1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

Staines, I agree with your last line 'I don’t agree with her choice of being unvaccinated, however it should remain her choice without her facing the sack'.
    I was tested positive last Friday morning, felt unwell Thursday up my club and ask my partner to pick me up ASAP. Another member of our club had been tested positive 2 weeks ago today, that member come out of isolation a week ago today. The member was in the club all last week, and when I asked 'are you still off work?' on Wednesday, they said yes because I am on antibiotics because I still feel wizzey. Staines this person works for the NHS and is still off sick, and I was told last night they were in our club, and they could hardly talk. Staines, I know who I think deserves the sack. I do a check tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    kiwiqpr and Uber_Hoop like this.
  2. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

This is so bizarre……after a week of testing negative and being in a house where we all have had COVID, finally Twin 1 has started testing positive and developed a cough.
    Why has it taken so long for him to contract it ? (He had a negative latflo yesterday)
    I’m genuinely confused by it all.

3. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Your the Doc so if you don’t know, how are we supposed to know!

My wife ( who have worked in a chemist for 18 years, ) suggest it’s not until a person is peaking with Covid, that it shows up positive, otherwise before and after is may register as negative.

As l said, just a thought.

kiwiqpr and Staines R's like this.
  4. Staines R's

I wish I was a doctor Dids…..they get far better pay than me ;)

Didley Squat likes this.
  5. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

You get what you deserve cakeboy

Staines R's likes this.
  6. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I think omicron is slightly evading the lateral flow tests... so you need higher titres of virus to trigger a positive test.

Thats why it was spreading so fast, people felt ill, tested negative and went on with their lives.
    Some never testing again..other only testing again when pretty ill, and then finding they are positive.

The powers that be ( political and scientific) should have updated the test...but that would have been very expensive .

I do understand the economics here..but I hope the research is going on in the background to investigate this...as the next variant will be even further away from the original test kit

7. NigsyHoops

I'm due to do a test later to see if I'm still positive. My partner done a test last night and she was negative, but has just done a test this morning and it's positive. I would like to know 'what I am allowed to do, if the next 2 days I am negative?' as my partner is going to follow the same route that I did, stay indoors for 5 days and then do a test until you have 2 days negative results etc.

8. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

In theory...when you are two days negative...you are free

Your partner can take tests on day 5 and 6 and is free if both are negative.
    If not it is 10 days.

If you live with your partner, I think you have to stick with her scenario..

If you don't you are free

No it is very unclear .

9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I think it’s two negative tests on consecutive days from day five onwards Beth. So in theory you could be out on any day between six and ten, when you are free whatever the test says.

Its all a bit messy, no wonder people aren’t bothering with tests.

Staines R's likes this.
  10. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Exactly...even if positive on day 10 you are free..

But I think( not certain) that if your partner, who you live with is positive, you cannot mix until she is two times negative (5-10 days) or 10 days from first test

sb_73 likes this.

11. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

After nearly two years my household as finally fallen foul of the dreaded virus,the mrs has tested positive 12 days before our trip to Portugal, bugger bugger

12. Staines R's

The thing is though Nige, if the fella has done his 10 days isolation and hasn’t hit a temperature or cough he has every right to be out and about.
    From what I gather, like a sore throat which is another common symptom with people who have had all 3 vaccinations, being ‘wheezy’ isn’t a reason for him to isolate any further.

sb_73 likes this.
  13. Staines R's

If your neagative AND have been vaccinated you can do what you want even if you live in a household with a positive person.
    It counts as an exemption to self isolate

sb_73 likes this.
  14. Staines R's

15. Staines R's

You can still show as positive in a LFT test up to 90 days after infection so I’m led to believe

16. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

I have know someone at 28 days....
    So what do you do then Stainsey...b***** if I know

17. Staines R's

Once you’ve had your 10 day isolation you can do as you wish, so I’m led to believe.
    I’ve learnt so much recently from Mrs S being in the track and trace team AND having it myself again recently.
    But at times been given different conflicting info from different sources.
    It’s a complete mindfuck Beth

18. NigsyHoops

If Staines and Beth are confused, what chance do the rest of us have?
    Tested positive earlier. So as I see it, got to keep daily testing until 2 days negative tests, or get to my 10 days.
    As 1954 said earlier, we have not had anything since the start of this *hit.

19. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

The official guidance right now as of today is to do what the **** you want and try not to die.

kiwiqpr, Steelmonkey and Staines R's like this.
  20. Staines R's

Ok I got this one from recent experience……

You must isolate for 10 days….HOWEVER, if you come out as negative on a LFT on day 5 and day 6 you can release yourself early. If either of those tests come back positive you must wait till you have 2 LFT negative tests on consecutive days UPTO day 10, when you can release yourself anyway even if showing positive.
    There is a government website that you can log your negative tests on which will prove you have done them and are eligible to be released early.
    The last bit is where I ****ed up, as u didn’t log my tests. You can only log them 1 per day and no later than 24 hours after the test…. Means I can’t make the Swansea game

Hope that’s a bit clearer for you Nige

NB The 10 days is from when you started having symptoms NOT when you had the test confirmed as positive.

NigsyHoops likes this.