1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Colstons Statue - Again

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Angelicnumber16, Mar 11, 2021.

1. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

I shall have to reset as only see 1 side of the argument seems quite heated!

2. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

The vast majority of people in the UK have had more than enough of this band of anti democracy red fascists smashing up our towns and cities and attempting to maim or kill police officers - FACT.

The law of the land because of the pandemic says these protests are illegal and the police have every right to break them up and to use any means at their disposal - FACT.

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

4. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

5. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Due to successive governments criminalising lifestyles its impossible to live outside of society whether you despise it or not. The anarchist centre BASE in Easton and the anarcho leaning Rockaway park at Temple Cloud have to take part in taxation, rates .. They are not off grid or allowed to be.

New age travellers who now increasingly can't had their alternative festivals shut down by successive Governments harming their ability to create capital by selling their goods and services.

Government pro actively denies people means to live alternative lifestyles so some will seek economic security using a state that prevents them creating their own independent security. Its cyclic. Not all are scroungers or intend to be.

Bluebaldee likes this.
  6. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I am all for people with a skill selling their goods and services, these people seem to operate online with everything else that they do, why not for their goods and services?

To be honest I don't care what they do as long as they live within the law of the land in all of it's aspects. I don't think that is too much to ask in civilised society.

I am not free to pick and choose which laws I ignore, taxation is out of my hands and always has been, I pay what they take full stop, I can't sit down on College green with a can of special brew, because it's illegal and I would be fined.

I would love to live off grid but I can't and I couldn't when I lived in France.

7. Cliftonville

New age travellers sell their goods via travelling to festivals. The laws of the land have been altered going back to Micheal Howard to make traveling and travelling as communities difficult to festivals that are less in number or now illegal. Your point was about living outside of society. its no longer possible to live truly off grid in the UK anymore.

8. realred1952

they made 14 arrests last night.. double Sunday nights!
    I was almost in stitch's with the comments made on local ITV at 6pm.. "we are protesting quietly, reading poetry, singing, have some music then we lie down peacefully on the floor and they trample on us ... I was trampled on!" … etc etc etc … fair play me thinks … gave them some time to meet up ...against the law, mind you, and requested via specially trained officers to leave or you will be removed for over 4 hours. At around 9pm were asked to leave and they said we will leave in the next hour … at 10.30 they were told they had more than the half hour, and music was being played dancing etc … before a wall of over 100 riot police dogs and horses advanced … Richard Head with his back pack tried to stand up in front of them and hold them back.... just made it to the loo before almost collapsing in stitch's …
    The bully boys and thugs will try it on this Friday but the tide has turned no more mamby pamby

9. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

The point that is totally missing from any debate, especially in the gutter rag BristolPost, is that the vast majority of Bristolians are well and truly pissed off having their city systematically trashed and their police attacked by mindless anarchist criminals, it is obvious that any further 'kill the bill' protest will descend into violence again, but apparently thats ok, no it's f****** well not OK, somebody will die or end up with life changing injuries.

I read the one sided bollox in the post last night about poor little Cydanie, who thinks that she was treated unfairly, sat on the pavement outside of New Bridewell police station, lawfully requested to move by a police officer, she refused and then claims that she was 'pepper sprayed', well that's an inaccuracy that I would expect a proper journo's should know, the police are not permitted to use pepper spray, they never have been, it would have been CS spray. The post then asked the police to comment on the incident FFS, by her own admission she was asked to move and she refused, so they took action to make her move. She brought it upon herself, the overwhelming majority of people commenting on the incident have zero sympathy for her. The post's banner headline attached to this piece was 'Protestor on 'trauma' of being pepper-sprayed at riot', I don't know about anybody else but the important word in that headline was the 4 letter word RIOT, only a moron would hang around in the midst of a RIOT.

10. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

11. realred1952

PERSON OF INTEREST
    please log in to view this image
    Wanted in connection of suspected criminal activity in near Bridewell police station on 21st March 2021

12. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Ding, ding seconds out for round 3.

