1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Feb 25, 2020.

?

Boris...

1. should completely lock us down immediately and fook up all our Christmas'

12.5%
  2. let the bodies stack high

54.2%
  3. lock us down from the 29th to fook up Treble's plans

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

My lad picked it up 2 weeks ago today, he’d had one jab and has been quite poorly, had a few days laid up & has still got no sense of taste and smell.

Pleased to hear your clan are riding it out without drama mate.

duggie2000, Tel (they/them) and Peej like this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

I'm glad you and the family are ok Tel.

Good point about Les, I've always sort of given people benefit of doubt, but one thing the parting of Les has taught me is sometimes you do have to tell the conspiracy idiots to fook right off. Thankfully I'm older and wiser now, not sure I would have made the right choices if I were 40 years younger, but at Les' age (58), he had no excuse really the silly old sod.

Anyway, agreed to go to the start of the football season next Saturday with my mate, not going to be a good look, dying for the love of his pub team. Here lay brb, now a dualling banjo in the sky.

duggie2000 and Tel (they/them) like this.
  3. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Hope he’s back at it soon mate. The taste and smell thing is very weird. You can sort of still taste if something is very salty or very bitter, but other than that it’s just textures.

Funny one for us is we can be an inch away from the yoot’s soiled nappy and be absolutely none the wiser, meanwhile her sister’s face is twisted cos the room stinks of fresh baby pat. <laugh>

Libby, Peej, Tobes and 5 others like this.
  4. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

Loving not seeing the freaks nonsense.

Not going well for nightclubs young guns saying fk your jabs for entry crap.

5. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Yes.

6. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

What happened to that antibodies test they were talking about probably a year or so ago now? The one which could identify if you already had had the virus?

7. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

It used to be available for £80. Don't know if it still's available, now. It's not a 100% accurate though...

Saintmagic and aberdude like this.
  8. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Would be interested to see if I’d already had a variation of it. Had lots of people I’ve been in close contact with have it, some very close, and always tested negative. I guess I’m in the age range where there is a decent chance I wouldn’t display symptoms so just intrigued to see if I’ve just been very fortunate or I had it before.

Not £80 bothered though

9. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Having antibodies, would that stop you being a carrier?

10. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

not necessarily as you can catch it twice - basically just think of it as being the same as the vaccine jabs .

11. aberdude

12. brb

brb CR250

Question for any of you people...

As we are gradually moving to towards a cashless society, it got me discussing my football clubs move, elsewhere, towards everything now being done online, including tickets, even done away with the club shop this season.

Now I can remember as a kid say of 9 or 10 going along with enough change to get me in the ground and purchase a programme. The question came about what do kids of the same age do these days?

Do their parents give them a card of some description or a mobile to pay?

13. aberdude

You can still buy tickets on the day for cash in Cardiff dude..........match day programme sold outside is cash only.........food stalls outside ground cash only.

They introduced a biometric system in my kids school for school dinner's........I refused and my kids took cash and the school adjusted and allowed payment by cash against their wishes but they knew they couldn't enforce it legally so I was always gonna win that argument and they knew it.

Notice more card only tills in supermarkets.......sad for employment figures but great for the likes of me who doesn't pay for the most expensive items in his basket anymore

brb likes this.
  14. brb

brb CR250

So do your kids only ever have cash, wonder what other kids do or if they are the same?

Didn't know if young children had some sort of prepaid card, that shops accept. It seems like this section of society hasn't been thought through well if not.

aberdude likes this.
  15. aberdude

Most go for the no cash option available..........and most of these people will be robbed blind by fraudsters at some point.

First time a came across a cashless store was Amsterdam.....filled the belt with munchies only to be told no cash sales......they lost a 50 euro sale and had a belt full of stuff they had to put back.

brb likes this.
  16. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

my daughter has a debit card, pay a small fee and she can then learn how to use/budget.

no cash to carry, drop. She loves it. Neighbours kids have a card that they charge up (use only at school)and can be used in canteens but also in drinks vending machines.

brb likes this.
  17. brb

brb CR250

So is it a debit card specifically for kids, which only allows them to spend the amount on it?

I find the 'small fee' concerning, only because my belief is that in another decade+ once we have gone fully cashless, banks will start charging customers for the services provided. Customers will become a captive market.

aberdude likes this.
  18. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Yeah, can only spend what is charged up on. Under a certain age cards have a small fee, but hit 11-13 then most are free.

banks will never charge, they want to have you as a customer and it’s easier than handling cash/having staff IMO.

brb likes this.
  19. brb

brb CR250

Once banks have got us to go totally cashless, there will be no turning back, so yes, no charge at the moment, because it's still wheels in motion.

In the future banks will not exist as we know them today. I think once one of the banks make a move towards charging, other institutions will follow, remember some of these banks are groups, that own other banks.

Did a quick google search to support my outlook so to speak: https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-8850261/Banks-charge-looking-cash.html

Quote; 'it would only take one mainstream bank to go down this route for the rest to follow like lemmings.'

Clearly the way of future thinking by the banks, at the moment a cash keeps the banks in check, because we could just go and withdraw it all, but once that possibility has been removed, we will be open to this way of thinking.... https://www.theguardian.com/busines...t-cuts-forecast-beating-results-bank-accounts

20. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Sounds like a Rothschild conspiracy (can’t find suitable sarcastic emoji)

could be right, but makes you think what there is not a charge on card transactions at the moment.
    Best thing I do is use a Credit Card and just pay off, never spending my money until the bill comes in. Always pay on time, in full.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.