1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic C'mon Wales

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by clingo, Sep 5, 2021.

1. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Last 15 minutes (with stoppage time) was like attack against defence bar a couple breakaways.
    We really missed a goalscorer.

Harris looks to be improving as a player with good runs into the channels and behind.
    Not got the players at Cardiff to pick out those runs though.
    Giles Kieffer and Harris should be the front 3 for sunday.

clingo likes this.
  2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just read this thread first thing this morning - couldn't be bothered last night.

Hilts hit this right on the head - Morrell and Allen in midfield were an absolute disaster. It must have been obvious to Page at the break it wasn't working.

No guarantee, but I reckon Levitt and Smith who had great games in the friendly against Finland being brought on would have got us the win.

4. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

It was one of those games where nothing seemed quite right or on song.

Final ball was dreadful most of the time and on the rare occasions it wasn't, the finishing was poor (Bale and Roberts should both have scored).

2nd spot is definitely all we are playing for now and to be honest I'm not sure we'll be at the Czech Republic to it.

Sadly I think the National team is starting to go through the same kind of transition that we're seeing at club level, where this campaign is one too many for some of the squad but just a bit too early for others.

Ah well.....

clingo and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  5. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

It’s amazing really how well Wales do with an assortment of players, some of whom don’t play league football (Ward) and others who are in the lower leagues or not in the first team. Gunter & Roberts <doh>
    Couldn’t score against a team who have conceded 15 in last 3 games and came as close to Wales as winning.
    Page isn’t national team coach standard.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  6. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Not sure that I would make a judgment about Page based on the few matches he's had in charge thus far. Perhaps he isn't right for the job but based on last night, we seemed to be set up well enough to have won comfortably. Unfortunately, as Brizzle said earlier, the players were messing up the final pass and it was them missing the clear chances that Page's set up afforded.
    But yes of course, it's always a lottery for any Welsh manager/coach as to who will be available and what the overall talent base is at any given time. The national team definitely needs the major clubs in Wales developing players from an early age as well as being active in not letting talent escape to elsewhere. Not an easy situation to sort out, in fact extremely complex given how clubs are owned and managed.
    For now, I guess we have to carry on doing what we always do and get behind all those that give their all for their country.

7. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Hes persisted with Allen and Morrell for many months now.

That for me says it all.

Vaulks is no great by any standard or Tom Lawrence but to see the likes of Morrell Johnny Williams Sheehan basically lower league players in before them then theres something wrong.

Jonny Williams as Wilsons replacement a player who rarely scores or assists but runs around flattering to deceive. He should have had the bottle to sub him and not Tyler Roberts. Jonny was useless.

8. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Yes but so was Roberts - again

BluefromBridgend and clingo like this.