1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cheltenham 2020 Ante Post Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Pilgrim, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Well KD is a more likely winner than BVD.

2. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Both could kill you too <laugh>

redcgull likes this.
  3. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Question. If connections of Honeysuckle and Envoi Allen announced that, if fit and well come the big day, their beasts would be ‘Champion Hurdle’ bound would they, right now, be 1st and 2nd faves for that race??? I see that old boy Tom Segal, writing in the current edition of ‘The Weekender’, has ‘no doubt’ that would indeed be the case.

But whatever the outcome the forum’s 3rd favourite Welshman certainly springs to mind – Dai Lution.

4. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Envoi Allen is a novice though, so it is to be expected that he goes for one of the novice hurdle races at the 2020 festival, rather than the Champion. I would think Honeysuckle a likely starter in the Champion if she is fit and well - I can't imagine connections get the chance to dream of Champion Hurdles very often.

5. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

Envoi Allen will be 6 in march, and considering the two best horses are injured and the serious lack of depth in the division, and the fact that Elliot has a line on Klassical Dream with Petit Mouchoiur, surely they must be strongly considering it. Envoi Allen isnt exactly a gold cup horse in the making, hes sired by a miler who has produced some decent 2 mile types, so why wait until he is 7yo? Hes probably going to be at his peak for 2 miles in March. Whether hes good enough is another matter, as hes only beaten unexposed horses so far. Elliot will either need to find out at home or run in the Irish Champion Hurdle.

6. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Hang on - Who stated the following?

"Envoi Allen gets the job done and almost certainly will be the Neptune for him, he wasnt impressive enough for the 2 miler."

Yes, of course, we all know who it was - https://not606.com/threads/sunday-1st-december-2019.379559/

7. As We Know

That was before Buveur Dair was out of the race Nass, as far as im concerned that changes everything, there is now no standout and no proven top class 2 miler.

As I said, im not saying Envoi Allen is good enough, just that they will surely be considering it seriously. Maybe the Royal Bond was a better race than I thought going into it.

8. As We Know

If the handicapper is correct about Darver Star and Turnpike Trip being low to mid 140s, that would put Envoi Allen comfortably in the low 150s, and almost certainly capable of better. That would probably make him a serious player this season.

9. NassauBoard

Hilarious. You posted one post earlier on that thread that Buveur was likely out for the season!! Farce.

10. As We Know

Likely son, and I was the only one saying it looked really bad, nobody else was on here or in the press, it wasnt confirmed, and to be honest I hadnt really thought about it, it was a snap reaction comment based on preconceptions about the race.

Unlike some, I am open to changing my opinion if the evidence is there. Thats why I got off Kimari at the last minute despite being on her all season.

11. As We Know

can we not just call it quits with your 13/2 shot e/w tailled off and Buveur Dair out for the season? you are acting like a ****ing bad smell with a hardon for me

12. NassauBoard

Your post was as follows -

"Reports today that BVD could be out for the season, as I feared yesterday, looked a very bad one and Kempton all but ruled out id imagine.

Nicky Henderson is hopeful Buveur D'Air will make a full recovery from the injury he picked up in the Fighting Fifth Hurdle - but whether he runs again this season is a "grey area".

The two-time Champion Hurdle winner made a bad blunder at the second-last flight in his narrow defeat to Cornerstone Lad at Newcastle on Saturday.

A piece of wood from the hurdle became wedged in his hoof, and he finished lame, with Barry Geraghty dismounting after the line.

"The injury was so freakish you'd think it was impossible to even do it," Henderson told Racing TV's Luck On Sunday programme.

"A great wedge of wood went into his coronary band, right underneath the hoof.

"I've spoken to AP (McCoy), who is at the surgery, and I'm going down soon. In simple terms it's like a very large splinter underneath your nail, and it is very sore.

"The good news is that the coffin joint hasn't been infected, which is very important, so now it is a matter of getting the piece of wood out from under the hoof - but they will have to open the hoof to let it come out, because it's the only way.

"They are hopeful they can do it without a general anaesthetic, and then - all going well - it is a matter of how long it takes to grow the hoof back over, which will undoubtedly be some considerable time.

"The risk of infection is a worry - but the fact the coffin joint isn't infected is a big thing, because that is real danger area."

While hopes are high of a full recovery, Henderson cannot put a timescale on a return to action.

He added: "Nobody is even talking about when we might see him next - all that is being talked about is making him more comfortable, eliminate the pain, but he's in the best place."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You really are very funny.

13. As We Know

just go back to being a non entity talking about low level jump racing in middle england farmland that doesnt concern me, your not on a level to talk with me about racing so stop quoting me, were done, you couldnt lace grendels boots either

14. NassauBoard

<party>

Hilarious. I think i've wound someone up. Perhaps you should lay off insulting everyone and at least be consistent with your views. Less of the abuse eh?

<party>

15. As We Know

in all my years on here I cant remember you ever posting anything remarkable, or reading a post and saying, Nassau called that spot on, not once.

I remember you were not too happy when someone made a thread for me when I first started tipping on here years ago, thats about the only thing I remember about you and im not even kidding.

16. NassauBoard

Do you really want to scratch that itch? Perhaps if you weren't so entrenched in your egotistical threads you would see the many winners i've put up on here with insight.

17. NassauBoard

karlos5001 likes this.
  18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just like the family it is. Occasional squabbles and name calling but we all love each other really. That's why we are still all here <hug><cheers>

19. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Shouldn't you be changing your strap line to 'one of the top judges in Europe but only when it comes to flat racing'?

20. As We Know

No because the character limit wouldnt allow it.

And did I not call Cyrname to beat Altior? Most jump aficionados seemed to think Altior was a cert.

Yes jump racing has a large element of lottery about it, and yes the form is often worthless, and yes a race is often decided by jumping rather than ability, but a horse is a horse and im a decent judge of a horse full stop. At least what I say about jump racing is original and not parroted cliches, never claimed to be a jumps expert but ill stand by my observations about distance ranges beyond 2 miles being far wider because the data shows that.

Ron likes this.