1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CHAMPIONSHIP REBUILD THREAD

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Apr 8, 2017.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Get rid of the players we dont need period and refuse to let players go if under contract period, Be an early bird and get in there for the players we should have as targets by now and if we have not then we will be in trouble right from the start. There is no excuses for not knowing the players we have to replace as it is obvious to a blind man......I hope we can stay up but the same applies if we are in the championship next season....

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

We have 3 players on loan going back, maybe 2 if we are giving King a contract, then we have 4 players that will be retiring at the end of this season, in Leon, Routs, Rangel, and maybe Dyer, then we have the deadwood to sort out in the squad, and some very expensive deadwood in Spain, that could well see us taking a hit financialy, going to be a very busy pre-season if we are to compete next season in the PL............. <ok>

swanseaandproud likes this.
  3. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

We all know Turkey's isn't a great League, apart from top two or three, teams are Top ten Championship - mid / lower PL.
    (Edited)

Bafe Gomis 31 games in all competitions 28 goals & 6 assists! (25 & 5 from 25 League games)

I see Boja's market value is now £3 million :angry:
    Roque is holding at £7 million

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    DragonPhilljack likes this.
  4. swanseaandproud

You could be talking about the premiership there...

5. DragonPhilljack

Swansea were, and still are, in the midst of a hiring and firing culture. Predecessor Francesco Guidolin lasted a mere 25 games, while Bradley’s successor Paul Clement was axed in December before he was able to complete a full year at the helm.

“There are many examples where after a few results, clubs feel pressure and with the money involved, they make changes,” said Bradley. “But you still see some examples [of stability]. Eddie Howe is one.
    Old Bob Fidley is still rumbling on, bless him!.........................<laugh>
    Link: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...zlatan-ibrahimovic-swansea-city-a8284966.html

6. swanseaandproud

Man Utd eye up Alfie after they send one of their scouts to watch him and he had glowing reports....Ki wants to remain in the premiership not necessary at the liberty and finally Carlos is about to lose his right hand man and senior coach back to Portugal where he is wanted......This ends the Swans news for today...

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. Bob the slob

Noted that Man U's interest in Mawson was in the region of £11 million. About right IMO.
    Ki will go, again, Imo he'll pick up a good signing on fee.
    Joao Mario will stay if Carlos gets a new contract and if players are brought in.

I'm more concerned that, if we stay yup, we will have another close season of adding mediocrity to the mediocrity we already have.

8. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Mawson imo is not and never will be good enough for Man Utd. He'll be no better than the likes of Smalling, Jones etc who are only there because they're English.

Bob the slob likes this.
  9. swanseaandproud

Swans slap £40m on Mawson.....To me we should say No to selling our best players if they are on a contract regardless what anyone offers.....The big sides are like leeches coming in for clubs best players and then more often than not they rarely get a game in their first team. We have control of our players on contract so just say NO.......A different situation with KI in that we have let him run his contract down and we get zilch if he goes. The word is he is not keen on moving to milan and is desperate to stay in the Premiership so we should be offering KI an improved contract by now.....I'm pissed off that these big clubs think they can ride rough shot over the smaller clubs every season and entice our best players away...How are we supposed to get better having our best players poached away every season...We should never have sold Big Ash,Gylfi and Llorente in recent seasons and should have Just said NO they are going nowhere....

10. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Sell Mawson for £40m and buy 2 CBs for £20m each that know how to defend :)

As for Ash, selling him in hindsight was great business as he's been very poor since leaving us.

DragonPhilljack and Bob the slob like this.

11. Bob the slob

Transfermarkt quote €12 million and other reports have £11.5 million.
    Even at twice the quotes it's no where near £40 million.
    As we've seen, with the introduction of Mike Van Der Hoorn, Mawson is no where near the hype that has surrounded him (not his fault).
    As for CBs Fernandez and MVDH with Matic or an other would be good. Where we have fallen down IMO is not having defensively capable full backs or any form of presence in front of the back line.

12. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Fully agree. We need new right and left backs (I'd like to see Olsson used on the left wing only from next season). Personally I'm still not convinced on MVDH either.

We also need a DM. We've missed Cork badly this season.

13. Bob the slob

Swans scouts in Portugal to check out a couple of players. Although not Portuguese I can't understand why we are going back to Portugal.
    Sanches
    Éder
    Oliveira.

Swansea City had a scout at Benfica v Porto this weekend and this is who he is likely to have been looking at
    The Swans have been linked with Porto forwards Moussa Marega and Vincent Aboubakar

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-scout-benfica-v-14535836

(ps Love Portugal and Portuguese but they have not performed for the Swans.)

14. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

WOl reporting we are linked with a Swedish midfielderas well but WOL also linked us with a number of players during the last transfer window none of who we signed. So take it all with a pinch of salt.

15. Bob the slob

Claesson
    I'm sure he was mentioned (outsider) before he moved to Russia and possibly as a replacement for Siggy but my time line may be out.
    At the time he was a hard working midfielder (mostly central) in Sweden. Other than price (dirt cheap) little stood out.
    If I have the right player, a Swedish friend reckoned he was Championship standard.

16. Nosugarman1

This is the player mentioned by WOL who are ,as usual, trawling old rumours.

Bob the slob likes this.
  17. Bob the slob

18. swanseaandproud

I dont believe about players targeted anymore....I only believe when i see them paraded in a Swans shirt at the Liberty

19. DragonPhilljack

I hear we are ready to offload Bony if the rumours are to be believed? Going to take a big hit if true me thinks, I also see that Sunderland are relegated again, how the cookie crumbles aye !!.................<laugh>

swanseaandproud likes this.
  20. Nosugarman1

The first signings I want to see are new contracts for CC and Mcburnie.