1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Commiserations

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by HP Sauce, May 2, 2016.

1. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Got a lot of sympathy for you lads this season, had you been chasing Chelsea, Arsenal, the Mancs, Lpool, you'd have been the nation's darlings but because it was Leicester you've ended up being cast as the villains.

Suspect you'll be contenders again next season, good luck then and enjoy the group stages of the Champions League too.

2. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

totally agree with that HP. the Leicester scenario also let the chavs off media raping this year too dont forget :D

Congrats to you spuds for a great season, as much as i take the piss, i genuinely admire what poch has built so far at the lane as i think most do even if they wont admit it.

you have a lot to be proud of this year and good times to look forward to.

its gonna be very interesting next year in the prem, Guardiola with city, you with an already strong young team with some possible additions, chavs with a new manager, utd with moureen and a blank cheque book, klopps first full season with some signings, goons (well yaknow)

very exciting

3. RobSpur

RobSpur Well-Known Member

4. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Next year might even be your year, can't see Manure doing anything, the Chavs (are)/will be the new Stoke, the Goons will continue as is, with more in-fighting than the Republican Party, Citeh will probably come good about half way through, whether or not Leicester remain together remains to be seen. Could be Spurs v the Mousers next time around.

5. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Bad luck, you gave all the big boys a right kick up the arse, you deserve 2nd place.
    Maybe next year is your year :)

6. DrWhu?

DrWhu? New Member

Absolutely, fair play to Tottenham. It was nice to see two smaller clubs battling for the Prem rather than the usual suspects, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, City. Would have been nicer for the neutral if you had maintained the challenge to the end of the season, but in fairness with a thinner squad than the big boys you made a damned good fist of it. You really need to enjoy this moment, to rise to the position you have is an incredible achievement. And even if the Arsenal overhaul you, nobody will be able to take away the fact that you were in second spot, like little old West Ham, for some of this season.

It's also refreshing to see the genuine well-wishers instead of the usual WUMmery we get on these boards.

7. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Cheers for the nice comments guys, we gave it a good crack.

It's the best Spurs team we've had in the Prem and taking into consideration the youthfulness to it, I'm hoping we can push on next season despite the money boys likely going crazy in the Summer.

8. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

I am so fed up with everyone supporting Leicester and willing us to lose for no sane reason -except of course Leicester fans- that it is refreshing reading these comments of support.

Thank you very much supporters of other clubs that have taken the time to come onto our board and post these comments.

HP Sauce likes this.
  9. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I said elsewhere on here to NSIS that it can't have been easy for you guys feeling like it was you verses the world. As a neutral, I was part of that 'rest of the world' hoping that Leicester pulled off the fairytale. However, my commiserations are genuine. If it had been left up to the rest of the Premier League then this fairytale would have been a lot more boring and over a lot sooner. You have a very young squad full of potential and the future looks very exciting for you.

It must have been a very weird season for you with so many people supporting your rivals. Even Lineker got in on the act. I hope you are all aware that once the dust settles there will still be a lot of goodwill towards Spurs from a lot of fans, and that this was all about hoping Leicester succeeded rather than hoping you failed. I am praying that you get three points in your next game as I'd like to see you finish in second place, and for selfish reasons have to hope that you lose your last game.

10. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Congratulations on a good season Spurs. There's been some banter bordering on tension between fans due to how much it meant to both sides. As per the above comments, everyone would have been supporting you if it was against anyone else and you'll no doubt be back. Still refreshing to see both Leicester and Spurs top 2, shaking up the normal top few

11. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Yep, added congrats from a Saints fan. Against the tide I've been wishing you well - glad to see you've finally caught up with what a good manager Poch is, and just how bloody good Toby is. For me you've played the best football this season, and have a genuinely exciting, young, very "Pochettino" style team. You'll be there or thereabouts next season I'm sure.

Dier Hard and SpursDisciple like this.
  12. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

The pity is that your club ownership issues + the asset-stripping storm brewing by the usual suspects
    at that time may have driven him out of your club just as you were getting close to the business end of
    the PL table.

Also sad that Spurs play you before the Citeh game.
    If the other way round then perhaps we would have a chance this season to join the "roll over"
    game for you. :)

13. Le Tissier's Laces

Yeah, it's a swings and roundabouts job - Cortese leaving absolutely was the forerunner to Poch deciding his future lay elsewhere (which was a great shame for us). However, had Cortese stayed, I think we would have had some serious financial issues as a result. He was great to get us to a point, but his ego and control-freak nature was causing issues by then. We've stabilised under RK and doing pretty well. It'll be an interesting game on Sunday - we're playing well and should be up for it. The key question is will Poch have been able to pick you guys up.

14. The RDBD

The FA have yet to select our squad for sunday.
    But we need the 3 points to secure second (circumstances as I stated) .

15. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

I was reflecting on this last night and it hadn't really dawned upon me until now, but I just don't feel the jubilation at Leicester's incredible achievement that I probably should. Bottom line is, we never had a serious title bid going at any stage for more than a week and that was simply destroyed by our defeat against West Ham and draw against 10-man Arsenal in the space of a few days. Since then, and particularly after our draws at Liverpool and WBA, we have been playing a ridiculous game of catch up that no-one in their right mind expected to actually pay off. In a way, the media - particularly in their scheduling of our games - have purposefully cast us as the villain in order to shine even more spotlight on Leicester's beautiful damsel in distress. Looking at the level of vitriol we've faced over the past few months, with even Portsmouth fans coming on here to rub salt into the wounds FFS, I shudder to think what the mood would've been if we'd gone and won the league. We'd have been the new Millwall, just without actually deserving any of it.

The manner in which this season has ended has left a needlessly bitter taste in my mouth, so comments such as yours are much appreciated <ok>

I sincerely hope we beat Soton next week to wrap up 2nd place then play the reserves against your lot so that Andros and co. can have another season of PL football. Come to think of it, we might not have any senior players left by the time the FA finishes their witch-hunt so it may well be the reserves by default <laugh>

16. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

I won't be endearing myself to anybody on here, but it's impossible for our fans not to be hoping for that witch hunt to be as thorough as possible (and at the same time hoping that no Chelsea players get dragged into it as they play the mackems next). When you're deep in the **** you grab hold of any possible lifeline you see. In the same way as Harry Kane said last night about Chelsea celebrating though, it is a form of compliment that we are naturally very worried about having to face your first team, even if we're on a decent (but far too late) run of form. So don't take anything to heart if you see our fans saying they are hoping for bans - it's only because we need all the help we can get! I'll be glad when this season is over and I can stop obsessing about the table, fixtures and a million different possible permutations that might see us snatch survival.

17. The RDBD

Tis unfortunate that Spurs may still derail you and Soton, even though the PL has gone.
    As I said elsewhere, if the Citeh game was played first, then we might have been able to do
    you both a favour guilt-free.

18. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

At this moment in time I am still praying that you have the opportunity to derail us. We are more than capable of derailing ourselves first at Villa this weekend <doh>

The RDBD likes this.
  19. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Cheers, Le Tiss.

Do you know what mate, when we signed Toby in the Summer and some of you guys were coming over telling us how he's far better than Jan and the rest of our CB's I thought you were spouting bollocks, I hadn't seen much of Toby last season so never realised his quality, I can safely say right now that I understand and completely agree with what you guys said and was so wrong for doubting you all, the man is incredible. Jan for the record is a superb defender yet Toby has outclassed him all over the pitch, he's the complete defender in my opinion. Been our POTY by a mile for me and we've had a few guys perform superbly.

As for Poch, I literally can't run out of superlatives for him, best manager we've had in the Prem era in my opinion. Not only has he got us playing brilliant football and on course to finish in our highest Prem position but he's created an aura around the club that makes us all feel as one, from fans to players to staff.

20. Le Tissier's Laces

Best CB in the league for me. Good to see him and Poch doing well, regardless of any (fairly daft) hangovers from our side.

SpursDisciple and Dier Hard like this.