1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bruce IN or OUT?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Sep 29, 2019.

?

Bruce IN or OUT?

1. IN

48.2%
  2. OUT

51.8%
  1. JokeInEre

JokeInEre Well-Known Member

I am pleasantly suprised by the start Bruce has made. I am not going to come on here and say he is the 1 I wanted to replace rafa because he wasnt. However, he has got us into a nice position after a shakey start and difficult circumstances. We look more of a threat in the final 3rd and he has found a way of playing which really suits the players we have at the club. Early days but like i have said.. positive signs so far.

2. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

@Albert's Chip Shop if Brucey finishes above anything Rafa did will we all be expected to "Bend a Knee" again? What happens if we finish top half, say 8th, can we all agree Rafa was a ****-house manager who worked a minor but boring as hell miracle with some average to poor players. I prefer the last 2 games performances more than I enjoyed any of Rafa's to be quite honest.

Southerner likes this.
  3. JokeInEre

JokeInEre Well-Known Member

Sheffield United will be a tough game but like most games outside the top 4 you could make an argument for any of the 3 outcomes win lose or draw.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  4. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Sheffield United have been the surprise package this season for me, they will start to lose games eventually, there's no reason why that can't be against us. Off the back of 2 wins you'd make us favourites to turn Villa over which is why we'll probably lose but I can't see any reason for us not to get 4 points from the next two games really. At least one of our front 3 has to get on the scoresheet soon which will open the floodgates I reckon. Someone's gonna get a ****ing battering off us soon and I think it could well be villa.

5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

He really did! I was talking about PL career win ratio

6. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

We seem to have found some sort of a blend. Was great to see us get off to a difficult start against Bournemouth but play our way back into the game. Squad is still very vunurable to injury's outside of CB. I think Bruce is quietly doing a tidy job and we should get behind him.

The league is nuts this year. I mean we are above Spurs Everton and West ham. And within a win of the Europa League spot. Outside of the current top 4 everyone is finding it difficult and some (most) of those have spunked many more millions up the wall getting absolutely nowhere. I actually feel that there has been at least some sort of progress this year. Even if that is just making usj more entertaining to watch.

7. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Right now, we are playing better football, achieving good results and the squad seems far happier. The hard work of Almiron on the right is fantastic, he plays better for Bruce than he did for Rafa.

I think he deserves the backing of the fans, he has received more than enough **** and I think he deserves seeing the loyal side of our fanbase now that he's experienced the worst with us.

8. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

absolutely. We bend the knee to greatness. Rafa still had a better beard though.

And dressed smarter.

and speaks better Spanish.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  9. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

But Brucey knows the better Greggs!

10. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

and Brucey does not wear nice little spectacles that he tucks into his top pocket!!

11. Howe's about that then?

Howe's about that then? Well-Known Member

Good point. Bruce out!!

JakartaToon likes this.
  12. Welshie

But Brucey looks like he could take a pint glass to the face and still batter Rafa.

13. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

His nose looks like he already has

14. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

bruce has been using the first 10 game comparison and soon that's going to come back to haunt him when he starts to see how good we were after that... steve bruce is as big a manager as our club is right now and in the championship. The problem is that we hare a small club.

Newcastle united is a small club!
    plain and simple

15. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Big club little club doesn't really matter. You aren't even a good troll anymore

16. Dr Van Helsing

no trolling involved it's the truth ! bruce in or out wont fix the problem … mike Ashley is like a tapeworm !! fans saying move this player move that player sack this manager blaj blah blah … the cold hard truth is mike Ashley made us a small club and it's that simple

just because you don't like reality doesn't mean im trolling in fact i'd argue with most fans of any club they are unable to accept the truth.. they are like religious people getting annoyed when someone explains evolution to them … it's the same crap... they attach them selves to something and rebuff what they don't want to believe .

tbh it's you that's trolling not me

17. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

I wonder who started that thread?

Munson. likes this.
  18. Dr Van Helsing

yeah I did that and then realised I was being small minded

19. Welshie

I've gone into our last 4 seasons with the mindset we are aiming at being a mid table side.

If we lose, I don't really rage. We are still 15th, we have had a couple of fun games, the Bournemouth match being the most entertaining Newcastle have been in like 2 seasons. Yeah, we went away and lost a game. But that is mid table life.

20. Dr Van Helsing

mid table we are not … we are very much bottom end we can't play football it's getting embarrassing and I have a feeling under bruce it will get worse.

with rafa you knew we would finish strong and that's why people making points comparisons based on 10 games is foolish. it was the side rafa left that is the comparison and that side looked like it knew what it was doing and carried a real threat the first 10 games were therefor irrelevant.

I really lik Bruce he seems a nice bloke, but when the **** really gets tough over xmas can he turn things around when its crunch time like his predecessor ? I doubt it , but he is here and deserves the full season.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019