and the US Dollar, once we are digitilised, they could cease to exist. Although I think we are a long way off from that part yet, mainly due to the US, they aint as obliging as us Brits.

12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The cost of processing card transactions for business, doubled overnight a few years back and the FCA removed the right of a business to pass on the cost of a credit card surcharge to the consumer. Costs a fortune and it’s dead money,

BobbyD and brb like this.
  13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

That's what I was thinking. At some point national currencies would no longer be needed. Who then controls it or is able to abuse it? In terms of the U.S. you're probably right, but if there's a shed load of money to be made out of it they'll find a way to get it through with the masses. I suppose it also depends on how much American work and trade is still dependent on earnings paid in cash.

brb likes this.
  14. brb

brb CR250

I think European countries could probably adopt quite a seemless approach to doing away with individual currencies. The UK has always held on to it's Sterling but in a digitilised world, it would make no sense as a mere layperson to keep it and join whatever European approach was adopted. Maybe digitilised currency will be more separated by continent identity, as a wild shout.

15. brb

brb CR250

I see India are refusing Mastercard anymore new customer onboarding, unless the situation has since changed. Think they were adopting their own card payment system, and there was an argument over how Mastercard use data outside of India, but couldn't be arsed to read up about it.

16. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

There’ll be a cryptocurrency along soon to solve all the issues of data, costs with transactions etc.

brb likes this.
  17. brb

brb CR250

Thing is it's just numbers now anyway, not hard cash. Mate just got me a ticket for our game against Lincoln on Saturday, press a few buttons on my phone and my £22 goes straight to him.

18. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

Even my window cleaner got a fking gadget for cards.......used to get away with sorry dude got no money on me call again in the week or two.

I like cash the more I got in my pocket the less I wanna spend it.........2 easy to spend invisible money for my liking.

brb likes this.
  19. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

Neil postman....Great book

20. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I find the opposite is true for me. If I have cash in my pocket, it just goes.

Quesadaad, Munson owns Fosse and Peej like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.