Hopefully A & S are ready for this one and will be once more on the front foot.

And hopefully anyone of nervous disposition will vacate the area if this peaceful march turns into a riot, that way there is no chance of becoming 'traumatised' .

13. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I hope this attachment opens.

It's an interview with Adam Larkman 33 years of age, just now at College green he has apparently had a jab but the question is, what has he had a jab of exactly, at least we know the future is in safe hands.

14. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

15. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Here’s the thing.

Even though the recent ‘kill the bill’ gatherings have been allowed to happen even though they are illegal under these special set of circumstances.

Last night with the police far more prepared, the demonstrators were allowed to peacefully protest for over 7 hours, from 4pm to 11pm and then they were requested to disperse and warned of the consequences if they didn’t and many refused to do so and once more obviously tooled up for a fight they got one and lost.

Do you think that with the latitude that they have been given in the last 2 gatherings and the way that they have reacted will garner them support?

And here’s the thing about travellers.

Do you believe that perhaps they don’t really help themselves? Go up to Dundry and get caught fly tipping and you rightly get a huge fine. 20 or so caravans force their way on to public and private property and totally trash the place, with zero consequences, do you believe it’s right that the public should foot the bill for clearing up their ****?

You may know that I lived in France for 16 years. There the traveller population are told from the get go, exactly when they are expected to vacate the land that they rocked up on and they also know that failure to adequately clean up their mess will result in huge consequences, huge fines or vehicles and caravans being crushed and they will be sent to whence they came.

16. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

The right to protest is an important facet of democracy. When that right is criminalised then unfortunately, the scenes witnessed this week can be a consequence.

The issue for the government and police is that protest works. No-one would have heard of BLM or XR without protest. Now the government has a diversity agenda and a green agenda. We’d still have the poll tax without protest.

Don’t condone violence but I do oppose the Police, Crime and Sentencing Bill.

17. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

As I said on another post, the gatherings are illegal but the police have allowed them, but if last night taught us anything give them an inch and they take a mile.

They were allowed hold their illegal gathering/peaceful protest for 7 hours between 4pm and 11pm, which is more than enough to make their point and go home claiming the moral high ground but no they were requested to disperse and warned that force might be used and many of them refused, as we know they were already tooled up for a fight and got one.

Hardly a way to garner support from the public.

Also I think that I could probably say that without exception most police chiefs do not agree with this legislation but are not allowed by their terms of service to say so. Why are these anarchist criminals attacking the police?, surely a mass door stepping of the politicians who framed and are pushing this legislation through would make more sense?

18. realred1952

not entirely true It was well known before GF … mostly in USA for while before GF and the knee . a woman in Florida?? was the first to come up with the phrase a year or so earlier?? the catalyst was the method used that killed GF … THAT made it a point of interest for the thuggery movement who hi jacked it.

what aspects do you oppose all of them? or the bill is going in the right direction but needs fine tuning [ all bills that go through parliament are "raw" when first put forward ] which is the usual way. It is not something that happens immediately after a vote it could take months or years.

19. Cliftonville

It will not gather the support demonstrating post covid control restrictions would. Breaking restrictions only comes from a position of self entitlement. I don't support that.

Last night I worked with what was once know as the Hartcliffe star moving around the centre and across to BS8 till the midnight .. While the rest of of us observe lockdown. Effect = In my workplace some of my colleagues and the service users think these people are arseholes and that also applies to the non violent ones ..

Some travellers, not all. The travellers on the large site on Bath in my view .. The locals barely know they are there.

20. realred1952

they apparently arrested a person of interest from Sunday night! amongst those arrested last night.
    they apparently stripped the pedals off of bikes that had been chained up and used as missiles along with bottles bricks and laser pens.
    Along WITH previous footage any tell tale signs on body cams and cctv will add to individuals jig saw photo's. A friend who is in police, but not in any of the protests said " the upside of additional protests will give more puzzles a better definition, but downside grossly flood the info available! "