1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Come January

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by HHH, Oct 30, 2014.

1. WSTiger

WSTiger Well-Known Member

Yeah unlike Danny Graham who showed exactly the opposite all the work and running defences ragged etc, but, no end product. With the few chances Hernandez has had he has stuck a good quota in the net.

Jury is still out but I hope (always hope, did so with Graham, Sagbo, Fryatt, Altidore, Ghilas etc. always looking for the next Waggy!) that he will come good.

2. 2jaysafloat

2jaysafloat Member

Why are we having a go at Hernandez? Teams like Aston Villa and QPR would love a player like him. Talking about not settling in, of course it will take time, look at Adybeyor and Bent two players who have been in the PL for quite some time and they aren't scoring either there are obviously others but I think Hernandez is doing OK at least he's putting it in the net. Give the guy time he's a winner.

3. CMPUNK

CMPUNK Member

Sign a Striker and a Keeper.

Offload 2/3.

Can't see how Dudgeon is going to make it in our team with us having Brady and Robertson.

4. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

What you on about? Dudgeon will be our first choice left back this season.

Everyone said it....

5. CMPUNK

CMPUNK Member

What are your thoughts on the likelihood of Dudgeon staying with us?

6. Ullofaman

Ullofaman Well-Known Member

Yeah, just like Prozzy

7. Amin Yapusi

Last time I gave my thoughts on Dudgeon, back at the end of last season, I got called an idiot who knows nothing and told in no uncertain terms that he WOULD be our first choice left back this season. And that he's easily good enough for the premier league.

8. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

Feels like we have entered every January transfer window for last 5 years or so saying ' we need at least one striker' and I think this season will be no exception. Actually feel that the balance is way out at the moment with about 6 attacking midfielders (Ben Arfa, Aluko, Ramirez, etc) but only 2 strikers in the building, one of whom is injured. Hernandez scored a couple of beauties but think no assists so far compares unfavourably with Long) and if he is injured or goes off tired after 60 minutes we have NOBODY to come on as a like for like replacement and hence no-one to hold the ball up. I think there is a bit of complacency in the 'we've got such talented players now' bandwagon. We might have , but not got the right balance as a team in my opinion and we could easily be in trouble by Christmas.

9. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

We've signed at least one striker in every transfer window since SB took charge. Despite this window probably justifying one, does that not tell people that the problem might just lie elsewhere?

I really rate Abel, hes still adjusting, but at least he's scoring goals while he does so.

10. pudseytiger

pudseytiger Well-Known Member

Agree, left very isolated up front on sat his striking partner Ben Arfa, didn't look all that interested to me(agree he,s not a out and out striker but showed very little effort) , the gap between midfield and the forwards was vast.

11. kingstontiger

kingstontiger Well-Known Member

I don't disagree that part of the problem may well lie elsewhere - i.e. lack of enough pacey creativity in midfield. However, my point on the striker situation was really that I thought we started the season not far off being sorted, with Long and Jelavic a good partnership, and Fryatt for competition, so if we had signed one more striker as additive we would have been well set. But we lost Long and Fryatt and only brought in one replacement. And it does rather appear that Sagbo isn't quite going to make it at this level?

12. GCTiger

GCTiger Well-Known Member

We need another big man up top especially when Jela gets injured. Without him to terrorise the Southampton back 4 they had a pretty easy time of it. Connor Wickham will be available in Jan...hasn't signed a new contract with the black cats....6"3 and English....Him, Jela and Abel would do nicely.

13. Amin Yapusi

Connor Wickham will cost an absolute packet and I'm not convinced he's very good. Never got the hype around him.

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Ben Arfa wasn't brilliant but he seemed more involved than Hernandez who was behind the play consistently. Hopefully it'll be different against a weaker defence than Southampton's. Maybe they just made him look slow and lazy.