1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Cardiff City v QPR...Fug Me, Another Famous Club!

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Oct 2, 2019.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I see Warburton had a winge at the post match press conference about how well they played and our smash and grab tactics.

No argument about their creative midfield and pretty possession football but you also need an end product and they didn't have one.

The game is all about putting the blown up piece of plastic in the onion bag and they didn't. That should tell him something about his team.

Interesting that all our goals came from players who have not scored before this season and from defence, defensive mf and a no. 10 sub. We might want a 15/20 goals a season striker but if we carry on scoring from all positions do we really need that?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Peltier and Bennett against WBA?.....<whistle>

3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

We’ve scored as many as you, hit the post twice last night and forced some good saves from Smithies but appreciate the advice.

4. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

your defence is shocking though dude

5. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Yep, though last night was a new low. Missing a few back there though.

6. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

I've always argued against the 20+ a season striker. Statistically, it doesn't get a team promoted. Goals all over does.

7. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Nah, smithies, with Ethridge getting one off the bench.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  8. BluefromBridgend

No advice mate, just a comment from being at the ground and watching the match. You might have scored as many as us for the season so far but didn't last night where it counted, between us.

Pretty poor numbers of away support as well. 3/400 max. Only 3 hours down the M4.

9. BluefromBridgend

In fairness not many get past Peltier and Whyte gives great support. Bennett is another matter though. Their right wing gave him a real run around. Unfortunately Murphy's defensive support is not as good as Whyte's. Could be a case for starting with Hoilett on Saturday.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  10. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

pity really because you got a bit of a team coming together but if you concede so easily its always an up-hill-task.....maybe like you say with players coming back it may shore up a leaking dam...........anyway alls 2 play for only five points off top and a long way 2 go

kiwiqpr and BluefromBridgend like this.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Not worried about our defensive game on the right, it's far better than on the left. Maybe Whyte will get an eye on goal before long but there is a lack of direct threat. NML provided that before he was injured and has not regained his full confidence of running at defences.

To be honest you'd think we'd cause more problems for the oppostion on the left with Murphy and Bennett down that side, but sadly that has been poor, particularly last night where it was practically non-existent.

I thought Hoilett showed some sparkle last night for his brief cameo (albeit on the right), and I think he'll in the starting line up at Brom on the left. Murphy is not performing in attack let alone defence.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  12. BluefromBridgend

I don't get what the problem is with NML. He must be fully fit otherwise he wouldn't be on the bench.

He has pace to burn and can tear the ar$e off defenders but seems reluctant to do so. Could be symptomatic of his career. New club, shine for a season or so, get an improved contract then rest on his laurels - as with Lex Immers.

I hope not, taking account where we took him from, but it is strange.

13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I think it's a matter of confidence Bluey. If you feel your hamstring is going to go again you're not necessarily going to give it 100% in case it does.

NML has the ability to worry defenders by running straight at them - bit like a brick ****ehouse coming at you at a fair lick.

I well remember Chris Burke doing much the same for us. Athough he was not of the same physical stature as NML, defenderws do not like pace coming at them.