1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Schools should have been open weeks ago.....the poor, the SEN kids and the less well equipped will suffer for generations to come, thus leading to a less educated workforce that is unable to reach their true potential.
    Meanwhile the more well off will be better educated and better educated at home, while their parents are in a better position to take time off to monitor and assist them.

Now if ever there was a conspiracy theory....

2. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Want a jab? If you are in the 60 -64 group, and pretty soon I reckon the over 55s, it’s worth trying to book a jab via the NHS website. I had heard that our local vaccination centre was seriously under-utilised, capacity for a thousand jabs a day, but less than half that being taken up, so they had put the word out that younger people could book in too. I just have, prior to receiving any notification from my GP/ the NHS, used the NHS web booking system, was totally honest about age, lack of priority group status etc and got dates of 3 March and 24 May for jabs. The wife, who hasn’t hit the big 60 yet but is in the next group, was told she could not yet book a place.

Just heard on the local news that Coventry and Warwickshire have the highest uptake rate for the vaccine in the country, so the older age groups have all already been done, rather than people not turning up. Which is good.

If your local centre has capacity and you are in the right age group you might get in early too. Easiest if you know your NHS number.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/

You’re welcome.

QPR999, Stroller and Steelmonkey like this.
  3. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Says in that link only to apply if you're over 64 or fit one of the other criterias for this stage of jabs.

4. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Yes I know, I just kept on going because people in the local NHS told me there was capacity. It will depend on your post code, but you might not yet be in the right age group, I’d keep at it if you want an early, but legitimate, jab.

Sometimes it pays to be a wild eyed, big bottomed, rule breaking anarchist riding the freedom road to oblivion. Yay.

5. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Got my jab booked for next wednesday and my 2nd jab on the 24th May.

6. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I've told my daughters to try booking, they're in their 40s but if you don't ask...

sb_73 likes this.
  7. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

finglasqpr, bobmid, qprbeth and 5 others like this.
  8. Sooperhoop

I know his brother Prince Femi, lives in Peckham and does a nice line in plastic Rolex's...

bobmid, Steelmonkey and sb_73 like this.
  9. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Other half and I gave it a try ... all booked for Mar 4th & May 23rd!
    Well done Sb.
    Interestingly a cousin of mine posted she had booked her jab appt with her NHS number (and is younger and no vulnerabilities) - so I was guessing something different was happening.

sb_73 likes this.
  10. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

please log in to view this image

qprbeth likes this.

11. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

I had one of those. Sold it to Prince Ajay Odika ... he said he had a client in Scotland who would be a perfect buyer for a princely little sum :emoticon-0105-wink:

12. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

It's a belter...

maxresdefault-1.jpg

kiwiqpr, Sooperhoop and SW Ranger like this.
  13. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

is it really ok to open the schools
    another one from the same school had a part time job in a massive k mart store

'You don't know their story': Principal defends student who breached COVID-19 rules to work at KFC
    Crystal Wu, Perry Wilton 1 hour ago

please log in to view this image
    © Newshub / Papatoetoe High School Papatoetoe High School principal Vaughan Couillault says it may have been a subject of miscommunication.
    The principal of Papatoetoe High School has defended the recent COVID-19 community case who went to work, despite orders to stay at home.

The Ministry of Health reported one new community case on Friday, a KFC worker who was linked to the existing Papatoetoe High School cases.

The new case broke the Government's advice to stay at home and self-isolate, by working at KFC Botany Downs earlier this week.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern on Friday said there's no doubt she was "frustrated" and called for people who were advised to self-isolate to do the right thing.

But Vaughan Couillault, Papatoetoe High School principal, says he understands the Prime Minister's frustration but it may have been a subject of miscommunication.

"Now I understand the Prime Minister's expression of frustration that people either didn't hear about it or didn't follow some of the advice or guidance.

"But they still didn't catch anything on purpose and had they known they had it, I'm sure they would have behaved in an entirely different way."

"Like everyone, I was frustrated," Ardern said in a press conference on Friday.

"But at the same time, one of the things we need is an environment where people can feel like even if they've made the wrong choice, even if they've gotten tested later than they should've, they still do what we need them to do."

Couillault says we shouldn't judge others unless we've walked in their shoes.

"You don't know their story, you don't know what it's like to be a person unless you've walked in their shoes.

"We don't know whether the teenagers have to go to work because they're the only income-earners in the family, we don't know if there's any other truma that the family's experience - we don't know any of that stuff.

"So we need to pull back from those positions of judgement and be far more understanding and supportive."

14. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Now 13 cases connected to the school
    prime minister about to speak
    Guessing if she's being dragged out on a saturday night Auckland's about to be closed again

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Because 13 people with the china virus are connected to a school auckland has just been closed for seven days

16. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

That sucks. But you’ve seen a textbook example of what happens when you pretend it’s not happening for a few days/weeks.

17. Sooperhoop

My eldest daughter who lives in Royston has got her 1st jab next Saturday, the other two who live in Bermondsey and Rochester were unable to book one so it seems the further from London the better the chance of an early appointment...

finglasqpr likes this.
  18. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

My 83 year old Mum got her first Pfizer jab Thursday gone and has the 2nd jab for 25th March - 4 weeks later. She is absolutely thrilled to finally have some protection. All over 70's here getting the Pfizer or Moderna jabs. The Astra Zenaca jab is being used on front line healthcare workers only. Some front line workers are demanding other jabs as the Astra Zeneca has a reputation of being not as good.

I am hoping to get my jab/s in late March/April. Care home residents and front line health workers are fully done and cohorts 1 & 2. Over 70's are cohort 3, As a diabetic I will be in cohort 5. The government here talking about having 82% of adults done by end of June. Over 100,000 jabs being done each week. April/May/June expecting over 1m jabs per month. Hopefully at that stage, we will be passing spare jabs to other poorer countries.

A good friend of mine's Mother aged 100 years old in Cuba died 3 days ago of covid. The poor woman was shoved into a corner and totally forgotten about. My mate only found out (he was hospitalised himself in another hospital with covid), as his Niece visited the hospital and was shocked at the lack of treatment a lady aged 100 received. They didn't even have sheets on the bed the poor woman died in. If I could choose a country to pass spare jabs onto, I would choose Cuba.

Stay safe folks.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    ELLERS and Sooperhoop like this.
  19. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

I thought cuba's health care was amongst the best in the world

20. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Cuban doctors are among the best trained in the world and normally, the care offered is of a very high standard. During this pandemic, they have coped very well numbers wise. For a population of 11m people, they have less than 50,000 cases and only 318 deaths. If you compare those numbers to other countries in the Caribbean or against Western countries, they are doing something right. As you would expect in a communist country, they have tough restrictions in place - curfew's from 6pm to 6am etc. Their numbers of infected people were really low until the last couple of months. Yesterday they had 720 new cases where as 3/4 months ago they might have had 10 cases per day or even less - some days they had no new cases. As the numbers of cases have increased, their standards of care have obviously slipped.

The problem they have as a country in terms of healthcare is the American blockade prevents them importing equipment and medication. The government are telling the people that they have developed two vaccines within the country which they will be offering from March. Cuba as a country can not afford to buy Western vaccines. We have to wait to see how effective the locally developed vaccines will be.

mapleranger, kiwiqpr and QPR Oslo like this.