1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bruce And The Media

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Robgee, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Robgee

Robgee Active Member

Always interested listening to the rubbish the pundits spout and print. One thing that always strikes me however when they are interviewing or reporting stuff about Bruce is how he gets such an easy ride. There never seems to be a negative narrative or report.
    He stated recently "I have never ducked out of a challenge in my life" or something like that. What about Sheffield Wednesday for example, or his many previous clubs? Last week it was "We have had loads of injuries and Corona virus to contend with, but I'm not making excuses" What??????

2. Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito Well-Known Member

I don't think it's just him, there's other managers that get an easy ride from the press, though I think he probably gets the easiest. Maybe he always gets the rounds in?

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

He's walked from half a dozen clubs, a total fraud.

O'conner flood and Guy Incognito like this.
  4. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

He also said last week that he has never had such a bad run in his managerial career, the lying bastard used to have one every January. When he was finally sacked it was 2 wins in 14 or something

5. Milton Nunez's Thong

Milton Nunez's Thong Well-Known Member

Its always the same. 1 reasonable season, followed by terrible form, injuries, lack of fitness, poor signings. Then the sack or he walks away.

I didn't mind him at first with us, he always seemed like a decent person, but the Brighton cup match was an absolute joke. Fans travelling all that way during the week to see a team comprised of 2 defenders and 8 midfielders fail to score. Then afterwards blamed the strikers for not taking their chances. That was the beginning of the end for me.

Guy Incognito and smithy in nl like this.
  6. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

Not bruce, but something a little different...

Draig and Montysoptician like this.
  7. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Dawson annoyed me to the point I thought I might burst a blood vessel when he said whatever it was he said that he has been mostly successful wherever he has been, you could see the daft twat think oops hang on, I’m seeing red mist now the ****ing plum

Guy Incognito likes this.
  8. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

Just like Moyes' absolute disaster of a season here doesn't seem to have happened for anyone anywhere outside the north east. A collective memory blank.

Guy Incognito likes this.
  9. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

Prefer him when he's miserable and straight to the point <laugh>

Oliver's Army likes this.
  10. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

Aye, it is something a bit different but not as funny as it's made out.

11. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

Few question he needs asking:

"Do you intentionally go on ****e runs after your first season or is it a by-product of you not wanting to be there anymore and counting the days until you are sacked and get another pay off?"

"Do you like getting the sack because the lump sum is easier and quicker than seeing out your contract and means you can move onto the next mugs.... sorry club?"

"You always do well the first season at a new club is that because you aren't looking for the exit door yet? Or is it because you need to keep the reputation up as a decent manager who had the team performing above their level but couldn't be sustained long term therefore keeping doors open for your next payday ...sorry club?"

"Do you actually believe you were hounded out of Sunderland cause of your geordie routes or do you know deep down it's because you had been on a ****e round and had to go? And what excuse will you use for the Mags hating you from day one?"

"Finally how many times have you 'rolled up wor sleeves and dusted wor shelves down'?

12. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Tangential.....I wonder which one our our lot is the bloke from Up then?<laugh><laugh>

13. John Wick

John Wick Well-Known Member

Played for Manchester United under Ferguson and has loads of mates in the media, both the written press, radio and TV. Can't ever do anything wrong. I remember talkSPORT asking what the Sunderland fans thought of his Managerial style and why the unrest, one lad rang in a listed a load of stuff, his failure to sign a left back, playing strikers on the wing, right backs at left back, square pegs in round holes and straight away the bloke that was on was clearly his mate, jumping to his rescue and pretty much saying we should he lucky to have him. Hughes never gets ****, Keane didn't. Press and media turn on managers all the time, they wind Jose up loads to get a sound bite. But I digress.

Smug in Boots and Guy Incognito like this.
  14. O'conner flood

O'conner flood Well-Known Member

fat bluffer

15. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator