1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I tell you what mate... What's Alaska like?

2. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Not in Canada.

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

It's all the same... It's a bit like Newcastle and Scotland.

4. mapleranger

mapleranger Well-Known Member

I actually did check Alaska's Covid numbers yesterday when I saw Ellers' post - not really great but nowhere near as bad as some of the states in the "lower 48". We are doing fairly well just now but as we all know that can change in a heartbeat.

But personally. if I wanted that bloomin' awful climate, I would look at Canada's Yukon or NW Territories

ELLERS likes this.
  5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Nice one mate. I am already planning my future trip to Canada. Always wanted to go.

6. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

please log in to view this image

Staines R's likes this.
  7. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Well, just dropped my car off for a service and wandered into town to buy some stuff for breakfast. Every shopper I saw in a shop was wearing a mask. However, in M&S food hall, where they are saying that they will have to shorten opening hours because of the number of staff who have been pinged to self isolate, at least half of the staff were not wearing masks.

My sympathy for M&S waned rapidly. But their croissants and pain au chocolat are excellent.

Sadly the council have reopened the Parade, Leamington’s stately Main Street, to traffic again (mainly hundreds of buses) after pedestrianising during lockdown. The air quality was such that I wore my mask outside as well. Twats.

8. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

There's an anti-lockdown protest happening today, what are these pricks protesting about? Covid has gone as of 12:00 this morning.

I ****ing hate this country, we are thick as pig ****.

ELLERS likes this.
  9. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

My fit and healthy 21 year-old Son, who some of you have met, is quite unwell with covid.
    He lives with his mum and had a very sore throat a couple of weeks ago which they assumed was tonsilitis.
    After a negative lateral flow test the doctor, after a phone call appointment, prescribed a large dose of penicillin.
    This had no effect and his throat has become worse and worse, along with puffy eyes and an occasional temperature.
    After feeling really unwell during last week he was sent a covid test which came back positive.
    Over the weekend he felt terrible and today the emergency doctor came out to him.
    He reckons he may well have had covid at the start and that his sore throat etc is now a version of long covid.
    We're waiting to hear from the emergency department at the John Radcliffe Hospital to find out which drugs would be best to give him.

Very worrying to be honest.

Fit, 21 and poleaxed by this ****er!

Steelmonkey likes this.
  10. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Best wishes to him Col. Its even more scary that a fit 21 year old can get so ill from it.

peter1954qpr and rangercol like this.

11. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I can count on one hand the amount of people ive seen wearing masks up here and im not joking. I dony give a **** if the usual suspects think im Tory bashing but i can only bash the people in power who have made this ridiculous decision to lift all restrictions in one go. What a complete and utter ****wit this PM is! The sooner he is gone and replaced in his party, the better for all the UK.

12. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Hope your boy comes through safe, well and healthy for his future Col.

rangercol likes this.
  13. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Have visited a local Tesco store today and was heartened to see so many people with masks on and still using hand sanitiser.
    Hopefully a positive for the near future that people don’t see today as some kind of social release and dropping of standards while cases are at an unreasonable level.

14. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Im glad to hear of some sensible people out there. Us Northeners never like being told what to do!

15. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Its examples like Cols just above that really highlight how scary this virus can/could be. Not to scare you even more Col but im hearing of similar cases near me. One of the lads i coach at semi pro level has some very strange long covid symptoms that mimic those of a neurological condition. Hes a shell of the lad he was 12 months ago. A work colleague, has just been diagnosed with rheumatoid athritis and is now on daily steroids. This since having covid. Whether its long covid mimicing the arthritis or not is anyones guess. My site manager (mr workaholic) struggles on a daily basis to even get through a day. Unrecognisable from the guy who was first on site and last to leave. He now does 3 days a week at a push.

16. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed it doesn’t linger Col.
    That’s just it, you’re not being told what to do. Either way. So if things work out well it’s a brilliant government plan, and if they don’t it’s our fault for not taking ‘personal responsibility’ for our actions……..

BobbyD likes this.
  17. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that Col. I wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully no long term effects.

rangercol likes this.
  18. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Congratulations for the most middle class post of the year…….all we needed was a reference to some random French red wine called “chateau knob de merde” and it would have won the lifetime award.
    The bourgeoisie of the world salute you sir .

19. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Up now and messaged you mate

rangercol likes this.
  20. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Watch out, that chip on your shoulder is getting bigger……

Staines R's likes this.