1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CFC v QPR ( MD Thread )

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Eden Hazard is softer than Ashley Youngs toilet paper.

2. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hard not to feel disaapointed that we didn't get something from that, first half we were hanging on to their shirt tails abit, second half we did well. Shame that a homer decision decides the game.....seems that all 50/50 decisions went their way, would have been interesting to see what he would have given if the challenge was at the other end and if the handball decision against YSY in their area was the other way around and the defender handled it like YSY, I have my doubts that a penalty would have been given in either circumstances.....

3. LondonCalling

LondonCalling Active Member

Vargas is just a little naive there. Like col, I can see why it was given. There's also a very large case to say that he dived.

4. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

Looking at it again it looks as though Hazard jumped into Vargas & not the other way.

At the time I thought it was a pen though just a slight thought that contact could have just been outside.

By far the best we have played away this season. IF we keep this application going we will be ok. Every one of them gave their all but the Irishman at the back as quite outstanding.

Our support. What can one say? They outsung the others by a mile.

"Rangers, and we're PROUD of you"!

5. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Listened on the wireless. Pulis was very balanced and sensible, sounds like a decent performance, well done lads, big step up from previous away form, and we won't be playing Chelsea every week.

Commentator pointedly noted that all the noise in the Bridge was coming from the QPR fans. Brilliant.

6. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

That is never a penalty, nor even a foul by Vargas. Appalling cheating IMO. Sick of hearing that if we keep performing like that we'll be ok. We won't, we need points and got no more from Liverpool or Chelsea than we did against Spurs or Man U, despite far better performances. Some years ago Blackpool were great to watch in the PL and had a go, made naff all difference, still relegated. It's so important, especially for the teams at the bottom, who invariably get decisions against, that the refs do a proper job. We should have secured a point today and probably a point against Liverpool too. Both down to refereeing decisions.

7. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Totally agree, poster who's name I can't even abbreviate. Its a disgrace that these little taps of contact are considered fouls today, especially when its both players. Its even worse when they're all given against the little teams.

8. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

A good performance.

A great goal by Charlie. If it were a Messi or Ronaldo then it would be classified as "brilliant".

As for the penalty, I really saw it as "shoulder to shoulder". A tough decision by the ref imo, partian to the home crowd.

It should have been a draw !

Rough justice. I feel robbed!

9. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

Sorry lads, but im backing Harry ATM

Soft penlty IMO and would never have been given anywhere else on the pitch...!!

10. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Absolutely robbed!! Never a penalty. Didn't think so at the time then watching on youtube i'm convinced.

2 mins before the ref didn't give them a foul and when it went out, I watched Terry march up the pitch with him giving him grief... no coincidence he gave that 2 mins later!!

11. DT Footspa

DT Footspa Well-Known Member

Great game and although at times we weren't a match for them in footballing terms we nearly got a result

Credit to all at the club including Harold who has woken up

Play like that and we will fine this year

Row done the club some good can't wait to get Taarabt in the team we just lack creavity

12. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't be sorry Queens, I think most on here will cut him some slack after the last 3 performances, unlucky not be be unbeaten in the 3 games....

13. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Was generally happy with the performance, good application by all.

Was a little worried by Isla a couple of times, and Yun had probably his worst game so far and looked a little nervous at the start.

Dunne and Caulker appear to be getting a good partnership together and both had a good game.

Sandro and Henry looked solid in front of the defence, and Fer probably had his best game.

Vargas is putting in some great work, and was unlucky with the penalty decision. Charlie has found his feet and is starting to show he can put them away at this level - it all seems to be coming together, and as said earlier, we won't be playing Chelsea/Man City every week. Continue playing the way we have over last couple of weeks and I'm sure we'll be alright come the end of the season.

14. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I actually think we will beat Citeh next week. There. I've said it!

15. 85Ranger

85Ranger Member

At last after these 3 games a team we can feel proud of showing a bit of fight hope it continues. All I could hear on the radio was Rangers fan great effort.

16. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Yeah, but to be fair, few referees give any sort of penalty elsewhere on the pitch.

17. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Uber's back!

18. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

That's the key point. Don't feel disappointed but proud.

19. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

20. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

Just after watching the highlights and I'm a little bit depressed. Highlights don't show you fukk all so hopefully someone who was at the game can put my mind at ease but I noticed a couple of instances where there was a lack of effort on our part. I rewound them a few times and there's no doubt when Chelsea took possession and broke, a couple of our lads didn't bother running back. Leroy Fer was the culprit in one instance and Sandro in another. In a similar vein, when Chelsea got the penalty none of our lads bothered protesting even though it was a 50/50. I've never seen a team do that before yet we've done it twice in a couple of weeks.

I hope I've got this wrong but I still don't think all is well with that team.