1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Burton away

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Merged your thread Masky with one already up there. <ok>

2. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

IMG_1681.JPG :emoticon-0103-cool: Thanks Sparkey, Doris is at game....thinks a goal is imminent...strange that because I didn't think she knew a word like that!

3. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I managed to watch the full 90 minute last night. First half was pretty much what I expected. Second half was better. A good substitution from NW. Loic Damour seems to like the back heel pass :D Dare I say it, Tomlin looks very slow and was off the pace quite a bit. He had some good touches, but I feel, if he lost some lard he'd be a much better player. Wasn't overly impressed, I sincerely hope NW can get him to lose some weight and he realises his potential. Maybe I am being over-critical given the hype.

4. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Personally I think you're right about Tomlin there Taff. No question he possess the skills but carrying a little less weight would surely help his cause. He doesn't look your typical fit footballer - a bit like John Robertson (remember him?) who always looked a tubby little bugger but had good footballing brain.

Hope we haven't swapped a slow ageing but skilful Whitts for a younger overweight version who's no quicker and can't last 90 minutes.

Having said that, he's the creative type of player we needed and Warnock is no mug. He must be convinced he can switch Tomlin on.

5. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Tubby little bugger.. WTF? :emoticon-0103-cool:

6. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

I attended the match, had a great day, great result...in the end ! Mendez and Damour were the difference as the brought in the pace that was needed. We have to exploit the lack of pace in the Villa back four and would start with Mendez against Villa.