1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CFC v QPR ( MD Thread )

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Nov 1, 2014.

1. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

Tactically spot on, hustling and harrying Chelski off their rhythm for most of match.

Shame about penalty, Hazard clearly put his elbow out and then fell over knowing he'd get something. Cheat. Vargas did nothing wrong, he went for the shoulder defense, any other time that happens it's 50/50 and nothing is called but Hazard's too good at the acting dive, he knows how to disguise it so well, he caught Caulker as well right at the top of the box, he just let Caulker bowl him over as he just stood there.

2. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

One thing we have to admit to is that the problem isn't FITNESS - we're just SLOW. We can't keep up with the pace of the top teams. Yun played nervous, far too panicky, in awe of Chelsea and nearly got ran out of the park. But for being slow, Sandro, Isla, Caulker and Henry even - they're at full stretch much too often. They played OK as a unit most of the game squeezing them out of the middle as a pack, but too slow as individuals. It was amazing to see Dunne keep up with Costa, but then again Costa's not too fast, he's just big and holds it up well.

The Vargas-Isla combo needs to improve. Vargas is about the only one deadly quick. Isla needs to learn to be more confident on the ball and pick better passes.

3. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Having watched the last 30 minutes only and then the highlights on MOTD I'd have happily taken that performance and scoreline before we started. Let's hope the days of playing negative containment football are well and truly gone. Don't confuse 'backs to the wall' which the better teams will force us into with 'possession for possession's sake' which we played at the start of the season. It's also good to see that Redknapp seems to have seen that the idea of the sole striker does not work in the PL. We are however over-reliant on Charlie Austin. Time for the midfield to weigh in with some goals. I seem to have passed Swords whose views are going the other way. He sees problems whereas I see green shoots of recovery toward being the team we all love and want to be proud of.

4. Quality Passing Rules

Quality Passing Rules Well-Known Member

Miss the whole thing as I was in a wood near Guildford from Friday morning till Saturday night. Was fearing a real tonking at the hands of my most hated team and just removed myself from civilisation till it was over. At least we gave it a go and have nothing to be ashamed of. Will be interesting to see what happens in April when they come to HQ.

5. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Pretty much sums up my feeling too.
    I think the fact that Henry and Sandro are doing a good job in front of the back four is playing a major part in our continued improvement.
    I'm not going to criticise Vargas for that challenge. I can see why it was given, but his energy has been a breath of fresh air, along with Isla and Yun, both of whom are learning how to be a full back in the Premier League and will be out of position and make mistakes along the way.

I have been telling my Sons that I have a feeling that we're going to beat them too. The late KO will lead to a great atmosphere under the lights and I just have one of those feelings!!

6. rangercol

I don't agree about the lack of pace. Yun and Isla both have reasonable pace. Vargas is quick and Hoilett is lightening quick. Vargas, Isla and Yun give us that much needed energy boost. Sandro has never had pace, but he will give 100% every time imo.

Things have moved in the right direction for 3 games now and Harry deserves some credit for that. He is starting to pick the right players and yesterday he got it spot on imo. He also changed it when we needed a goal and Charlie obliged.

As for Austin...........I was one of those who wasn't sure if he could do it at this level, but I was very wrong. His 1 in 2 ratio this season has shown that he will score if the chances are created for him.

As DT said, the only thing missing now is a creative spark. A fit Kranjcar could be the answer, as could a fit and motivated Taarabt of course.

7. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

p

What about Dunne's pace Col.
    FFS, it is widely reported that he can do the 100m sprint in approx 35 seconds :)

8. rangercol

Ah yes, sorry mate. I forgot that I must always say that Richard is the best player in the World bar none! If I don't you Irish lads will forever be on my case eh? :D

9. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Got to say...we had written him off again, but he is a far far better CB than Rio now.
    1 He gives 100%
    2 He knows his abilities, and tries to play within them as so as not to be caught out
    3 He gives 100%
    4 He is aware of his lack of speed so uses his brain
    5 He gives 100%
    6 He has far more understanding with Caulker than Rio ever did
    7 He is a leader on the field, which Rio does not appear to be
    8 Did I mention he gives 100%

10. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Ah yes, sorry mate. I forgot that I must always say that Richard is the best player in the World bar none! If I don't you Irish lads will forever be on my case eh? :D[/QUOTE]

LOL :)
    We both know he's not the best player Col.
    Just the best defender ;)

11. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

Can't argue with any of that Beth except to ask does he give 100%?

I thought that both Isla & Yun both looked far better in the second half. Is this because we were going forward more?

Another question I really would like answered, although I'm sure none of us really know it, is why Junior, Traore & perhaps some others look far better players when they come on as subs than when they start the match?

One more. Perhaps it is just me, but I would like to understand what Leroy Fer contributes to the team as I can't see anything.

However, what an improvement the last three matches have been!

12. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

Some players take longer to settle into a team.

13. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

COL :grin:

please log in to view this image

14. rangercol

Fer seems to be quite a luxury player. His work rate really seems suspect whenever I watch him.
    A fit Kranjcar would offer more imo and obviously a fit Taarabt would be a much better option.

I think players like Hoilett make big impacts when they come on later in games is because the game is becoming stretched, allowing more space and players are also tiring.

15. rangercol

As poor as Rio has been at times, I still don't agree that he's as bad as some on here suggest. Time may tell.

16. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Any decent player with pace who comes on late in a game is bound to make an impact against tired legs. It's noticeable with Hoilett that when he's actually started a game he doesn't have quite the same effect as when he comes on at some stage in the 2nd half...

17. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

Agree with all of that Col.

I suppose that all clubs have players who perform better later in the game when it is more open & tiredness (physical or mental) has set in.

We just seem to have too many!

18. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

My own opinion is that at this moment in their careers, when both paired with Caulker...Dunne is playing better than Rio.
    That is all I am saying

I am truly surprised at that...I welcomed Rio more than most....as I thought he would have an Indian Summer of a season...and I thought Dunne was passed playing in the Premiership.

But what I am saying is that in the last few matches I have seen (ManU, Stoke, SHampton, WHU, Lpool, Villa and Chelsea)...Dunne has outplayed Rio
    Rio was destroyed in the United, Wham matches....Dunne did pretty well vs Villa and Chelsea.

19. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

I never thought I'd be saying this about Rio Ferdinand but from what he's done so far, he's the worst defender I've seen at the Club since Zesh Rehman. He's been truly awful. Maybe he can improve or maybe his legs are simply shot. I hope its the former.

I don't understand how top sports starts don't know when to call time. A lot of them think they can go on forever even when the writing's been on the wall for a long time.

20. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Ego usually clouds sound judgement...