1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Sooperhoop, Feb 8, 2020.

1. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely agree Col.
    I think they have got it wrong too. The few vaccinations that are going in Italy are under scrutiny too..friends of friends seem to be involved

rangercol likes this.
  2. Trammers

Trammers Well-Known Member

Edit - should have read "by the end of the month"

We've another 4929 reported cases today......

Our local hospital has run out of vaccine, more on the way apparently but don't know exactly when.......

3. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

4. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

*PLEASE SHARE*

DO NOT IGNORE POST COVID SYMPTOMS

Here's me in hospital January 5th 2021 with MULTIPLE pulmonary embolisms (blood clots) in both of my lungs.

I contracted Covid-19 back in October 2020. I was fairly sick with it, in bed for nearly 2 weeks, breathless, tired, achy, headaches etc. Once I felt semi better I went back to work. I have never been 100% since. For 3 months I had fatigue, anxiety and stress was through the roof and I experienced lung pain when I exercised but considered these normal post covid symptoms as I was able to go about my day semi normally and do minimal exercise and from what I read, I just had to get on with it and the symptoms would ease eventually.

Flash forward to December, my last week of work before Christmas and suddenly I went downhill. For nearly 2 weeks I was so breathless I couldn't even get up the stairs without feeling like I ran 5k, even getting up and going to the bathroom was exhausting. I had migranes, heart palpitations, back pain and extreme fatigue, sleeping for 15-16 hours a day and still needing to spend the whole day in bed. I wasn't getting any better and my mom told me to go to A&E, I didn't want to as I felt it was too much of a fuss, surely this is how everyone post Covid feels from time to time, I was just going through a tired patch.

Once in the A&E a CT scan showed both my lungs were COVERED in pulmonary embolisms (blood clots) and my heart had been strained, I was admitted for 3 days and started on blood thinners. I now have to stay on blood thinners for at least a year, maybe more. I am now susceptible to blood clots and this will affect my life forever. I am 28 years old, active, non smoker, otherwise healthy.

Please share this post as I want to get this accross to anyone who is experiencing a WORSENING of symptoms months after covid not to ignore it. Extreme breathlessness is not something to be ignored. I am extremely lucky to have found out about my clots when I did.

#covid_19 #coronavirus #postcovid

5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like Countries delaying the giving of 2nd doses of vaccine, not in line with Producer recommendations and/or not tested, are taking a huge risk.

6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

In an extremely rare instance of defending our government of utter spivs and corrupt sex cases and speaking from a position of absolutely no knowledge I think it’s a gamble worth taking for a country in our situation. Countries that have things under some reasonable level of control can afford to do things the ‘right’ way but we’re far too ****ed. Even this lot wouldn’t be taking a punt if it really was that risky, I don’t think.

I’m just glad Stanley Johnson has been fully vaccinated ahead of almost everyone else and is free to enjoy his French passport as soon as possible.

7. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

If this delay in giving the 2nd dose also risks the virus mutating to becoming immune to the current vaccinations, as I read SB's post, I struggle even more to understand delaying these 2nd jabs against Producers advice. Probably such a mutated virus will be equally capable of spreading across borders as it has done, and lockdowns would be further extended in probably hopeless attempts to stop it.

8. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I am unsure of this plan to delay the second dose, as it is a huge risk and the manufacturers are against it....but the argument about the virus mutating is a bit spurious.

If the virus mutated it's spike proteins enough to evade the vaccine, it will be true if you have one or indeed both shots.

My worry is that in older people who have a slow and inefficient immune systems who have only one shot now may not have enough protection to fight off the infection.

Seeing old people ( possibly in care homes) dying after a ( single) vaccine shot is not going to help the uptake and trust

SW Ranger and QPR Oslo like this.
  9. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Kiwi,
    Really sorry to hear your story but thanks mate for telling us what your going thru.

Wish there was a way to assist somehow.
    PM or email me anytime mate.
    Hang in there buddy.
    Aussie

kiwiqpr likes this.
  10. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

Wasn't this one of Kiwis cut-and-paste jobs?

It's not actually him surely?

kiwiqpr and QPR Oslo like this.

11. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

So why has this Govt opted to delay the second dose, if it is potentially lethal in older people?

My mum got a call Monday advising second dose of Pfizer jab has been delayed.

12. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

?

kiwiqpr likes this.
  13. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Thanks diddles
    (Can't believe you think I'm 28
    Is there anyone that young on here)
    Leif is correct
    Just posted it to make sure no one ignores the symptoms

14. Bwood_Ranger

Get well soon mate. Not from Covid, just generally.

Didley Squat, Hoop-Leif and kiwiqpr like this.
  15. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Well he's definately not 28.....

16. Bwood_Ranger

He’s Finnish.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  17. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

My missus ignored the longer lasting effects of Covid amd went back to work for nearly 3 months, before collapsing and being taken to A&E. At the time we had no idea about Long Covid. Thankfully she's got no damage to her heart and lungs, but they still don't know how long the after effects will linger - it's been over 10 months now since we had Covid and it's only now that she's beginning to feel ready to go back to work, although still not 100%. The major fatigue is a crucial symptom to look out for - she could hardly get up and down the stairs - but headaches, heart palpitations, muscle twitching, nausea, continued lack of taste or smell, hair falling out in clumps and many others are long term symptoms tou should be aware of if you've been unlucky enough to catch the virus.

18. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Beth... a question...

I presume that it would be feasible, should the 12-week spacing between jabs be found not to be as protective as first thought, that people could then be ‘re-jabbed’ with the approved 3-week spacing with no danger. And with the much cheaper AZ/Ox vaccination this could be considered cost effective.

This would then put the decision for 12-weeks down as risk management and achieving majority coverage in the first instance to protect as many people s possible and reduce spreading effectively based on the availability. Though I do take on your concern about +80’s/care home individuals being high risk.

19. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Still lots of contradictory stories out there. Last night on the BBC News they were reporting from an ITU somewhere or other, and making a big play of the number of ‘fit’ people in their 30s and 40s being admitted. Though the two they featured were definitely overweight and one didn’t actually need to go into ITU in the end. Seemed, even at the time, to be a bit of propaganda aimed at getting people to follow the rules, and for all I know there could be more younger people getting seriously ill than before - in fact it’s inevitable as there are more people with the virus overall, which is why doctors are seeing more younger people in hospital.

But in today’s newspaper (Times) there is a story that, this time round, the under 60s and those with no underlying health conditions account for lower percentages of deaths than in the first wave.

I think the safest conclusion is that the risks are about the same as before, but we are dealing with much bigger numbers of sick people.

Now I’m in a bind. I have only 9 more days left of being in the under sixties category, after which my risk factors magically shoot up. But on the other hand I instantly move up a band on the priority vaccination list! Now I’m due one by the time the swallows start to migrate to Africa, according to the Governments official medieval agricultural seasonal calendar. Or possibly around the next Harvest Moon.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    Stroller likes this.
  20. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

91,000 excess deaths in 2020.

Still, it’s only a Wembley’s worth and most of them were old and ill already; and I’m sure there will be some really well respected commentators who can tell us it’s all an illusion forced on us by the lizard king and the mainstream media.

RIP to those 91,000 and condolences to their families.